Brown/Bronze spots

Django_TO

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi there. These spots are on a few of the top leaves. Htey are on soil (ligt mix biobizz), 100 wats led, getting around 1.5 ml/liter of AN ph perfect bloom a+b, and 1 ml/l of big bud and bud candy, also from AN. I have 2 oscilating fans inside (canopy and lower part of the plant) and an extractor. 80cmsx80cmsx180cms tent. I don´t have a pen to measure ppm.
The spots appeared in 48h, i believe. I saw it yesterday, and i added 1ml/l of AN sensi cal mag.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_181824.jpg
    IMG_20210509_181824.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20210509_181915.jpg
    IMG_20210509_181915.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20210509_181954.jpg
    IMG_20210509_181954.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20210509_182019.jpg
    IMG_20210509_182019.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 94
Hi there. These spots are on a few of the top leaves. Htey are on soil (ligt mix biobizz), 100 wats led, getting around 1.5 ml/liter of AN ph perfect bloom a+b, and 1 ml/l of big bud and bud candy, also from AN. I have 2 oscilating fans inside (canopy and lower part of the plant) and an extractor. 80cmsx80cmsx180cms tent. I don´t have a pen to measure ppm.
The spots appeared in 48h, i believe. I saw it yesterday, and i added 1ml/l of AN sensi cal mag.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.
Thanks
i wouldnt add any more cal mag your plant already looks very green my guess is that your feeding too hot for what the plant wants and its starting to lockout but like i say that just my gut feeling im by no means a expert
you should invest in a PH meter and E.C they are always useful

i wouldnt add any more cal mag your plant already looks very green my guess is that your feeding too hot for what the plant wants and its starting to lockout but like i say that just my gut feeling im by no means a expert
you should invest in a PH meter and E.C they are always useful
Well, do you think i should flush?
I only added cal mag because i saw a one of those lists with pics of symptoms and it looked like what i saw in the girl.
She is a northern lights, i would say around week 9. She always had a deep green colour.
Thanks

Well, do you think i should flush?
I only added cal mag because i saw a one of those lists with pics of symptoms and it looked like what i saw in the girl.
She is a northern lights, i would say around week 9. She always had a deep green colour.
Thanks
like i said im no expert i would wait for someone who deals with soil to give you that answer i just know that those brown spots are not always cause by a cal mag def there can be other factors that lead to the same problem

I am a light mix user but am a lot more conservative with feeding. Prob won't fix things, maybe reduce spread....First, I'd back up on feeding, maintain proper environ give it time.

Flushing soil is a last ditch effort. It is a regular thing when using coco. Other than that, when I see issues, pH and ppm check first, unless there is something obvious in the feeds or something... like I fed them a double dose or something.
The purple stems in addition to the spots have me leaning towards a low calcium issue. But until I had a ph reading I'd hesitate to try and make corrections. Is it too low? Or has the pH gone walkabout...

Flushing soil is a last ditch effort. It is a regular thing when using coco. Other than that, when I see issues, pH and ppm check first, unless there is something obvious in the feeds or something... like I fed them a double dose or something.
The purple stems in addition to the spots have me leaning towards a low calcium issue. But until I had a ph reading I'd hesitate to try and make corrections. Is it too low? Or has the pH gone walkabout...
I always use ph perfect nutes from an. I have no idea how i would have ph flutuations.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...panded-to-include-other-issues-as-well.43164/ i checked this again (thanks
@Waira @Mañ'O'Green and all the others). I don't think is nute burn or overfeeding. Let's keep watching.
Cheers

I always use ph perfect nutes from an. I have no idea how i would have ph flutuations.

FWIW I have only tried AN nute lines twice and had bad experiences both times. The pH shifts were crazy. I believe their marketing states that it doesn't really stabilize pH at a certain level but that it allows plants to uptake nutrients over a broader range of pH levels. I did not experience that, but there are lots of AN users so I'm sure someone will have a different opinion. HTH, IMHO, YMMV, etc.

:toke: hey Django - I'd say it sure smacks of a Ca defc., up higher like that (Ca is poorly mobile within the plant; poor/immobile defc. symptoms start on newer growth because of this)...
Nute dosage seems OK, how often though? A cumulative build-up could be in play here,...not quite to burning, but if the overall N or K inputs are getting too loaded, they can both lead to antagonistic uptake issues with Ca (see charts in the Q&D Defc. Pic Depot, in stcky section above this one)....

AN I'm not hip with much on NPK #'s, but I do know their Ca-Mg is very N rich, maybe not a good choice considering the deep color of the plant (might be normal, might be from rich N inputs; no sign of N-tox which is good at least)... Considering dosage, pending frequency info, it's hard to believe that N and K inputs are too high, so I'm leaning toward a simple lack-of type defc.. You dosed it already I see, which is fine for now but I'd look into an alternative Ca-Mg product with less N in it... Meantime watch and see if it halts or slows, might need more than 1 dose...

Back