Got my cloning kit ready.
  • Labels
  • ISO
  • Clonex
  • Resealable bag of Root Riots
  • Nitril gloves
  • Sterile scalpels
  • Pipettes
  • A set with small containers, made from the ends of the pipettes, for the Clonex
  • Plastic cups for sterilizing the scalpels in between cuts.
  • Something to munch on while working :rofl:
Something I forgot? Please do tell...
1711316239161 _small.jpg

1711316239167 _small.jpg

Last edited:
  • Labels
  • ISO
  • Clonex
  • Sterile scalpels
  • Pipettes
  • A set with small containers, made from the ends of the pipettes, for the Clonex
View attachment 1673363
View attachment 1673362
Hi my friend
Sounds good you got all together. I wish you a fast rooting . I hate it making clones , I cut a hole night with 2 friends around 300 and my fingers don't like it.

Everything looking great in their Bob!
Cool you could fit the extra three pots in to make 24.

As for the shoots and cloning, you've probably already done the clones, but anyways...
Their length is good, but it's best to have a node or two (obviously with leaves removed) in the medium for clones.
That is, you want them long enough that you can trim off a node or two of leaves, and cut them so that the now stripped nodes are in the medium.
These are the best places for roots to form from, so make sure the stripped node also gets the rooting hormone powder / gel / whatever you use.

What you have should work, they're a good age and healthy, though, so don't worry about it.

Now I know you've definitely been at the Mr Nice Seedbank auctions, 15 is the standard starting price for those packs of 15.
Great deals a plenty, enjoy!

Everything looking great in their Bob!
Cool you could fit the extra three pots in to make 24.

As for the shoots and cloning, you've probably already done the clones, but anyways...
Their length is good, but it's best to have a node or two (obviously with leaves removed) in the medium for clones.
That is, you want them long enough that you can trim off a node or two of leaves, and cut them so that the now stripped nodes are in the medium.
These are the best places for roots to form from, so make sure the stripped node also gets the rooting hormone powder / gel / whatever you use.

What you have should work, they're a good age and healthy, though, so don't worry about it.

Now I know you've definitely been at the Mr Nice Seedbank auctions, 15 is the standard starting price for those packs of 15.
Great deals a plenty, enjoy!
Thanks for the kind words!!
I've not yet started making clones. As this is the first time I'm going to actually do it for real, I was hoping on some advice. So thank you for the 'node' tip. I'm sure to take this into account when selecting branches. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words!!
I've not yet started making clones. As this is the first time I'm going to actually do it for real, I was hoping on some advice. So thank you for the 'node' tip. I'm sure to take this into account when selecting branches. :cheers:
Okay, great, my post was in time.

Hey Growers & Blowers :toke:

Yesterday evening I've sprayed the plants with some BoomBoom spray. It keeps the plants happy, but also gives the side shoots some extra enery for when they are cut from the mother/fater plant...
View attachment 1673120

View attachment 1673121

View attachment 1673122

Some of the sideshoots are long enough, at least I think so... What do you think @Antonio_DutchPassion?
View attachment 1673123

Pushed the seringe into the soil to give you an idea how large the shoots are...
View attachment 1673124

Another great example of a nice plant with some great looking shoots on the second node. I also think this is a male, conform to the stretched appearance and all. I topped this one at the third node as topping at the fourt woul push the leaves into the light.
View attachment 1673125

View attachment 1673126

Loads of shoots on this plant. Gonna give 'm all a week for the smaller shoots to catch up with the longer one's.
View attachment 1673127

View attachment 1673128

For pictures and time lapses the light suck big time. But for stretching the nodes, the lack of usefull light does help in stretching those shoots...Still I can't wait for my light to arrive. I've been checking the topside of the tent and think I'll be removing the controller and led driver from the board. On top of my tent lies a thin piece of stiff wood back boarding. My thought was to use this as a mount to screw the light onto. A couple of holes for the wiring to go through and a couple of washers to spread the weight onto the board. This way the light hangs as high as possible. 👌
View attachment 1673129

The plants aren't very big, And that's intentional as the max height of the tent is only 60cm/2' high. With my DIY light I'm losing about 10cm for the frome, controller box and fans for the COB lights.
View attachment 1673130

All heathy looking plants if I may say so :hump:
View attachment 1673131

No time lapse as the light in this tent is causing that obnoxious flickering in the photo's...
I do have some news. Got a scratch card this week and won 500€, so I've treated the missus to a new pair of glasses and with the remainder I'm currently on an auction site bidding for some choice genetics. Some Sativa dominant and some Indica dominant. And everything in between.
My current damage sits around 190€ and this for a total of 125 seeds. All regular photo's, and most have one form or another of Skunk #1 inside. I even got a G13 (Hash plant) Afgan Skunk hybrid, which I had to fight for against another contester, extending the auction by at least 12 seconds, lol. I finally won it for 30€ at 15 seeds.
Still, there are three days left for all the biddings I'm contesting in, but I have more seeds than I actually need, so I'm waiting to see when someone overbids these and then I'll tab out. If noone does It'll cost me 15€ per pack of 15 seeds. If someone (fair chance that'll happen) overbids, my damage will be under 200€ and that's with tracked shipping.
The seeds will be kept at a stable temperature inside the basement where it's always 8°C/46°F which will keep them safe for many years to come. I keep all my seeds there and never had any issues germinating older seeds :thumbsup:

Anyeone willing to take a guess what my next project will be about? :eyebrows:

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Solid growth mate :pop: is it possible you are having some blind spots with the DYI light?
Looking at the pictures it seems like some are a bit in the shade..
For the rest everything looking tip top mate, you are doing a great job! So keep it up! :cheers:
  • Labels
  • ISO
  • Clonex
  • Sterile scalpels
  • Pipettes
View attachment 1673363
View attachment 1673362
Hope everything went well with the cloning mate :woohoo1:
Onto an even greener future :cooldance:

Day 21
Hey Growers & Blowers :toke:

Thanks for the rep @Antonio_DutchPassion, this means a lot!! :cheers:

Three weeks old and the plants are loving the new soil they're in...As they have blown up over the last few days after repotting the lot. All have healthy leaves which formed a thick canopy. The introduction of the living soil did bring with it some gnats, but since hanging the yellow sticky flytrap I've only cached two of these little buggers.
1711471516276 _small.jpg

To open up that thick canopy I removed quite a lot of the bigger fan leaves so the light could penetrate a bit further and help the side shoots to elongate towards the light. Remember, the plants in this tent don't have to be pretty, but generate shoots for me to use as clones. :thumbsup:
1711471516270 _small.jpg

Some of the plants, which I think are the males (like D5 on the right) look quite naked now without their big fanleaves. But that's ok 👌
1711471516265 _small.jpg

I hope by next week to be able to take cuttings from all the plants and root them...
The smell inside the tent is starting to change from green grass to a more musky down to earth smell. This tells me that in normal conditions they almost would be ready to flip. Luckily this isn't the case for them and they can stay on 18/6 for quite some time to come. I will need to prune them once in a while, but that will only give me more material to work with. I might even try some tissue culture if I can find the time for it. That would make it possible for me to send some overseas to a buddy of mine. We'll see what comes of it... 👨‍⚕️
1711471516261 _small.jpg

Again, no time lapse from this tent as we're still waiting on that light. Let's keep our fingers crossed I receive a tracking number by the end of the week like @Marshydro promised. 🤞

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Back