Calling out bad Autoflower genetics/actors

You have to pay attention to the breeders info on their site. FB Gelato is listed as an XL plant. That means it will get big. Big plants take time to develop structure. I remember a time when the chief complaint was small plants, low yields….when it came to autos. Now that the breeders have worked in some longer vegging genetics to get bigger plants, well now that is the new complaint. Strain selection is important. Want fast plants, find a fast strain. Want some big freaky monster plants….well you can find autos like that too these days. What you’re not going to get is a giant plant that finishes in 60 days. Fast Buds have been around a long time on this site. Handed out lots of free seeds for grow and shows. They’re a decent company I would say. A lot of issues come from the grower not understanding how to select which strains to grow. If you want lots of fast plants, then select strains that will stay small, finish fast. You won’t get a plant like the one pictured below without 50+ days of vegging. Make a goal for your grow….(fast harvest, big yield etc) and work towards it.
View attachment 1369513
pictured….Grande Mocha in a 5x5 tent
You have to pay attention to the breeders info on their site. FB Gelato is listed as an XL plant. That means it will get big. Big plants take time to develop structure. I remember a time when the chief complaint was small plants, low yields….when it came to autos. Now that the breeders have worked in some longer vegging genetics to get bigger plants, well now that is the new complaint. Strain selection is important. Want fast plants, find a fast strain. Want some big freaky monster plants….well you can find autos like that too these days. What you’re not going to get is a giant plant that finishes in 60 days. Fast Buds have been around a long time on this site. Handed out lots of free seeds for grow and shows. They’re a decent company I would say. A lot of issues come from the grower not understanding how to select which strains to grow. If you want lots of fast plants, then select strains that will stay small, finish fast. You won’t get a plant like the one pictured below without 50+ days of vegging. Make a goal for your grow….(fast harvest, big yield etc) and work towards it.
View attachment 1369513
pictured….Grande Mocha in a 5x5 tent
I’m growing fast buds gelato auto.it came up December 16th and it still hasn’t formed buds.it’s had white hairs for a month now but nothing more.used ocean forest soil in 3 gallon pot,mars hydro ts 1000,advanced nutrition grow,bloom,micro,cal mag plus.light distance is 14inches.plant looks healthy day temps 80-82 night around 70.any input would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• C2932742-00C3-4B8E-B35B-B3D3CF012709.jpeg
    C2932742-00C3-4B8E-B35B-B3D3CF012709.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • F91CFA50-79E0-45F3-ABE2-04C61A59713E.jpeg
    F91CFA50-79E0-45F3-ABE2-04C61A59713E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
I’m growing fast buds gelato auto.it came up December 16th and it still hasn’t formed buds.it’s had white hairs for a month now but nothing more.used ocean forest soil in 3 gallon pot,mars hydro ts 1000,advanced nutrition grow,bloom,micro,cal mag plus.light distance is 14inches.plant looks healthy day temps 80-82 night around 70.any input would be greatly appreciated
My experience is you turn your lights back, fuck with it for another month or two.
And you end up with light airy buds !!!.
Thats fast buds for ya, had that happen twice.
My opinion,dont need the bashing.
Matter of fact i believe i posted about that exact plant if i remember right.
Best thing i found is just screen it all for sifted hash if your gonna keep growing it.
The only breeder ive ever had this with.
Just my opinion and experience with the two that never auto,d.
Edit. ..yeah i know it happens to all of them, and im relatively still new and learning,only been growing 7 years nonstop but ive grown from a number of different breeders and only had this happen those two times and two different strains.
Peace
Edit again,it wasnt gelato it was gorilla glue

Last edited:
I didn’t realize that this thread was still going. Dunno if I’ve ever mentioned it before, but the canna industry and mainly (mostly) the seed portion of it reminds me so much of the vaping industry back in its Wild West days. Down to the fruity, candy strain names and cute packaging. Anyone else remember those days?

Then the advocates against tobacco got involved and…think of the children! Nicotine is still tobacco! And it went further into regulation and wiped out a lot of mom and pop businesses. And then big tobacco started getting involved and buying up vendors.

fast forward to today and some places in the states can only sell “tobacco” or “menthol” e-liquid. UPS and FedEx will no longer ship vaping products and USPS had banned it too. But hey! At least vaping is more accepted!

So, what’s my point? Oh yeah. If canna goes federally legal, I see a similar path.

I didn’t realize that this thread was still going. Dunno if I’ve ever mentioned it before, but the canna industry and mainly (mostly) the seed portion of it reminds me so much of the vaping industry back in its Wild West days. Down to the fruity, candy strain names and cute packaging. Anyone else remember those days?

Then the advocates against tobacco got involved and…think of the children! Nicotine is still tobacco! And it went further into regulation and wiped out a lot of mom and pop businesses. And then big tobacco started getting involved and buying up vendors.

fast forward to today and some places in the states can only sell “tobacco” or “menthol” e-liquid. UPS and FedEx will no longer ship vaping products and USPS had banned it too. But hey! At least vaping is more accepted!

So, what’s my point? Oh yeah. If canna goes federally legal, I see a similar path.
Totally agree, Not sure that we want it legal on the federal level. Could be a big headache.

Right. If cannabis is federally legal, the feds will pick the winners and the losers like they always do. The large corporations run this country and are the reason a harmless and helpful plant is illegal anyway.

All I know is if I can turn this
gallery_73781_4410_15123.jpg

To this
med_gallery_73781_4410_85560.jpg

gallery_73781_4410_72548.jpg
gallery_73781_4410_54763.jpg
gallery_73781_4410_28709.jpg
gallery_73781_4410_28738.jpg

To these breeding myself half the time on a windowsill.
large.20200815_194034.jpg.905e44bc26fef2b40c31b160506ffbdc (1).jpg

medium.20180922_134933.jpg.595f1804dd107b4ceea4c0cf7fff7bc8.jpg
medium.20200909_162936.jpg.ad3391fff880621f0fc617392b2c7a6b.jpg
medium.Resizer_16494575407921.jpeg.39cd9d7f7aa6f447c9b51cc61ecf7881.jpeg

I don't know how half the breeders have the nerve to call themselves breeder's ripping people's hard work off and just making a mass produced junk crop.

:smoking: Hey @brock1 how ya doing mate? I didn't know you were a member here- :rofl: ... good to see you!
...a very good discussion at GG's thread over there,... :eyebrows:

Back