Blue hues on leaf edges and yellowing

draxcel

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi guys,I am using canna Coco A&B+canna pH-(nitric acid) and tap 0,550 EC diluted to 0,4 with distilled water.This autoflower Is giving me Blue hues on edges of new leaves and yellowing from Bottom First leaves.Also It Is same for other 3 girls.I give a Total of 10ml A+10ml B (canna Coco) and 13 ml cannazym for a Total of 1.4 EC that I dilute to 0.9 with distilled.
The runoff Is about 0.840 Ec.I let a lot of runoff water.
Ph 5,8-6-10.
Am I giving too much water or nutrients?

Very dark leaves too

Attachments

• 16629915676215242768465417837896.jpg
    16629915676215242768465417837896.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 16629916155255744374319505896462.jpg
    16629916155255744374319505896462.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 38
The plant looks mostly healthy, but the pictures make it hard to tell. Post some pictures of the whole plant. Also how old are they? The leaves do look a little green, but nothing severe.

I am curious why you are mixing the water to 1.4 EC then watering it back to .9. If your target is .9 then you should just reduce you initial A/B dose to get that result. You are starting with .4 EC base water, which is great, and 1.4 EC should be an ok level for a healthy plant heading into flowering. When you add the distilled water back to bring it down to .9 EC you are probably throwing off the balance of the calmag and that could be causing a slow chain reaction building up to lockout or deficiency. I am not saying this is exactly what’s happening, need more information, but it’s one thing that can happen if you are consistently not using enough calmag in coco. It leads to all sorts of issues that can look like other things at first.

The plant looks mostly healthy, but the pictures make it hard to tell. Post some pictures of the whole plant. Also how old are they? The leaves do look a little green, but nothing severe.

I am curious why you are mixing the water to 1.4 EC then watering it back to .9. If your target is .9 then you should just reduce you initial A/B dose to get that result. You are starting with .4 EC base water, which is great, and 1.4 EC should be an ok level for a healthy plant heading into flowering. When you add the distilled water back to bring it down to .9 EC you are probably throwing off the balance of the calmag and that could be causing a slow chain reaction building up to lockout or deficiency. I am not saying this is exactly what’s happening, need more information, but it’s one thing that can happen if you are consistently not using enough calmag in coco. It leads to all sorts of issues that can look like other things at first.

Lower leaves are weirdos because It was in Little glass with soil to germinate and I trasferred to Coco coir.
I have not checked pH of runoff,only EC.
I use pH down a lot because my tap water Is hard,also when diluted Is still hard that I have to pH every time I feed
Also purple stems in some leaves

I am diluting my water because I read on cocoforcannabis that diluting water After mixing full dose is the right procedure.My tap water comes at EC 0.550 during Summer(right now) and lower in Winter.So I cut It with 30% distilled and we are at 0.4 basically.Also,in the municipale analisys It states an average value of calcium 50 and magnesium 27 ml/l and that It Is hard water(22 french degree unit)

My last grow I posted a lot here because I ended up with calcium excess or deficiency,but a general lockout and very CRISPY upper leaves,burnt.So I tried this approach of diluting After mixing to avoid that,but seems It Is not the right mixing procedure,can you help me @MIAutomatic ?

Edit-another weird shit Is my EC Is going down:0.849 Yesterday,0.810 today.Inflow Is 950-70,going up everytime I use nitric acid.This shit happened my last Coco grow too,then I upped the feed until I had other issues to entertain my mind with

Attachments

• 16629934546914788105220109719056.jpg
    16629934546914788105220109719056.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 16629935636382811881636561852319.jpg
    16629935636382811881636561852319.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 16629935870192989641289959413466.jpg
    16629935870192989641289959413466.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I think you are mostly on the right track, and now that I can get a better look at the whole plant I think you are not dealing with overfeeding right now, you might want to slowly increase you inflow EC. Runoff EC being lower is not necessarily something to worry about, but it can help diagnose potential problems. Lower runoff EC basically means you plant and medium are using up macro and micro nutrients faster than you are replenishing them. Getting a PH reading of your runoff will reveal a little more. If the PH is lower then you probably need to add a little more calmag/stop dilution after mixing, if the PH is higher by more than a few points then you possibly have too much calmag. If the PH is stable and just the EC is dropping then you probably need to increase the nutrient strength. These are not hard rules, just guidelines.

