Cloning Autoflowers

I wish we had a scientific answer to this. We're all playing pinata in the dark with this lol. I've often wondered if there is a hormone or hormonal suppressant that would stop the clock so to speak. From what I've seen, cloning is most successful on autos that take longer to enter flowering. I've not played with this much so my personal knowledge is limited.

TC would probably have the closest answer but I haven't found any work with autos. They can be cloned but that seems redundant.

According to Mdanzig's son (Mdanzig was an auto breeder,) there's specific set of genes that controls autoflowering in cannabis plants. He's actually asked about advertising (the son) his genetics on AFN, maybe we could see if we could pick his brain (and by pick, I mean full blown lobotomy!)

According to Mdanzig's son (Mdanzig was an auto breeder,) there's specific set of genes that controls autoflowering in cannabis plants. He's actually asked about advertising (the son) his genetics on AFN, maybe we could see if we could pick his brain (and by pick, I mean full blown lobotomy!)
I’m on that...... ..That same gene that deals with the FT locus and the Florigen is the one that helps signal flowering ......I got tons of stuff that my biology teacher gave me as she’s a botanist too....

I’m on that...... ..That same gene that deals with the FT locus and the Florigen is the one that helps signal flowering ......I got tons of stuff that my biology teacher gave me as she’s a botanist too....

Isn't florigen considered hypothetical?

Isn't florigen considered hypothetical?
Si senor.......But the more tests being done on it the more it seems like it’s going on that’s why I said look up “flowering locus”

Mdanzig had some good looking stuff in the early days. I'd be curious to see what the family is doing now
If I remember correctly He was THE Man in Autos for a few minutes.

Not for any reason but just to try it, I did make an Auto cutting once, took the lowest trash branch, dipped in clonex, and put it right into a rapid rooter plug and planted it immediately in a solo cup. It did grow fine, but was just a goofy lil lolipop. Maybe like 4 grams haha. So totally I saw that it can technically work.

But yeah that life cycle timer.... mine was well into flower so of course the countdown clock had well started. Can make an interesting decoration for a windowsill or the kitchen haha. I can believe that long veg principle though of working them before they start flowering and keep LST'ing. I can totally believe that as reasonable.

I have wondered if leaf tissue culture from say a 7-10 day old seedling might work. I'd love to see some one test that idea, it migh be the key to cloning autos. I've a theory ( and that's all it is ) that the "death clock" my not actually start until pre-flower. Or at least, until it reaches maturity. But a week old seedling could be turned into hundreds of clones using leaf tissue even from the first true leaves.

I have wondered if leaf tissue culture from say a 7-10 day old seedling might work. I'd love to see some one test that idea, it migh be the key to cloning autos. I've a theory ( and that's all it is ) that the "death clock" my not actually start until pre-flower. Or at least, until it reaches maturity. But a week old seedling could be turned into hundreds of clones using leaf tissue even from the first true leaves.

The problem with that is "who has an environment suitable for tissue cloning." Most commercial grows likely wouldn't even be able to accommodate this without spending a chunk of coin. And for joe-home-grower? Even less so.

What we need is someone on here who happens to have a lab in their basement. Bonus points if your name is Dexter.

Back