Sweet Seeds Black Cream & Sweet Afghan Delicious (Only1Sky)

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Greetings folks. This thread will document my 2nd grow cycle of these two spectacular strains; BLACK CREAM and SWEET AFGHAN DELICIOUS. Thank you @Sweet Seeds Jay & @Sweet Seeds Apolo - - these were freebee seeds as part of prize winnings. Of the 8 Sweet Seeds strains that I've grown so far, these two plus Trainwreck are my wife's all-time favorites. So here we go again. My first run with these two was harvested in November 2019 - basically a year ago. The yield/size stats were: Black Cream 1.7 oz (46.8 gr) at 12.5" (31.8 cm) and Sweet Afghani 2.0 oz (58 gr) at 17.5" (44.5 cm). These were done in 3 gallon RainScience Grow Bags using GreenLeaf Nutrients (MegaCrop, etc). With different containers, different nutrients and more experience, I hope to do better this run. :biggrin:

My kit for this grow is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Lights: AutoCobs from CobShop; 1 each 3500K and 1 shared 2700k
6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans
Analog humidifier with Inkbird Controller
Four 3-Gallon AutoPots with Air Domes
Medium: Coco/Hydroton @ 60/40 mix
Nutrients: @Prescription Blend

Germination strategy for getting from seed to sprout:
1. 12 hours soaking in a shot glass
2. 24 hours (or until the seed develops a tap root) in a damp paper towel (in black plastic envelop on top of router)
3. Then into a jiffy starter plug (in a humidity tray on a heat mat under dual T5 bulbs) until the cotyledons appear
4. Then into the AutoPot.

3.BC (1).JPG
11.SAD (1).JPG

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing a new diary with two of our strains.

With my powers to see the future I see that... your crop will be a success! :smoking:

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

Black Cream on day 7, then day 19, then day 24. :toke:

9.BC (7).JPG

Day 19:
21.BC (19).JPG

Day 24. Leaves are a bit "funky" and color not quite right. But I'm expecting her to improve with a bit more age and root establishment.
26.BC (24).JPG

Subscribed :weed:
Received some Bloody Skunk seeds from Sweed Seeds today, can't wait to get going with them in January

Subscribed :weed:
Received some Bloody Skunk seeds from Sweed Seeds today, can't wait to get going with them in January
Good luck with it. I don't have Bloody Skunk in my collection of 17 Sweet Seeds strains, but I'm sure you'll like it. I haven't had a Sweet Seeds strain yet that we didn't like a lot. :biggrin:

Day 33 for Black Cream. She's in early flower mode, and has been laid down a bit by some LST. Today she got a strong drink of ReCharge with SLF-100. In a few days I'll hook her up to the AutoPot reservoir and begin bottom feeding with the Prescription Blend flowering mix. :toke:

35.BC (33).JPG

And here's Sweet Afghan Delicious on day 25. Leaves still a bit pale, but growth is strong and I feel that we're getting some nice roots established.

35.SAD (25).JPG

Its been ten days since the last update. Sweet Afghan is doing fabulous, Black Cream is having problems. First, here is Sweet Afghan on her day 35. She is 11" tall now, has been topped once, and has been in flower mode for 3 days. :smoking: She'll be a delicious plant.

45.SAD (35).JPG

Now a look at Black Cream on day 43. The flowers have that beautiful purple blush, but top leaves are showing severe clawing, and are a bit brittle to the touch. This situation can be seen starting even in the last update, 10 days ago. Since then its clearly gotten worse. I am thinking ... 'nitrogen toxicity' so I did a thorough flush of the pot yesterday. I'll give her a day or two to dry, then dose the coco with some ReCharge. Here's two photos. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

45.BC (43) a.JPG
45.BC (43) b.JPG

Last edited:
Back