Calling out bad Autoflower genetics/actors

yes im with you 100%, the seed breeders claims are never ever questioned, i'd like to see them prove what you are saying with documented photographic growing evidence and not just the written bullshit they have on their glossy website, i for one do not believe most breeders claims,take seed junky, copy cat genetics, ffs all strains finish in 56 days all are 36-40% thc, yeh right, bullshit.:haha:They all claim their genetics are legendary rare genetics and also the best on the planet, they all claim this nonsense.:shrug:
Imho they are no better than me doing my own crosses,:haha: tbh, i cross this and that to make something else, all down to marketing whether they sell.:cooldance: i have been a test grower for photos seeds for a few dutch seed banks in my time, all complete bullshiteters, all the tested strains were released 'stable seeds' all feminised, from one seed bank i won't mention dutch passions name,:biggrin: lol, but from 7 x strains of 10 x seeds only 18 x were females, the rest were males or bad hermies,:shrug: not too stable imho, all phenos were soo different it was unbelievable i documented grow they were not too happy but they requested this in their terms for getting the tester beans.:yellowcard: so strainly is the only place i'd buy from ever, i'll take my chances with the odd scammer, but ya soon learn to read who is worth buying from.:bow::smoking:
uk420man

Last edited:
The problem with chemdog is the fact that there's 5 different chems from the original 12 bag seed. The short version goes like this. 4 seeds were popped in 91 resulting in the 91 and chem sis. The 91 is considered by most breeders to be the best or most potent. Then a few years later joebrand, the guy who sold the chemdog to chemdog, met back up with each other and that resulted with chem d and chem #4. Chem number 4 went around for years being confused with the 91 or passed off as the 91. From what I hear chem d and 91 are the best phenos of the bunch. There was a couple males of the 8 seeds and a couple junk phenos.

This leads me to the point of which chem was worked into an auto and was it a verified cut? The dawg part comes from jjnyc and his work making stardawg and playing with chem lines.

I really wanted to try the chemdawg from fastbuds and the stardawg. Fastbuds does have a good reputation as far as I'm concerned but I guess it depends. I think the chemdawg auto you have will be fire. I have some chem d autos that are freebies from ethos but I'm assuming will be made into a line. I'd like to get my hands on mephisto chemdogging but seems unlikely until its re released.

Also I do agree that lines should be worked and not just f1 crosses being put to market. We had this discussion briefly in a thread the other day on here. F1s are just not putting in any work imo. Thats pollen chucking not breeding. You have to actively make selections down the filial generations.
is this like the exodus cheese short version i have heard 100 different stories

is this like the exodus cheese short version i have heard 100 different stories
I find the cheese story is simple. Jim brightside give the original 18 cuts to the crow. They made 4 crosses with it. The hard part if which cross people have become they were all handed out at raves as Exodus crew cheese cut not 4 cheese crosses.
Similar with chem. The first was 91 later from a different batch of dog shit weed bag seed the other cheese were grown. That why people say chem 91 is the original.

I've never noticed a difference in seed size. I think Mephisto mentioned the lights they used on one of the seed strains awhile back? May have been Walter White? I think that was the first time I have seen a breeder mention such stuff.

But yeah, they don't mention much. I always assume that they are using 3 gal pots too, judging by their stated "seed to harvest" times.

EDIT - It's not the Walter White descriptor that mentions the lighting. Fuck if I know which one it is. I just remember it was Gavitas at a surprisingly high wattage. And something, something, biotabs? I dunno. But one of the rare instances where I saw a breeder mention the actual grow environment.
Seed size as more to do with genetics than environment im my own experience. I have strains like Short hazey day's that produced small seeds but a hybrid will produce big seeds. However if you inbreed the small pin head seeds because dominant again pretty fast. This happens regardless of how or were your make the seeds. Personally I find smaller seeds are going to give a better chance of growing a nice sativa high than a bigger seed. Just something I have noticed.

my alter ego, pop22, has grown several of Linda Seeds strains and have been quite pleased with them. My favorite are their Fat Blueberry auto and their Wedding Cake photoperiod. VERY few strains makemy regular rotation list,but they are both on it!

I haven't worked my way through this thread or your grow history but I'm interested to see how those two Chemdawgs look& the end result as they grow and harvest along side each other. I'm wondering because I'm looking at Linda Seed's home genetics which are relatively cheap and wondering how even those would compare to genetics from a reliable breeder. So far, I've heard decent things about Linda Seeds but it could be biased reviews since I've only seen very few bad reviews. We'll see! :)

That's why growing clone only strains is bullshit. Even clones express themselves differently in different environments. The chances of duplicating that "perfect"strains are pretty slim. Better off growing from regular seeds and doing your own pheno hunt. Hell even with fem seed you can find varying genetic expressions.

