Cali Strains

Amnesica

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Dear all,

I am posting here hoping is the correct place.

I was wondering if someone could help me to figure it out the best breeders or seedsbank with the famous/original Cali strains like:

Blue Dream
Gorilla glue
Gelato
Sour diesel
Girl scout cookies
Zkittlez
Purple punch
Runtz
Chemdawg

At the moment I could find only few things with Seedstockers, sensi seed maybe? Barney's farm??(ummm)

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Thanks

A

Mephisto has auto versions of several of those and ship worldwide
Gorilla glue=samsquatch
Gelato=iced and baked
GSC=forum stomper
Chemdawg=chemdogging

Many thanks JP1!!!
Is there any way to understand the "translation" of mephisto genetics (all) somewhere in a simple way as you mention above? Samsquanch OG was already on my list but far away to think was Gorilla glue 😒

Many thanks JP1!!!
Is there any way to understand the "translation" of mephisto genetics (all) somewhere in a simple way as you mention above? Samsquanch OG was already on my list but far away to think was Gorilla glue 😒
Sorry. It's yeti og. But they have their own site. Search for mephisto genetics

100% fastbuds they have all of the above and have really good end product.

I did enjoy the purple punch from barney's farm too although she didn't grow as elegant as the fastbuds version she was a monster and had the biggest fan leaves I have ever seen on a plant auto or photo period they were around the size of my hand a good few of them.

Fastbud is any good?
I thought they very bulk seed sellers.
The gorilla glue is very well reviewed and won also something as best auto.

Fastbuds has some decent gear.

Mephisto… well, I’m a fanboy…

BUT….
I grew up in the Bay Area, and a stoner for over 40 years now ( first toke the summer of 79’)… all of these strains you reference are cut based. Farms would start a couple hundred seeds and pick the best plant out of all (ie GG#4 was the fourth plant) and then clone. That cut gets passed around. When you make seeds from that cut, you get something close, but not identical. I have yet to run across an auto strain that mimics the photo strain correctly. Think sisters, they may be close, but they’re not the same. Some differences can be big, some small. But an auto version of Gorilla glue is not the same as GG#4 or an auto gelato being the same as a cut of the Larry Bird.

Good weed? Certainly. Some absolutely fantastic, outstanding stuff in flavor and potency, but your not going to fool someone and pass it off as the real deal to someone who has had “the real deal”.

Not saying the real deal is better here either… just not the same.

Also, I believe chemdog and Sour D came off the east coast?

Amazing comment!!!! Many thanks. Very interesting.

Actually I don't won't to go off topic, but I don't understand this of the "cuts".
And particularly the way they circulate.
When GG#4 was selected...how this move by hands? Particularly how the cut keep alive over time?
I am incredible interested on the west coast and all the work that has been done since the '70. I don't have clue, so I image militar forces, wars, hippies, farmers creating in complete illegality amazing crosses and bringing from around the world genetics.
Now. I am a bit more informed about EU and I heard from friends histories about the UK cheese and the blues which somehow both where a skunk#1 cut selected. It become the cut of cheese. This on the end of '70-'80....from London -luton squatters under the collective name exodus.
Now how on the '80 a single cut passed over an entire country? How people were sharing this?
Does those cuts ( I assume some) still exist?
Does it exist any "cut librarian" or library of all the legendary original cuts? ( Would be amazing).
Anyway. Many thanks again for the comments

Doesn't exist an history book? :)
I thought chemdog ( a seed from a festival....also a cut?) Like ruitz are a bit the bases or parents of sour diesel,NYC diesel and other strains ( purple punch?)
Would be nice to have a chat with someone how tried "the real stuff".

Back