Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Great job what a great start I love white widow I have grown the seedsman white widow many times an really enjoyed it

Great job what a great start I love white widow I have grown the seedsman white widow many times an really enjoyed it
Yeah, there are so many versions of White Widow running around. My research narrowed it down to three players, but only Dutch Passion was so confident about their product they agreed upon the blind test and sponsored me their regular genetics.

Yeah, there are so many versions of White Widow running around. My research narrowed it down to three players, but only Dutch Passion was so confident about their product they agreed upon the blind test and sponsored me their regular genetics. Th

Yeah, there are so many versions of White Widow running around. My research narrowed it down to three players, but only Dutch Passion was so confident about their product they agreed upon the blind test and sponsored me their regular genetics.
Nice I’m sure the dp offerings are extremely good I still got some dinafem white widow an blue widow 😂 I should probably run those gems 💎

First seedlings...
Hey growers and blowers :toke:

I've been checking the tent's values the last two days...The temperature is a nice and cozy 25-26°C/77-79°F. Keeping the humidity high enough is a real challenge. I've placed a humidifier amongst the seedlings and been spritzing the pots every six hours or so. Even though the VPD is way up there, but this doesn't seem to harm the little ones.
1709483952582 _small.jpg

Already there are 36 seedlings up and running...Because of the 15 pic. limit I've stitched the pictures per three together so I can show all to you 👌
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Small picture update for you guys. :thumbsup:
All the sprouts have emerged from the soil and the ones from yesterday are already standing tall. :headbang:
1709571626330 _small.jpg

I did have an issue with the humidity...Even with the humidifier on full blast, it still couldn't keep up. :shrug:
So I put my thinking cap on and after some pondering I remembered someone, on AFN, writing a great tip. "Worst case you can hang a wet towel inside." This reminded me that I still have the wicking cloth from the three trays I bought. Normally you would set pots on top of the wicking cloth and then you could leave the plants for a longer time. ie, when going on holiday for a couple of days. So I used the third tray, dumped 5L water in it. Placed the insert and the wicking cloth on top.
1709571626320 _small.jpg

The manual stated to wet the cloth first so I dumped 1L water over it and off it went 👌
So now I have approx. 1/3th of the tent's surface area functioning as a large swamp cooler humidifying the tent. :cool1:
As I'm writing this humidity went from 54% to 63%...Noice!! :coffee:
1709571626285 _small.jpg

Regards,

Small picture update for you guys. :thumbsup:
All the sprouts have emerged from the soil and the ones from yesterday are already standing tall. :headbang:
View attachment 1669440

I did have an issue with the humidity...Even with the humidifier on full blast, it still couldn't keep up. :shrug:
So I put my thinking cap on and after some pondering I remembered someone, on AFN, writing a great tip. "Worst case you can hang a wet towel inside." This reminded me that I still have the wicking cloth from the three trays I bought. Normally you would set pots on top of the wicking cloth and then you could leave the plants for a longer time. ie, when going on holiday for a couple of days. So I used the third tray, dumped 5L water in it. Placed the insert and the wicking cloth on top.
View attachment 1669441

The manual stated to wet the cloth first so I dumped 1L water over it and off it went 👌
So now I have approx. 1/3th of the tent's surface area functioning as a large swamp cooler humidifying the tent. :cool1:
As I'm writing this humidity went from 54% to 63%...Noice!! :coffee:
View attachment 1669442

Regards,

if you still need to bump the humidity when you run out of floor space make a lil washing line between the tent pole on one side of the tent and hang your towel from that i use a spray bottle to wet it but you can also just slowly wet it with a jug works well till the plants get big enough to create their own humidity

Day 1 - The seedlings have emerged.
if you still need to bump the humidity when you run out of floor space make a lil washing line between the tent pole on one side of the tent and hang your towel from that i use a spray bottle to wet it but you can also just slowly wet it with a jug works well till the plants get big enough to create their own humidity
Thanks for that advice brother. But it looks I've got the humidity in check right now...I've installed the sensor from the other tent in-between the P9 pots at the same height as the seedlings are. This showed that both temperature and humidity are in spec.
1709638283596 _small.jpg

I'm also calling it Day 1 today. All the seedlings have emerged from the soil even though not all of them are doing that great, but that's where the selection comes into place.
1709637858384 _small.jpg

I5 for instance hasn't moved since the day before yesterday...So this one will be removed.
1709637858380 _small.jpg

F4 kicked the bucket and...will also be removed.
1709637858375 _small.jpg

The entire A row, except for A4 is going the way of the Dodo...I know, I have to be hard. I only want the best for procreation. Don't want slow sprouts in my end result :shrug:
1709637858364 _small.jpg

F1 started off with three cotyledons but doesn't do much compared to it's siblings in the same row. I will give this one a chance and decide later this week if I'm going to keep her/him.
1709637858360 _small.jpg

The same goes out for B5. Going to give this one a couple of days more before I make my decision. Yup, I'm a softy...
1709637858353 _small.jpg

Finally B3 didn't surface at all...I've said it before, Darwin knows best :thumbsup:
1709637858347 _small.jpg

And this brings me to the end of today's post.
One more thing though. I've moved the time lapse camera into the tent, but my DIY light is blinking so hard that it creates black lines over the picture.
I hope the TSL-2000 will arrive soon. Small bump for @Marshydro
Y0090800 _small.JPG

Regards,

Back