Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies Auto outdoor/grow/smoke med report

I always like to follow up on smoke review once or twice once the jar cure kicks in...here we are at 30 days, and I don't know this strains will last another month it smells so fine in the jar!! A VERY appealing sweet chocolate smell, with a just a hint of fruit...wow..sickly sweet!! 9/10 was certainly a well deserved rating!! I don't know if chocolate is typical as this scent, but now, wow I want more! Hahahahaha

I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, then I found this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Colorado Cookies Auto

Did it autoflower?: Yes she did around day 22

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP, finished in native ground soil.

Transplant: Standard transplant at day 26

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, AN Big Bud, AN Overdrive, AN Sensizym, AN Cal/mag Xtra, AN Nirvana, AN B-52 Foxfarm Cha-ching, AN Flawless Finish

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 26. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st.

From seed to harvest date: 72 days

Dry Yield: 70g

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 8/10 Two small specks of mold started right at the end on the main cola. Lost almost nothing. Not bad at all considering Humidity was 60-70% on the average throughout mid-end flower.

Insect Resistance 9/10 I had no problems with the regular insects rainbow leafhoppers, but I noticed when trimmed there was a bit of Whitefly residue on the main stalk. Minimal problems

Bud to leaf ratio 6/10 For a pure indica, the bud ratio was pretty decent, but overall she was a leafy girl.

Bud Density 6/10 I was hoping for a little more density. Not bad, but not great.

Tolerance to Nutrients 7/10 She was a bit sensitive earlier on in her life,

Tolerance to Wind 11/10 Yes that's an 11 rating...haha...seriously very rigid and fibrous stalks.

Trichome Production 10/10 Seriously this strain has intense or trichome production. Its rivals almost every photo strain I have ever grown, and has more crystal than most photos.

Ease of Training 6/10 I was sooo nervous tying the main stalk back to take full advantage of the passing sun. Very rigid stalk, but on the flipside its a tough fibrous stalk.

Scent quality 9/10 When growing it didn't have an intense odour, but up close the odour was very favourable. Early on the scent was undeniable in growth, with a sweet chocolate smell. The smell faded and was taken over by the light citrus odour in mid flower. Now that the bud has cured I am excited to say the chocolate smell has returned once again and it is mixed with a light fruit smell. Very nice, sweet and unique

General ease of growing 6/10 She was a bit nute sensitive and not too tolerant to cold. Minimal mold problems.

Overall Recomendation as an outdoor plant 6/10 Due to nute sensitivity, minimal tolerance to cold, and a bit of bud rot(external mold) at the end, I believe 6/10 is a fair overall outdoor rating

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 6/10 - My migranes have never been helped through weed, but this strain does not make it worse. It does put you in a pretty good frame of mind, which is a decent distraction from the migrane.

Muscle tension/spasms 8/10 Nice body relaxation effect that works well on my muscle spasms and muscle tension.

Severe Chronic Pain 6/10 Decent pain relief. Please note that I have never had a 10/10 due to severity of spinal pain in upper spine. The best relief I have found I rated at 7/10, so 6/10 is a solid rating.

Anxiety/Depression 8/10 This pot puts me in a good place mentally. Not a super happy place, but its a nice positive mental effect.

High Effect 8 /10 A really nice indica dominant effect that targets the body, but also a fairly strong head stone. A nice, but quite strong mixed effect.

High Duration 7/10 If I hammer down three 5 minute bags from the vapourizer, or a nice sized joint, I don't need anymore for a good few hours. Around 2-2.5 duration.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 7.1/10 (average of all medical ratings)

Thoughts: Really a sound smoke, with unique smells and tastes. If I was seeking a sweet smelling indica this strain would be up there with top choice, even for outdoor.

Nice main cola dominant plant structure. Side branches were well developed:
View attachment 607983

Quite a nice main cola on this plant!
View attachment 607984

Dry and trimmed CC sure is a nice looking outdoor bud!
View attachment 607982
Did you notice any advantages by upgrading to Connosseur?

Did you notice any advantages by upgrading to Connosseur?

Hmm good question...but one I cannot really answer. The season before I ran Sensibloom and some additives, but the location was not nearly as good as the chosen location this season. Buying from the place I buy from, AN conno is the same price as the Sensibloom when buying a gallon, so I figured I would give it a shot. Hell of a fertilizer for sure, especially with a few additives. Not too many out there have cracked a half pound off an outdoor auto(AU).

Hmm good question...but one I cannot really answer. The season before I ran Sensibloom and some additives, but the location was not nearly as good as the chosen location this season. Buying from the place I buy from, AN conno is the same price as the Sensibloom when buying a gallon, so I figured I would give it a shot. Hell of a fertilizer for sure, especially with a few additives. Not too many out there have cracked a half pound off an outdoor auto(AU).
I am testing products and containers on 6 FastBuds Green Crack, with different results. Since I work with plants grown from seed, I am not sure how to interprent the data. I felt quite sure that groups of three plants would be enough to do some simple statistics, but people more knowledgable than me, don't trust tests done on seed plants.
If you have the time and interest, have a look at msg nos. 800 and 818.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/dr-babniks-botanical-garden-my-afn-news-journal.53450/page-82

There are still 8 weeks to I can draw my first conclusions. However, I will feed my seedlings Big the first 3 weeks, then phase in Sensi, coz my seedlings grew best on Big nutes.

I have just cracked my first photo seeds. When/if I establish mothers, the test can be properly done with clones. Have you grown photos? I search for knowledge and advice everywhere.

Here is the Potpros thread on my photos...all inputs are very welcome.
http://www.potpros.net/forums/threa...n-landrace-and-sensi-star.55205/#post-1199853

I am testing products and containers on 6 FastBuds Green Crack, with different results. Since I work with plants grown from seed, I am not sure how to interprent the data. I felt quite sure that groups of three plants would be enough to do some simple statistics, but people more knowledgable than me, don't trust tests done on seed plants.
If you have the time and interest, have a look at msg nos. 800 and 818.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/dr-babniks-botanical-garden-my-afn-news-journal.53450/page-82

There are still 8 weeks to I can draw my first conclusions. However, I will feed my seedlings Big the first 3 weeks, then phase in Sensi, coz my seedlings grew best on Big nutes.

I have just cracked my first photo seeds. When/if I establish mothers, the test can be properly done with clones. Have you grown photos? I search for knowledge and advice everywhere.

Here is the Potpros thread on my photos...all inputs are very welcome.
http://www.potpros.net/forums/threa...n-landrace-and-sensi-star.55205/#post-1199853

Hey...sorry but I am super short on time right now due to fall harvest. I do agree with the seed statement. Cloned plants are replications of the mother plant, so a stabilized test is definitely better using clones from a photo plant. Photoperiod plants is what I have grown for over 2 decades. Only a few years ago did I delve into autoflowering plants. When I have more time I will stop by your thread.

Hey...sorry but I am super short on time right now due to fall harvest. I do agree with the seed statement. Cloned plants are replications of the mother plant, so a stabilized test is definitely better using clones from a photo plant. Photoperiod plants is what I have grown for over 2 decades. Only a few years ago did I delve into autoflowering plants. When I have more time I will stop by your thread.
Oh...do you have journals on photo grows?
I would like to learn from you.

Oh...do you have journals on photo grows?
I would like to learn from you.
Sure does ol 912 grows awesome plants,trains em to the max also ,years of experience.

Back