New Grower - I really need some advice (is my set up okay?)

This your first grow in the tent with autos? Will be keeping tabs on you mate. What made you decide on the ts600? Best of luck, hope you get some great buds.

Cheers n beers
Yeah first time with a tent, grew 1 once outdoor before and that was the original plan for when we have better weather in the UK but decided to go for the tent to start them early, now it’s up and running they’ll probably just stay in the tent lol read some reviews and also it seemed a great price and set up for a newbie like them :biggrin:

I don't have enough experience to provide much useful on sativa strains. If you could get your mitts on some Cosmic Queen from Mephisto, I can certainly recommend that strain at about 12/10. It is wonderful, but good luck getting some. That is the only serious sativa that I have grown, my priority for the most part has been indicas or indica leaning hybrids. Others here might have more to offer on this.

Gathering decent information on the internet can be entertaining can it not? Clusterfork is a decent description. There is often great information there if you can find it, but for every really good source there are a dozen that are total bs. A grain or two of salt is always a good idea. :biggrin:
At the moment I am leaning towards auto gelato, jack herrer, or white widow to start. I am not set on a sativa, but I just want something relatively simple that will give me decent buds if I give it love and attention. Those strains I have narrowed down to so far all have some sativa in them with decent levels. All come from either dinafem, fast buds or black skull.

If you know of any beginner growers indicas (that won't give me couchlock) I am all ears! Thanks legend!

Yeah first time with a tent, grew 1 once outdoor before and that was the original plan for when we have better weather in the UK but decided to go for the tent to start them early, now it’s up and running they’ll probably just stay in the tent lol read some reviews and also it seemed a great price and set up for a newbie like them :biggrin:
Heck yes mate. I am literally in the same position here in AUS, the weather can be psycho. We just had 1 in a 100 year floods, hail and thunder storms at 35c and then bluebird the next day and 28c.... good luck brother, hopefully we both do a good job!

Hey everyone,

New member and a new auto grower here.

I have only grown once, and that was legit me throwing seeds into my compost and out popped three plants which in turn gave buds and I made everything into butter as the buds were not super nice (I am a little picky as I have been spoilt by a friend's primo grown weed since being introduced to weed).

I have just bought my own house and I am looking to set up a little grow for my personal use. I suffer from chronic anxiety and stress and don't want to use any meds to balance me out when I have found weed works wonders. In addition to this, my mum has extreme pain (she is in and out of hospital most days) that I want to help placate by growing a strain suitable for that (maybe something high in CBD low in THC). Any advice on decent strains for any of the above would be good. I prefer sativas when I can get them.

Background:
- I live in Australia on the east coast.
- Due to my work, it is imperative that I not get caught growing (that would implode my career or any career thereafter).
- I have a good amount of money to use, but still not looking to blow the bank.
- I am planning to grow inside and just grow 1 or 2 plants at a time (I am a very conservative smoker).
- I usually work in an office, so I am away from 6am until 7pm (including travel) but have been doing Work from home for the last 12 months and this looks set to continue, so I can be somewhat involved and present in the grow process.

I have attached the grow kit I have been thinking of buying. Again, just planning to grow a maximum of 2 plants at a time. An ounce of weed could realistically last me 6 months, but I plan on helping some friends out also as weed prices are wild here ($350AUD+ for average buds).

The kit I am planning to buy is as follows
1. Tent - 80cm x 80cm x 160cm
2. 4 inch carbon filter, fan and piping (pumped into my spare bathroom and vented out throw windows/whirly bird)
3. 450W led lamp specs as follows (I have attached the par values of the light - they didn't have a PPFD map)
LED Quantities: 90pcs 5W LEDs
LEDs Angle: 90°
Frequency: 50-60Hz
Spectrum: 450mm-470nm, 620mm-630nm, 650mm-670nm, UV400-410, IR730, 6000k, 3000k
Modes: VEG ON, BLOOM ON

I am planning on growing auto flowers in felt pots with a Canna terra soil medium and using biobizz nutes.
I am planning on using one of those tower fans where you can set the temperature produced.
Also planning on getting a therm/humidity reader as well.

Just wanting to know if that set up should suffice for 1-2 plant grows or if the knowledge bank here can offer any guidance or alternatives. I have seen some vids on the Web, but I thought this was a better forum to field my question and as to if I am missing anything? I have read a bunch of books about growing so I feel I have a rough idea, but the knowledge in this community makes me seem like a single cell worth of knowledge.

I like to be prepared, if you can't tell

Thanks so much in advance everyone, I really really appreciate the help. Cheers from down under.
Hi @Intadimensionaldisco

I live same area and have the same need for discretion.

I can point you to a local LED supplier that is the bomb. You can get a mint start to finish LED setup for under $500

I don't have enough experience to provide much useful on sativa strains. If you could get your mitts on some Cosmic Queen from Mephisto, I can certainly recommend that strain at about 12/10. It is wonderful, but good luck getting some. That is the only serious sativa that I have grown, my priority for the most part has been indicas or indica leaning hybrids. Others here might have more to offer on this.

Gathering decent information on the internet can be entertaining can it not? Clusterfork is a decent description. There is often great information there if you can find it, but for every really good source there are a dozen that are total bs. A grain or two of salt is always a good idea. :biggrin:
The internet kills me. I hear 59 good thing and then 60 bad things for every debatable aspect of weed. How can the info be that conflicting???? That shit gets me down. I am super keen to hear your indica leaning favourites though. Thanks legend, cheers n beers.

The internet kills me. I hear 59 good thing and then 60 bad things for every debatable aspect of weed. How can the info be that conflicting???? That shit gets me down. I am super keen to hear your indica leaning favourites though. Thanks legend, cheers n beers.
Lol, there's even a mathematical formula.
Opinions=assholes÷everyone.

For sleep, Mephisto 24 Carat. For daytime happy relaxed giggles and the like, Mephisto Cosmic Queen. Mephisto CDLCx3BOG from my current grow is turning out very nice, as is the Seedsman Auto Strawberry Cheesecake. Both of these latter are now well into their jar cure, smell really delicious to my nose, more fruit notes than fuel or skunk, and both are milder to my sense than the 24C which seems to be a bit of a heavy hitter.

To be honest, I think that nowadays any highly reviewed strain from a good breeder is worth a bet if the description intrigues you. Be careful of the reviews though, bad reviews seem to me to reflect grower screwups at least as often as they do seed quality. Overall, if I were you I would steer clear of strains leaning strongly to sativa, they tend to be fussier and longer grows than strains more balanced or indica.

Others here have way more experience than I do with different strains though, so take my comments on strains with a grain of salt and a puff or two. :pighug:

Back