Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Small picture update for you guys. :thumbsup:
All the sprouts have emerged from the soil and the ones from yesterday are already standing tall. :headbang:
View attachment 1669440

I did have an issue with the humidity...Even with the humidifier on full blast, it still couldn't keep up. :shrug:
So I put my thinking cap on and after some pondering I remembered someone, on AFN, writing a great tip. "Worst case you can hang a wet towel inside." This reminded me that I still have the wicking cloth from the three trays I bought. Normally you would set pots on top of the wicking cloth and then you could leave the plants for a longer time. ie, when going on holiday for a couple of days. So I used the third tray, dumped 5L water in it. Placed the insert and the wicking cloth on top.
View attachment 1669441

The manual stated to wet the cloth first so I dumped 1L water over it and off it went 👌
So now I have approx. 1/3th of the tent's surface area functioning as a large swamp cooler humidifying the tent. :cool1:
As I'm writing this humidity went from 54% to 63%...Noice!! :coffee:
View attachment 1669442

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Looking good mate, you are working with a solid setup :thumbsup:
Thanks for that advice brother. But it looks I've got the humidity in check right now...I've installed the sensor from the other tent in-between the P9 pots at the same height as the seedlings are. This showed that both temperature and humidity are in spec.
View attachment 1669587

I'm also calling it Day 1 today. All the seedlings have emerged from the soil even though not all of them are doing that great, but that's where the selection comes into place.
View attachment 1669588

I5 for instance hasn't moved since the day before yesterday...So this one will be removed.
View attachment 1669589

F4 kicked the bucket and...will also be removed.
View attachment 1669590

The entire A row, except for A4 is going the way of the Dodo...I know, I have to be hard. I only want the best for procreation. Don't want slow sprouts in my end result :shrug:
View attachment 1669591

F1 started off with three cotyledons but doesn't do much compared to it's siblings in the same row. I will give this one a chance and decide later this week if I'm going to keep her/him.
View attachment 1669592

The same goes out for B5. Going to give this one a couple of days more before I make my decision. Yup, I'm a softy...
View attachment 1669593

Finally B3 didn't surface at all...I've said it before, Darwin knows best :thumbsup:
View attachment 1669594

And this brings me to the end of today's post.
One more thing though. I've moved the time lapse camera into the tent, but my DIY light is blinking so hard that it creates black lines over the picture.
I hope the TSL-2000 will arrive soon. Small bump for @Marshydro
View attachment 1669595

Regards,

You win some you loose some, just natural selection right? :hump:
:goodluck: Keep it up mate!

Day 3
Hey growers 'n blowers :toke:

Day three for my little ones and everything is going on autopilot thus far. The seedlings are receiving light 24/7 which should help in keeping them small. I know this seems contradictory, but plants use the lights out period to elongate their cells and so stretch faster in the dark than in the light. I also upped the light from a DLI of 12 Mole to 15 Mole. This isn't observable by eye, but my sensor does notice the little difference.

I gave the plants their first feed today with my version of the orgatrex, to where I added the bactrex bacteria. After standing for over two months the viscosity of the molasses has decreased to where it's almost like fresh cream. The awful rotten egg smell has subsided. Happy? Yes, but I didn't make it to use it as a deodorizer :stir: on the other hand, this means the bacteria are doing their thing. Luckily I made this batch with 5L of molasses so there will still be more then enough carbohydrates left to feed the soil bacteria.
I dosed three liters of water with 15ml of the stuff and divided it over the two trays. This will give the younglings something to munch on while the bacteria colonize the soil even further.

