Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Please be careful not to catch mold in between the cloth and the tent - looks narrow and not aerated well.
Thanks man! Haven't thought about that... I'll keep an eye out for trouble 👌

Keeping it nice and clean mate, well done :thumbsup:
Will be interesting to see which ones will become the keepers, I have a feeling you are going to have a hard time making that decision.

Enjoy the grow and happy 420 today
:pass:
First off. Thanks for the rep bro! :cheers:
Thanks! While I got the parents out I wiped the entire floor of the tent. The parents themselves have gotten a nice short haircut and lot's of new nodes to pick and choose from next time.
You have any idea how long I should be vegging them clones for? I was thinking one more week and then switch them to 12/12 or do you think 10/14 gives better results?

Happy 420 ya'll ♥

Last edited:
Personally I would leave them for 1,5 - 2 weeks maximum, depending on their speed of growth.
You could still loose a few of them to males right?

12/12 for flowering is definitely recommended, you want to see how they do with a 'normal' light schedule.
Hope you had a nice 420 weekend..

Cheers mate! :baked:

Personally I would leave them for 1,5 - 2 weeks maximum, depending on their speed of growth.
Okilidokily :thumbsup: I'll keep you guys updated with pictures and a time lapse every so often. The plants are starting to get that nice green color. Think the organic soil is way happier in larger quantities. No signs of gnats anywhere, so the nematodes did their work. 👌
Any idea how much the White Widow will stretch? Just to make sure I don't veg them to high and then run into trouble later on.

You could still loose a few of them to males right?
Statistically I should loose half of them, but we'll have to see because I already did some selection. I do think the two larger ones (marked in blue) are males and hope the two smaller ones (marked in red) are too. This is a picture from the time lapse camera from just now.
Y0132860 _small.JPG

12/12 for flowering is definitely recommended, you want to see how they do with a 'normal' light schedule.
Thanks again for the help. This is my first photo grow inside were I'm the one controlling everything. And better to ask and sound green, then learning the hard way... :cheers:

Hope you had a nice 420 weekend..
Oh man, got my hands on some fine RS #11. You know the one from the "wiet experiment". That's some fine ass buds, perfectly cured for 6 months and not one piece of leaf to be found! Oh and packed with trichomes 👌
Been going to Eindhoven the last few times, but now I know where to go next time. Mhmmmmm....

Regards,

Bob :toke:

How 'much' it will stretch depends on so many factors (like how big are the plants, what are the conditions, how are they treated etc. etc.) that it is hard to name a number. I think in general they will stretch 2-3 weeks after switching the clock to 12/12. These are compact, medium sized plants, normally with a decent amount of stretch.

Your welcome for the help buddy, any questions you have you know how to find me ;-) So far you are doing a great job man, cannot wait for this journey to unravel. Take care @Bob's Auto's and keep it up!
:cheers:

Day 50 New
How 'much' it will stretch depends on so many factors (like how big are the plants, what are the conditions, how are they treated etc. etc.) that it is hard to name a number. I think in general they will stretch 2-3 weeks after switching the clock to 12/12. These are compact, medium sized plants, normally with a decent amount of stretch.
Ok, I'll let them grow and veg out for a while then. Since there's a lot of Sativa in this cultivar I thought it might have a higher then normal stretch. And I only have 140cm headroom. But for now we are golden...Plants are loving their new soil and have gained their color back. :thumbsup:
1713974884680 _small.jpg

After the lights came on I watered all the plants. Had to use 25L water in total, but that's including the parents pot's. But more on that in a moment.
This pot received 5L water with added molasses and stuff...
1713974884685 _small.jpg

This soil soakes up water like a sponge. I "blame" the rice hulls...These create small openings everywhere and help aerate the soil and when watered helps the water penetrate deep into the soil.
1713974884691 _small.jpg

Don't know if that small failure in the lower right corner is going to make it, but compared to all the others it is surely looking poor :shrug:
Still I'm going to try my best to let it flower so we at least can determine the sex of this little one. :thumbsup:
1713974884697 _small.jpg

Lovely to see such small plants with so many fingered leaves. I understand now why professional groweries prefer to work with photo's. When you've got your cloning skills under your belt it would be so easy to get a grow after a grow with these plants.
1713974884703 _small.jpg

