Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Hey Growers & Blowers :toke:

Thanks for the rep @Antonio_DutchPassion, this means a lot!! :cheers:

Three weeks old and the plants are loving the new soil they're in...As they have blown up over the last few days after repotting the lot. All have healthy leaves which formed a thick canopy. The introduction of the living soil did bring with it some gnats, but since hanging the yellow sticky flytrap I've only cached two of these little buggers.
View attachment 1673673

To open up that thick canopy I removed quite a lot of the bigger fan leaves so the light could penetrate a bit further and help the side shoots to elongate towards the light. Remember, the plants in this tent don't have to be pretty, but generate shoots for me to use as clones. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1673674

Some of the plants, which I think are the males (like D5 on the right) look quite naked now without their big fanleaves. But that's ok 👌
View attachment 1673675

I hope by next week to be able to take cuttings from all the plants and root them...
The smell inside the tent is starting to change from green grass to a more musky down to earth smell. This tells me that in normal conditions they almost would be ready to flip. Luckily this isn't the case for them and they can stay on 18/6 for quite some time to come. I will need to prune them once in a while, but that will only give me more material to work with. I might even try some tissue culture if I can find the time for it. That would make it possible for me to send some overseas to a buddy of mine. We'll see what comes of it... 👨‍⚕️
View attachment 1673676

Again, no time lapse from this tent as we're still waiting on that light. Let's keep our fingers crossed I receive a tracking number by the end of the week like @Marshydro promised. 🤞

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Looking great Bob also I'm so glad you got your light as any vendor would be stupid not to want you using there lights or products

Thanks for the rep @Antonio_DutchPassion, this means a lot!! :cheers:

Three weeks old and the plants are loving the new soil they're in...As they have blown up over the last few days after repotting the lot. All have healthy leaves which formed a thick canopy. The introduction of the living soil did bring with it some gnats, but since hanging the yellow sticky flytrap I've only cached two of these little buggers.
View attachment 1673673

To open up that thick canopy I removed quite a lot of the bigger fan leaves so the light could penetrate a bit further and help the side shoots to elongate towards the light. Remember, the plants in this tent don't have to be pretty, but generate shoots for me to use as clones. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1673674

Some of the plants, which I think are the males (like D5 on the right) look quite naked now without their big fanleaves. But that's ok 👌
View attachment 1673675

I hope by next week to be able to take cuttings from all the plants and root them...
The smell inside the tent is starting to change from green grass to a more musky down to earth smell. This tells me that in normal conditions they almost would be ready to flip. Luckily this isn't the case for them and they can stay on 18/6 for quite some time to come. I will need to prune them once in a while, but that will only give me more material to work with. I might even try some tissue culture if I can find the time for it. That would make it possible for me to send some overseas to a buddy of mine. We'll see what comes of it... 👨‍⚕️
View attachment 1673676

Again, no time lapse from this tent as we're still waiting on that light. Let's keep our fingers crossed I receive a tracking number by the end of the week like @Marshydro promised. 🤞

Regards,

I can't wait for this result
Ticking all my boxes.

Looking great Bob also I'm so glad you got your light as any vendor would be stupid not to want you using there lights or products
Oh no, I didn't get any light bro. :shrug:

I ordered and paid for one on MarsHydro's website as it was 'in stock', but after three days and a mail to our rep I found out they were actually not in stock. So I got the choice to wait or get a refund. I opted to wait as I needed the money back before I could order from somewhere else and this would have even taken longer.
They promised the light would be sent out by the end of this month, so I'm actually waiting on that tracking number...
The light inside the tent, is still my DIY COB light, which for my P1's isn't doing all that bad, only the flickering is giving me a headache and the time lapse camera can't take any decent pictures without a black stripe being produced.
They only need to be healthy and push out side shoots to make cuttings from. But if I didn't already had that light, I would have really been pissed at MH as this would have cost me my plants...Now that's a great way to treat your customers!! Oh, let's not forget, they did offer me a clip-on fan for the trouble... Hah! As if that would have made losing my plants be A-ok 👌
So now, I do take the extra time to remove any sort of visible signage of said company. The sun shines for free, but I don't...

Sorry for being the downer in my own threat, but as I said, I share everything...The good, the bad and the ugly!!

I can't wait for this result
Ticking all my boxes.
Thanks for the kind words brother!! You've been by my side from the get go and I do appreciate everything you have done. The same goes out to the Dutch Passion team and in particularly Antonio as without them I wouldn't have been able to have such a large selection to choose from. ❤️:cheers:

Oh no, I didn't get any light bro. :shrug:

I ordered and paid for one on MarsHydro's website as it was 'in stock', but after three days and a mail to our rep I found out they were actually not in stock. So I got the choice to wait or get a refund. I opted to wait as I needed the money back before I could order from somewhere else and this would have even taken longer.
They promised the light would be sent out by the end of this month, so I'm actually waiting on that tracking number...
The light inside the tent, is still my DIY COB light, which for my P1's isn't doing all that bad, only the flickering is giving me a headache and the time lapse camera can't take any decent pictures without a black stripe being produced.
They only need to be healthy and push out side shoots to make cuttings from. But if I didn't already had that light, I would have really been pissed at MH as this would have cost me my plants...Now that's a great way to treat your customers!! Oh, let's not forget, they did offer me a clip-on fan for the trouble... Hah! As if that would have made losing my plants be A-ok 👌
So now, I do take the extra time to remove any sort of visible signage of said company. The sun shines for free, but I don't...

