D46: Empurpling
fulltent1.jpg

The full tent. Not much obvious happening day to day now, but the flowers are bulking up.

PP1.jpg

Pink Panama #1. Getting frosty. A bit of light stress at the very top.

PP2.jpg

Pink Panama #2. Also getting frosty. (Edit: said #1)

SourC.jpg

Sour Crack. Filling out, a bit of clawing from excess nitrogen. (The white powder is leftover flour from spraying branches pollinated with a pollen/flour mixture, not powdery mildew.)

RPCBD2.jpg

Red Pure CBD #2. The empurpling continues!

RPCBD2_top.jpg

Close up of one of #2's tops.

RPCBD1.jpg

Red Pure CBD #1 (I'm going front to back in the tent), a little further along than #2.

RPCBD1_top.jpg

Close up of one of #1's tops.

DD.jpg

Dark Devil. I think this one is just going to continue to have calcium-deficiency-spotted branches, oh well. I'm not growing for sale or instagram, so it is what it is.

DD_top.jpg

Close up of one of DD's tops.

Last edited:
D53: Pink and purple
Day 53, new pictures since it's been a week and they're all further along.

PP1.jpg

Pink Panama #1.

PP2.jpg

Pink Panama #2.

PP2_top.jpg

Closeup of one of PP2's tops. It's not so visible here because of the trichomes and flash, but PP2's buds are starting to turn a bit pink/red, like the old strain picture from Mephisto's site (archive.org link). My previous Pink Panamas have looked pretty close to that, none like the current strain picture.

RPCBD2_2.jpg

Red Pure CBD #2. Pretty short. Getting frosty. Smelling sweet/fruity.

RPCBD2_top.jpg

One of RPCBD2's tops.

SourC.jpg

Sour Crack, continuing to bulk up.

SourC_top2.jpg

One of Sour C's tops. It's possible this one will be ready to harvest around day 60-65, though I'm planning on waiting until at least day 70 to harvest so that the seeds have more time to mature.

RPCBD1.jpg

Red Pure CBD #1.

RPCBD1_top.jpg

One of RPCBD1's tops, with the stigmas looking a little further along than RPCBD2's.

DD.jpg

Dark Devil, the tallest of the bunch (about 22", the others are around 16"). Still lots of yellow/spotted fan leaves.

DD_top.jpg

One of DD's tops, with pink stigmas.

Last edited:
D60: Nearing the end
Day 60. I'm planning on giving these another ten days or so just so that the pollinated branches' seeds have more time to mature, but they're looking like they'll otherwise be ready to harvest soon -- trichomes are getting cloudy and so on. Not bad for 60 days from sprout.

fulltent2.jpg

The full tent. The Pink Panamas' uppermost fans are pretty yellow now. They wanted less light (lower growth is fine), but all the other plants want at least as much. Likewise, the Sour Crack wants less nitrogen but the Pink Panamas want more. There may have been a way I could rearrange the plants and lights to give each tray a different nutrient mix and different light levels, but I've been too busy so everything has stayed as-is.

PP1.jpg

Pink Panama #1 (green pheno). Yellow fans aside, this one's doing okay. It's hard to pick out from the others in the tent, but both the Pink Panamas smell like coffee.

PP2.jpg

Pink Panama #2 (pink pheno).

PP2_top_macro2.jpg

Some pink buds on one of PP2's tops.

RPCBD2.jpg

Red Pure CBD #2, the only plant that wound up wider than it is tall (about 16" tall).

RPCBD2_top2.jpg

One of RPCBD2's tops.

SourC.jpg

Sour Crack. This one has bulked up, got frosty, and it smells sweet/fruity.

SourC_top.jpg

One of SourC's tops.

RPCBD1_2.jpg

Red Pure CBD #1, probably the purplest of the bunch.

DD.jpg

Dark Devil, looking pretty rough and a bit foxtaily.

DD_top.jpg

One of DD's tops.

D63: Salt buildup
After a couple grows doing bottom-feeding I got lazy about top-watering once every few weeks to flush out any salt buildup, and I think that's the root cause of the problems I'm seeing this time. I watered PP1 to runoff to check, and the input of ~1300 us/cm had runoff around 2900 us/cm, so there's definitely some salt buildup in the coco. It's probably throwing off the pH, and each plant may be reacting to that a little differently. I top-watered all the others and removed the runoff. May be too late in this grow to make much difference (I'm probably harvesting in a week or so), but I should be more consistent about that next time.

Yep, coco grows great plants easily but it is definitely high maintenance.

D70: Pre-harvest pics
Day 70. I'm going to harvest any day now, as time allows, so this is the last round of pictures.

fulltent.jpg

Everything in the tent. They're all looking pretty burnt, especially the Dark Devil (back/right, taller, hard to miss). I've been really busy the last few months and didn't get around to watering to runoff much, which eventually led to salt buildup causing problems. This is also one of my shortest grows, typically the majority are around the same height as the DD. I kept them on 24/0, and kept the light somewhat low until flowering, so they stayed short initially. When I did raise the lights, the DD stretched quite a bit more than the others.

PP1_2.jpg

Pink Panama #1.

PP1_top.jpg

One of PP1's tops.

PP2.jpg

Pink Panama #2, with more Pink.

PP2_top.jpg

One of PP2's tops.

RPCBD2.jpg

Red Pure CBD #2, branchy and growing wider than tall. Lots of purple in this one, hopefully also lots of RP x Anvil seeds.

RPCBD2_top.jpg

One of RPCBD2's tops.

SourC.jpg

Sour Crack, burnt but it still bulked up pretty nicely.

SourC_top.jpg

One of SourC's tops.

RPCBD1.jpg

Red Pure CBD #1.

RPCBD1_top.jpg

One of RPCBD1's tops.

DD.jpg

Dark Devil.

DD_top.jpg

One of DD's tops.

Great colours on those!

Notes on effects New
As usual, I've been trying these using a vaporizer (dynavap) and bong.

- Dark Devil

I really like how this one tastes. It's got a sweet bright note that reminds me of Grape Crinkle, followed by something purple and floral. Very nice balanced effects: it starts out uplifting, euphoric, and motivating, then as that settles it gets chill and spacey. This plant had a pretty rough time due to the salt buildup, but I'd definitely grow Dark Devil again.

- Pink Panama #1

After a couple months this has a mild flavor, mostly dark coffee; there was some fuel/gas a couple months ago but that didn't stick around. This reminds me of another PP I grew a few years back, except a touch more stony. Very motivating and thought provoking. I can focus, but as soon as I relax the leash my mind tends to wander.

- Pink Panama #2 (the pink one)

Also tastes like coffee. Where #1 seems like a balance of the parents, I'm guessing this leans very heavily to the Panama side. Very high, but clear. Mentally focused. Zero drag. Very happy to have this flower in the rotation.

- Red Pure CBD

#1 feels like it's got a very significant amount of CBD in it and little to no THC. I haven't tried it yet combined with THC flower (which how I mainly use CBD flower, or edibles), but this turned out well, and if the Red Pure CBD x Anvil seeds I made end up roughly 1:1 those could be quite nice.

- Sour Crack

This lines up closely with the effects from the SC I grew a few years ago. Bigtime euphoric rush upfront, which gradually segues into deeply stoned couchlock. Potent. The taste reminds me of Sprite, there's a distinctly lemon/lime sweet citrus thing going on.

Back