I also removed said seedlings from day 1, so now 39 are left. I'm not counting the three from GHS as these are feminized and not suitable for breeding. :shrug:

You can't see it in the picture, as it's just a picture :haha:, but the small clip-on fan on the right side of the tent is waving these younglings from left to right. This resulted in some of the larger seedlings like I3, GH2 and C2 to drop and fall over. I propped them against their nametag for now as I don't like to use any metal wire to support them as I'm looking for healthy plants. In comparance H1 and D3, to name a few, are standing their ground and wiggle nicely under the force the fan puts on them. If they fall over and are lying on the ground again, they will have to go. Or I might repot them and place them inside the greenhouse. It might be a Sativa expression or they are male? We'll see...
1709847977224 _small.jpg

That's about it for now as a time lapse isn't possible underneath these lights because of the flickering. I did get a refund from Aliexpress for the triacs and 4 of the DOB lights, but for one reason or another they judged that the other four lights were A-ok!! :doh: I'm not going to bother with it any further as I don't want to put any energy into something I can't change. What did change was the fact that @Marshydro is enjoying a well deserved holiday brake 🥂 but right before she left, she made me a nice offer. So you guys will have to be a bit more patient and see what comes out of the grapevines 🤞
More about this on Monday.

Regards,

Hey @Bob's Auto's
Great project bro. I was gifted some White widow buds last week from a friend. He got two phenos, one was like the oldskool Dutch white widow. He grew them from a pack from Dutch passion.
You lucky dog you! Which one did you prefer?
Dutch Passion for the win!! :woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1:

You lucky dog you! Which one did you prefer?
Dutch Passion for the win!! :woohoo1::woohoo1::woohoo1:
There were two, one was light purple, I would say the taste was a bit more harsh . I personally prefer the green ones, it's exactly the smoke I know from the early days. We got much white widow around in the early 2000.

There were two, one was light purple, I would say the taste was a bit more harsh . I personally prefer the green ones, it's exactly the smoke I know from the early days. We got much white widow around in the early 2000.
I'm on a search for the eluding white version. Covered with sticky trichomes :d5:

Day 6 - removal of unwanted seedlings...
Hey growers & blowers :toke:

The day of reconning has come upon us...That is to say, upon the unwanted seedlings. 😇
For those of you with feeble harts...Please look away :mrgreen:

Let's begin with the situation before I started to pick the worst one's from the group. As you can see some of them are lying on their sides, these will have to go!!
1710074843836 _small.jpg

Crooked leaves, not a good sign. Byebye 🖐️👋
1710074843831 _small.jpg

Another with crooked leaves.
1710074843827 _small.jpg

The smallest one of the group. When I pulled the seedling from the soil, it barely had a root system...
1710074843822 _small.jpg

Don't have to explain why this one had to go? 🤌
1710074843817 _small.jpg

Greenhouse Seeds #2 can't hold it's liquor... :coffee:
1710074843811 _small.jpg

As does C4. 💥
1710074843806 _small.jpg

I1 wasn't barely bigger then F1 so it went the way of the dodo. Although when pulling the seedling out, it had a beautiful root ball dangling below.
Live and learn :shrug:
1710074843800 _small.jpg

A1 doesn't look that shabby either. I know, I have to be strict :naughtystep:
1710074843795 _small.jpg

The rest of the group...
All were making a sigh of relief, not being culled. "Let this be a lesson for ya'll! If you're not the best, you're gone with the rest!!" 👉
1710074843790 _small.jpg

32 seedlings have "survived" this ordeal. Two of them are GHS, so these don't count. I'm still in dubio over H4, H5, F5 and C1, as these are swaying from left to right in the breeze the fan puts out. But as long as they don't fall over I'll give 'm a chance.
I've also went from 24/7 lights on to a more "normal" 18/6 lights on/off. This meant I had to raise the power to the lights so my DLI would still end up around 20-24 Moles. The heatpad is turned off and the extraction fan is turned up by 1% to get the temperature into spec without messing up the VPD.
1710078220017 _small.jpg

I've also ordered 3L pots (19 cm Ø × 14,5 cm H) to transplant the seedlings in when the time is ripe. The organic soil in the greenhouse has been turned over again and is smelling sweet. Must be from all the molasses I added a while ago. I've also added about 10L rabbit manure in the mix. Looks like slow release pellets, hehe.

Anywho...That's it for today

Regards,

Back