Coco coir Brick and FF calmag 😁

_~JAB~_

Qualified Live Stoner
Reaction score
I have both of these available.. can I buffer with the FF calmag and if so what's the best way to do it? I want to do it this way because it's free as I already have both and I want to see what growing in coco is like rather soil with a small batch before I go buying buffered coco and all that. I have perlite as well just need to fill a 5 gallon fabric pot is all I'm doing.

I grow in coco. I never trust the coco. What I do is rehydrate and run some water through it and check the ppms. If it's over 350 I flush it until it gets below. Soak for 24 hours in 350ppm 5.5ph calmag. Then for 24 hours in 350ppm ferts 5.8ph. Then let warm up and dry in tent for 24 hours and direct plant seed :pass:

I grow in coco. I never trust the coco. What I do is rehydrate and run some water through it and check the ppms. If it's over 350 I flush it until it gets below. Soak for 24 hours in 350ppm 5.5ph calmag. Then for 24 hours in 350ppm ferts 5.8ph. Then let warm up and dry in tent for 24 hours and direct plant seed :pass:
Ok the brick I have is not buffered at all. What nutes do you use?

Back