Grow Mediums Changing to coco coir!!!! This good brand???

Those prices are ridiculous! I buy 11lb block/bail of compressed coco then hydrate it with about 5 gallons of warm water. This fills a 18 gallon tote three fourths to 100% full. When on sale @ amazon for $15 is a good time to buy.

Those prices are ridiculous! I buy 11lb block/bail of compressed coco then hydrate it with about 5 gallons of warm water. This fills a 18 gallon tote three fourths to 100% full. When on sale @ amazon for $15 is a good time to buy.
I just got home from buying two 3.8 cu ft bales of HP promix for 95$ oh well not to bad I think ...

I just got home from buying two 3.8 cu ft bales of HP promix for 95$ oh well not to bad I think ...
Promix is good stuff, I have grown quite a few nice crops in it. It should work pretty well for a SIP, but you might need to add a little additional perlite to optimize it for a SIP. Autopots recommends using a 50/50 mix of grow medium/drainage substrate and that is the rule I have always gone by for SIP containers with good success. I think Promix HP has 30 or 40% perlite out of the bag (I didn’t google it, just going from memory), so you probably don’t need to add much.

I love SIP grows!

Good luck!

Back