Blue hues on leaf edges and yellowing

I did a new reservoir with 6 liters of water.I cut the A&B+Cannazym values to 60% and mixed.I later added pH down and did go a bit low to 5.5 but that Is not a problem,It Will rise a bit.
I have a question:my tap Is 29° C when I use It and measure(0.550 Ec) It with a cheap EC Meter,and I noticed that the same water has a different EC value (0.450)when It Is 19-20° or cooler.Should I consider this value as a reference ?The Meter has not a compensation factor for temperature actually?I do feed Them with 28°C nutrient solution at the end of the day,cannot refrigerate entire reservoir or more in the fridge.
Any ideas?
@MIAutomatic @tronN00dles

Your cheap meters are not going to have automatic adjustment for temperature. The temperature of your water isn’t a problem, but the unreliable PH and EC readings are definitely problematic. If you can’t figure out a way to get reliable readings with your current EC meter you might need to upgrade. I have a Hanna 3 in one that I absolutely love, it’s a little spendy, but it’s the best money I have ever spent on my grow. I am still using the original probe that I have had for almost 3 years now, the thing is indestructible and very accurate.

I love being able to check PH and EC/TDS with one meter, it’s so convenient and saves lots of time. Other than the Bluelab ph pen I had for years it’s just he only one I have ever used. I know there are a number of reliable and less expensive ph and EC pens available, but I am not the guy to make a recommendation since I haven’t used any others. Accurate metering equipment is absolutely essential to long term success in any kind of hydroponic growing medium.

Your cheap meters are not going to have automatic adjustment for temperature. The temperature of your water isn’t a problem, but the unreliable PH and EC readings are definitely problematic. If you can’t figure out a way to get reliable readings with your current EC meter you might need to upgrade. I have a Hanna 3 in one that I absolutely love, it’s a little spendy, but it’s the best money I have ever spent on my grow. I am still using the original probe that I have had for almost 3 years now, the thing is indestructible and very accurate.

I love being able to check PH and EC/TDS with one meter, it’s so convenient and saves lots of time. Other than the Bluelab ph pen I had for years it’s just he only one I have ever used. I know there are a number of reliable and less expensive ph and EC pens available, but I am not the guy to make a recommendation since I haven’t used any others. Accurate metering equipment is absolutely essential to long term success in any kind of hydroponic growing medium.
I see,I have an apera pH Meter and Is doing good,but EC Is a cheapo One that has been consistent but,I May give a try to a good EC Meter that does have a temperature factor.Do I Need to calibrate EC Meter too right?

Last edited:
Hey there - looking at the numbers of the EC going in and out it makes me think your plants are hungry as they are eating more than what goes in. E.g EC goes in at 1 comes out at .8 you can nudge it up another .2 to reach the plants sweet spot.
there are many other factors as stated, if you can get your PH and EC in very similar to what comes out your will be in decent shape

z

Hey there - looking at the numbers of the EC going in and out it makes me think your plants are hungry as they are eating more than what goes in. E.g EC goes in at 1 comes out at .8 you can nudge it up another .2 to reach the plants sweet spot.
there are many other factors as stated, if you can get your PH and EC in very similar to what comes out your will be in decent shape

z
The EC Is now higher,I mixed a batch like @MIAutomatic said(that Is what I used to do my last grow) and then Phed.I read the EC and It Is 1.140(counting in also the EC added by pH down) going and 1.020 out.Now,my EC Meter Is not good and If I should compensate for temperature factor we should remove 0.100 EC from inflow,that means 1.040 in & 0.920 out.Got to buy and EC good meter

I kept following canna schedule at minimum feed and 0.4 EC water base,A&B +Cannazym at 60% strenght and this Is the plant:runoff EC Is around 0.9 EC and the inflow between 1 EC and 0.9
This Is getting worse,I got those Brown patches(same as my last grow,they became more and more later on) on lower leaves and very blueish -dark leaves,but no clawing or Nitrogen toxicity sign.Any help?
Purple stems and darker-blueish leaves are on the top as you can see,below the leaves are more green

Attachments

• 1663417523506313329653981487978.jpg
    1663417523506313329653981487978.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 16634175607158607958446342516199.jpg
    16634175607158607958446342516199.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • 16634176482514876562025610653592.jpg
    16634176482514876562025610653592.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
A blue tint on the fan leaf edge usually indicates a P deficiency.

A blue tint on the fan leaf edge usually indicates a P deficiency.
There Is some imbalance that Is causing this,I am sure It Is my tap water hardness,using a lot of nitric acid increases N and that Is why I have a slight N claw in some leaves.But there Is some link to P deficiency

Haven’t see @Waira on any posts. Bro you ok?

Back