Sorry for being the downer in my own threat, but as I said, I share everything...The good, the bad and the ugly!!

Thanks for the kind words brother!! You've been by my side from the get go and I do appreciate everything you have done. The same goes out to the Dutch Passion team and in particularly Antonio as without them I wouldn't have been able to have such a large selection to choose from. ❤️:cheers:
No problem my friend. We are all in on this game of life. Love it.

Just noticed you replied while I was typing today's post.

Solid growth mate :pop: is it possible you are having some blind spots with the DYI light?
Looking at the pictures it seems like some are a bit in the shade..
For the rest everything looking tip top mate, you are doing a great job! So keep it up! :cheers:
Yup, you are quite correct on the blind spots, that's why I can't wait to receive that new light.

Hope everything went well with the cloning mate :woohoo1:
Onto an even greener future :cooldance:
Haven't made any cuttings yet as I posted that to see if someone would respond and give me some advice or tell me I forgot something in my kit. I'm actually giving the plants until the end of the week and will take cuttings in the weekend. The missus and kids are going to a indoor playthingy for a birthday party and this will give me the time to setup a small table and my kit to work in a sanitary environment.

100% @Sawney_bean :cheers:

And :thanks: @Bob's Auto's its just great what we can do/achieve if we help/assist each other right.. :cooldance:

I wish more in our world would work the same, working together instead of ripping each other of and destroying lives/homes of so many people, all for a bit more of profit for the wealthy fcking few..

100% @Sawney_bean :cheers:

And :thanks: @Bob's Auto's its just great what we can do/achieve if we help/assist each other right.. :cooldance:

I wish more in our world would work the same, working together instead of ripping each other of and destroying lives/homes of so many people, all for a bit more of profit for the wealthy fcking few..
Spot on mate.

Day 23

Almost cloning time, so I soaked the plants with a vigorous dose of BoomBoom Spray.
1711647884819 _small.jpg

Most plants already have nice sideshoots, but are lacking the extra pair of leaves where to make the final cut.
1711647884803 _small.jpg

I've been reading up on cloning techniques and supposedly I can make use of the connecting tissue where the shoot meets the stalk. I could also try to use the air layering technique @Shiva's Mistress suggested to me.
1711647884808 _small.jpg

What do you think @Antonio_DutchPassion?
1711647884813 _small.jpg

I've also noticed loads of lifeforms in and around the soil. So turned on the macro function of my phone and voilla...
Here's a Gnat resting on the rim of one of the pots just before I squashed the little fugger.
1711647884835 _small.jpg

Even zoomed in closer and one can see a couple of compost mites.
1711647885091 _small.jpg

And these little buggers were awfully fast and difficult to take a decent picture of...The Fungus mite.🐛
1711647885119 _small.jpg

Oh, watching all those tutorials for cloning, I noticed I forgot the add a pair of rubber/nitril gloves. So we'll add that to the list above :thumbsup:
Wish me luck as the next time I'm posting, I will probably have taken the cuts. I'm not going to photograph the whole process as I'm learning and need to focus on my technique rather than combining the two. 🎪📷

Regards,

Almost cloning time, so I soaked the plants with a vigorous dose of BoomBoom Spray.
View attachment 1674058

Most plants already have nice sideshoots, but are lacking the extra pair of leaves where to make the final cut.
View attachment 1674059

I've been reading up on cloning techniques and supposedly I can make use of the connecting tissue where the shoot meets the stalk. I could also try to use the air layering technique @Shiva's Mistress suggested to me.
View attachment 1674060

What do you think @Antonio_DutchPassion?
View attachment 1674061

I've also noticed loads of lifeforms in and around the soil. So turned on the macro function of my phone and voilla...
Here's a Gnat resting on the rim of one of the pots just before I squashed the little fugger.
View attachment 1674062

Even zoomed in closer and one can see a couple of compost mites.
View attachment 1674063

And these little buggers were awfully fast and difficult to take a decent picture of...The Fungus mite.🐛
View attachment 1674064

Oh, watching all those tutorials for cloning, I noticed I forgot the add a pair of rubber/nitril gloves. So we'll add that to the list above :thumbsup:
Wish me luck as the next time I'm posting, I will probably have taken the cuts. I'm not going to photograph the whole process as I'm learning and need to focus on my technique rather than combining the two. 🎪📷

Regards,

Best of luck with your clones Bob :goodluck:
I also love seeing the pics of all the different little critters in the soil, good and bad. Cheers buddy.

Back