Cocoforcannabis mostly has really good info and I have used a lot of tips from them, but the watering back of nutrients after mixing just does not seem like good advice to me. I have been using Canna coco and nutrients for years, Canna does not recommend it and I have never done it. Canna A&B has cal/mag in it already, but it is counting on that .4EC from you tap water. By watering it down after mixing it you disrupted the balance, it’s also just more work. I have seen the common advise of watering down a solution of PH up or down before using it, but that’s an entirety different thing.

Try mixing your nutrients a day ahead and don’t PH adjust them until the second day. The PH of nutrient solution tends to swing for the first few hours so giving it time to stabilize will make it easier to adjust accurately.

The cues from your plant that it could use a bit more nutrients is the slightly lanky appearance combined with the fading of the lower fan leaves. The first could just be a genetic trait but if the plant is starting to cannibalize nutrients from its lower fan leaves at this stage, that is a sign you could be feeding it more.

I hope some of this helps, I have a coco grow journal going right now. Follow along if you like, I am trying to offer useful tips along the way, specifically about using Canna products.

Good luck!

I think you are mostly on the right track, and now that I can get a better look at the whole plant I think you are not dealing with overfeeding right now, you might want to slowly increase you inflow EC. Runoff EC being lower is not necessarily something to worry about, but it can help diagnose potential problems. Lower runoff EC basically means you plant and medium are using up macro and micro nutrients faster than you are replenishing them. Getting a PH reading of your runoff will reveal a little more. If the PH is lower then you probably need to add a little more calmag/stop dilution after mixing, if the PH is higher by more than a few points then you possibly have too much calmag. If the PH is stable and just the EC is dropping then you probably need to increase the nutrient strength. These are not hard rules, just guidelines.

Cocoforcannabis mostly has really good info and I have used a lot of tips from them, but the watering back of nutrients after mixing just does not seem like good advice to me. I have been using Canna coco and nutrients for years, Canna does not recommend it and I have never done it. Canna A&B has cal/mag in it already, but it is counting on that .4EC from you tap water. By watering it down after mixing it you disrupted the balance, it’s also just more work. I have seen the common advise of watering down a solution of PH up or down before using it, but that’s an entirety different thing.

Try mixing your nutrients a day ahead and don’t PH adjust them until the second day. The PH of nutrient solution tends to swing for the first few hours so giving it time to stabilize will make it easier to adjust accurately.

The cues from your plant that it could use a bit more nutrients is the slightly lanky appearance combined with the fading of the lower fan leaves. The first could just be a genetic trait but if the plant is starting to cannibalize nutrients from its lower fan leaves at this stage, that is a sign you could be feeding it more.

I hope some of this helps, I have a coco grow journal going right now. Follow along if you like, I am trying to offer useful tips along the way, specifically about using Canna products.

Good luck!
Thank you so much,the pH I checked a few noments ago,Is on the 7ish side coming out of the pot.Inflow was about 6.05.
Runoff EC 0.817

I started to follow your thread as you are a nice Person and also use my same line.Sorry to bother again brother

Thank you so much,the pH I checked a few noments ago,Is on the 7ish side coming out of the pot.Inflow was about 6.05.
Runoff EC 0.817

I started to follow your thread as you are a nice Person and also use my same line.Sorry to bother again brother
No problem, happy to help.

Your levels seem pretty good, so I wouldn’t make any big changes, especially not all at once.

Maybe start by mixing you nutrients to about 1.0 EC but not diluting them any further after that. That will give you just a slightly higher EC than you are currently using, but rebalance the nutrients to the manufacturers intended ratios. See how they do for 2-3 waterings and go from there.

Ph is so important that if it’s way off your plants will look like torch hot it

I don’t recall cocoforcannabis saying to dilute nutrient mixes with plain water. If memory serves me, they recommend diluting nutrient mixes with CalMag water to ensure you maintain adequate levels of CalMag. That’s what I did when I grew in coco and followed cocoforcannabis…

I don’t recall cocoforcannabis saying to dilute nutrient mixes with plain water. If memory serves me, they recommend diluting nutrient mixes with CalMag water to ensure you maintain adequate levels of CalMag. That’s what I did when I grew in coco and followed cocoforcannabis…
Yes but I should buy calmag agent and I think my tap has a good amount already

Last edited:
Back