I'd like to see breeders put out more detailed info on how they grow their stock- kind of growing medium, nutrients, amendments, lighting, temps, RH, etc. Seems to me, if they are using straight grodan cubes, salt based nutes and mh lights, my chances of "duplicating" their results with my soil based, knf nutes and led's will be nil.

I have been growing four or five of the same plants quite often. Good genetics. I have found that rarely are they all the same, There is usually at least 2 phenos or a great difference in size. One superplant will show up or one that the buds won't get dense others sparse on the foliage.

Where did this go? Great idea, real problem. needs a concerted effort to culminate into a workable system.

I have historically been a Fast Buds fan since they were first marketed as American Autoflower. Now they release strain after strain of classic strain NAMES to the point you can't keep up. Gorilla Glue being a prime example. My first grow was amazing smoke, great yield, beautiful frosted , greasy As close to a "real 10" as I've ever grown going back over four decades.
I counted on that for my patients.
The strain changed. Over several grows & seed orders the strain went to total shit- loose buds, no frost, piss poor yield, almost embarrassed to give it away.
Not to berate Fast Buds alone. But I've had similar problems with multiple strains from them, and from other breeders as well. Many strains are just not stable over subsequent seed batches.
Memphisto Seeds is a class act. Read their breeder descriptions, for example, of Skywalker. I grew this recently, poor yield, wispy plant but good smoke. Guess what? In their strain description they declare it's a low yielder. I actually outdid their suggested yield weight, but I expect that all the time. If I'm growing for personal consumption & variety to avoid developing tolerance to the strain, I can happily live with that. But I grow to donate product to needful patients. In an illegal state where I can't just grow more plants to make up for poor yields. So while I can honestly recommend others grow Skywalker, I won't be growing that strain again as I need better yield to service my patients.
But kudos to Memphisto for describing their breeding method, and for accurately describing the strain. They lead by example.
I'd love to regain trust in Fast Buds but I'm afraid that trust will have to be earned. I'll try more strains from them, but no longer exclusive to them.

Can we get this idea off the ground again? I'm glad to help & I have the time, knowledge & resources to help. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Where did this go? Great idea, real problem. needs a concerted effort to culminate into a workable system.

I have historically been a Fast Buds fan since they were first marketed as American Autoflower. Now they release strain after strain of classic strain NAMES to the point you can't keep up. Gorilla Glue being a prime example. My first grow was amazing smoke, great yield, beautiful frosted , greasy As close to a "real 10" as I've ever grown going back over four decades.
I counted on that for my patients.
The strain changed. Over several grows & seed orders the strain went to total shit- loose buds, no frost, piss poor yield, almost embarrassed to give it away.
Not to berate Fast Buds alone. But I've had similar problems with multiple strains from them, and from other breeders as well. Many strains are just not stable over subsequent seed batches.
Memphisto Seeds is a class act. Read their breeder descriptions, for example, of Skywalker. I grew this recently, poor yield, wispy plant but good smoke. Guess what? In their strain description they declare it's a low yielder. If I'm growing for personal consumption & variety to avoid developing resistance, I can live with that. But I grow to donate product to needful patients. In an illegal state where I can't just grow more plants to make up for poor yields. So while I can honestly recommend others grow Skywalker, I won't be growing that strain again as I need better yield to service my patients.
But kudos to Memphisto for describing their breeding method, and for accurately describing the strain. They lead by example.
I'd love to regain trust in Fast Buds but I'm afraid that trust will have to be earned. I'll try more strains from them, but no longer exclusive to them.

Can we get this idea off the ground again? I'm glad to help & I have the time, knowledge & resources to help. Fingers crossed.
I don't see any reason this should be the case anymore. I would be shocked to find out that the major breeders aren't taking advantage of cryopreservation techniques to maintain specific autoflower "clones."

Also FWIW, I've found that Fastbuds gear are much more cold tolerant than the Mephisto strains I've grown and less likely to stunt. Possibly because they're based on Lowryder instead of ruderalis (and I've read that Lowryder isn't ruderalis).

In the tent, Mephisto is great. But many of us want or need to grow outside. Strains that stunt if everything isn't perfect aren't worth taking the risk on, especially at the exorbitant cost of seeds.

I welcome the new companies entering the autoflower space. I think competition for the big players will reduce prices and improve genetics but we'll see..

Last edited:
As far as strain name and new strain hype, that's just part of the industry and partly our fault. When new strains are released and people can just self them to create a lifetime of seeds, or cross them to something else for resale, breeders really don't have other options if they want to stay in business.

The other option is to copyright genetics and that's coming (just like with Unix, big business is going to steal everything those greedy fuckers can steal). Then we'll be stuck with a few crappy, ultraproductive strains that look great on the shelf but are only smokable by novices who've never experienced good weed.

Back