A couple of hours after watering, the plants have dried up nicely and stand erect again :coffee:
Y0133453 _small.JPG

So yeah, I needed 20L to water all these pots until they stopped creating bubbles underneath the water. I did make use of this treatment to add another 10 Million nematodes to the mix as I still saw some gnats flying around. I felt I needed to rehydrate the soil every once in a while. I was limiting their water uptake of lately and this resulted in some dry patches in the soil. It was meant well as I tried to slow down growth on these plants. But by doing so, had to remedy the dry patches.
So I used a 10L bucket and dunked each pot inside until bubbles stopped appearing on the surface. Then I set these in a tray to leach out the surplus water. Had to top up the bucket two times with 5L, so yup...20L in total was used.
1713974884675 _small.jpg

The tent's floor was still clean enough, so no vacuuming done today. And again, loads of headroom to grow them shoots. And shoots, there are enough off! :shooty:
1713974884668 _small.jpg

I have another time lapse from inside the "clone" tent. Speed = 30fps, duration = 66 hours. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Ok, I'll let them grow and veg out for a while then. Since there's a lot of Sativa in this cultivar I thought it might have a higher then normal stretch. And I only have 140cm headroom. But for now we are golden...Plants are loving their new soil and have gained their color back. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1678977

After the lights came on I watered all the plants. Had to use 25L water in total, but that's including the parents pot's. But more on that in a moment.
This pot received 5L water with added molasses and stuff...
View attachment 1678978

This soil soakes up water like a sponge. I "blame" the rice hulls...These create small openings everywhere and help aerate the soil and when watered helps the water penetrate deep into the soil.
View attachment 1678979

Don't know if that small failure in the lower right corner is going to make it, but compared to all the others it is surely looking poor :shrug:
Still I'm going to try my best to let it flower so we at least can determine the sex of this little one. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1678980

Lovely to see such small plants with so many fingered leaves. I understand now why professional groweries prefer to work with photo's. When you've got your cloning skills under your belt it would be so easy to get a grow after a grow with these plants.
View attachment 1678982
A couple of hours after watering, the plants have dried up nicely and stand erect again :coffee:
View attachment 1678986

So yeah, I needed 20L to water all these pots until they stopped creating bubbles underneath the water. I did make use of this treatment to add another 10 Million nematodes to the mix as I still saw some gnats flying around. I felt I needed to rehydrate the soil every once in a while. I was limiting their water uptake of lately and this resulted in some dry patches in the soil. It was meant well as I tried to slow down growth on these plants. But by doing so, had to remedy the dry patches.
So I used a 10L bucket and dunked each pot inside until bubbles stopped appearing on the surface. Then I set these in a tray to leach out the surplus water. Had to top up the bucket two times with 5L, so yup...20L in total was used.
View attachment 1678983

The tent's floor was still clean enough, so no vacuuming done today. And again, loads of headroom to grow them shoots. And shoots, there are enough off! :shooty:
View attachment 1678984

I have another time lapse from inside the "clone" tent. Speed = 30fps, duration = 66 hours. Enjoy :thanks:
View attachment 1678985

Regards,

Lovely jubbly mate. Some nice looking choices you have there.
Love it . 😀

You can always bend/supercrop some of the highest branches, even doing it now in veg can help maintain an even canopy later in flowering.
I think with one more week you are good 2 go mate..

Especially knowing you might loose a few plants to males it wouldn't hurt to have it a bit more cramped before switching to 12/12.

I would start defoliating and lollypopping as soon as you know the males are identified (or when the jungle is really overlapping, then you need to create some air/light pockets.

Cheers

I second Antonio -- just 1 - 2 weeks veg, and use 12/12.
Things are looking great, and they're only going to get better!

Just thought that i would chime in...back in the very early 2000's, i won some WW x NL#5 beans from MarcEmery. I think that it was Dutch Passion widow that was used? Anyway, it was a heck of a strong buzz for the newbie that i was (wonder how it would affect me, now, ha), and was so easy to grow. I certainly wasn't disappointed! In fact, i think that i liked it better than the BWG that i was gifted, but i do like more sativa, and the NL#5 was supposedly half Haw.Sat., so that would explain the preference, i suppose.

I'll be stopping in to see the progress, every now and then.

Back