Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

And will be interesting to see if can use this with foliar feeding.
Jeremy made the comment that they have used it as a foliage spray but it tends to leave a film or residue on the Leaves. I just wait for it to dry and then spray it with some plain water..

Last edited:
Here's something that I want to test on my next auto grow.

I think I'm going to select some known short indicas and place them in my 2X4 tent with the far red.

I'm not gonna turn on the far red until it gets past that Spindly seedling stage, but after that it's gonna be on 18/6 with the main light. And I'm gonna run it like that up until about two weeks before chop.

Naturally if I see too much elongation I'll pull it back.

I think one that is a pretty good candidate that I've grown a couple of times and know the structure very well is Sour Stomper. Now there are two phenos and I think I've got the purple one both times. The green one is a bit larger from my understanding. I know her basic structure very well and her bud structure.

I think the only difference would be running them in Earth box juniors. I've never ran sour stomper in anything other than a three gallon rain science bag. And then I'll probably want the top her and train her.

I think I still should be able to derive a conclusion on how the deep red affected Sour Stomper.

The point of that this post is that, one of the biggest things that a lot of growers come up against is stunting. We all know that you really do have to have your stuff Together to be a pretty good grower of auto flowers. Stuff happens and we just don't have the stars aligned quite as well as we thought we did! I'm just thinking this may be one way of helping to avoid or reduce stunting problems early on.

I'm still going to do that testing of the deep red in this upcoming grow with one known photo girl. I think I'm gonna run it same cycle as the main and justice leave it out two weeks before chop. Should be a good test run for the autos.

No! Still no planting update!:face:

I've been meaning to post what I finally did with my worm bin.

I checked it a few days later after adding the fresh set up on top with all the food to get the worms come in. I really didn't like the process so I took a bunch of worms from the bottom and put them on top. As saying before there were some really big clumps of worms underneath the avocado, or what was left of them.

I did notice two things in the bottom tray.

The first thing that caught my eye was how much the top had dried out. Normally I keep newspaper or some brown paper layered to keep the moisture intact on top over all the food and everything.

The second thing that I noticed was that I didn't really particularly care for the quality/amount of castings present.

So this led me to do the following: So I went ahead and laid out some fresh feed for the worms in the bottom tray and water everything in quite thoroughly. This will give the worms in the bottom tray to finish everything up and maybe make some more worms while they're at it.

And to be honest, I guess that's really how I harvested my first batch from using this indoor worm bin. I did have plenty of food mixed in my media and on top. When I put the new bin on top the very first time, I just let the worms migrate upwards Into the fresh media and food on their own through the little pathways. And I let it sit so long, only because it wasn't going to be used. And I guess it took the worms that long to finish that off out . That first harvest of castings was very good quality.

Anyway, that's how I'm running this two tiered indoor worm bin. The worm bins I had at the farm were half buried clawfoot bath tubs. Basics are the same. You just run them a bit different.

Well, I've been hard at work reorganizing my grow room.
The only thing that has not changed is my 4x4 tent.I have finally moved my worm bin to behind the 4x4 tent. I have had it in a corner of the living room!
:biggrin:
:crying:

With the new method I'm using in the worm bin as explained in a post above, those worms are going absolutely crazy with their eating and their making of more baby worms! I also have been feeding the worms that were still in the EWC I harvested. I had to start doing that with all the cocoons beginning to hatch and there were lots and lots of baby worms. I will use this EWC when I pot up all my Earth box juniors.
This will be the first time that I have used earthworms in a significant amount in Earth boxes. I had used it previously outdoors, but the summer temperatures here are just too high to keep them alive, despite any insulating hay I added. I think they'll make a significant improvement indoors. I will do my cooking a bit different than previous grows with the worms being present. Since I do my cooking in totes outdoors, I will take a small portion of it in a smaller tote and keep it on top of the earthworm bin. Normally I add my amendments and set it up to start cooking. In the Cooking process, the temperature does increase and the worms just cannot survive that temperature. What I plan to do with the small tote is just let the worms eat up the vast root system that will be in the media. There will be significant enough topdressings that are uneaten leftover to amend the media without additional amendments added. With the worms working on the root system and the remaining top dressings, everything should be more available to the plant than before. This will give me a nutritional balanced Base media to start the next grow and will have worms already in it. This will give me a perfect opportunity to test this method side by side with traditionally cooked media with both pots being potted up and top dressed identically at the time of pot up. I really don't think that Tote will heat up, but it is very possible it could .
Gone from the grow room is the Mars 2.3x 2.3 tent and it was replaced with a Gorilla 3x3 tent that was on sale and VERY affordable. The increase in floor space will be helpful as well as the additional height. This will also allow me to run my two small lights in this tent. Both the HLG 200R And the Mars Hydro TS1000 Fit quite nicely and is a total of 350 watts in a three by three space. I can use it as a production tent or just use one light and become a clone and mom tent.
In that I tent I also added the AC Infinity 4 inch smart exhaust fan with 69 controller. I have the controller set up to control the light schedule of both lights along with the exhaust fan.

With this larger tent I had to do quite a bit of rearranging. With the additional equipment and rearranging, I had to do load testing on the circuits in that room and makes the appropriate changes.

I also purchased AC Infinity CLOUDFORGE T7, Environmental Plant Humidifier, 15L. This should give a more accurate control over the humidity in my grow room and give me a longer runtime before filling.

Another addition to the grow room is an AC Infinity CO2 controller. I'm not going to use the CO2 to push the plants, just to supplement the CO2. I think the only changes to the environment of the brew room will be higher temperatures during veg to help with the microbial activity, which I think is Significant in an organic grow. I think I will probably begin to reduce the temperature, probably about mid-flower to maintain my terps.

In the Mars hydro 2X4 tent, I have added Mars hydro deep red supplemental light. On this first run I will be selecting indicas or indica leaning girls. What I'm hoping to do is elongate the colas to help make a less fat cola, but hopefully at least the same amount of flower, but hopefully more with the longer node spacing from the additional red light.

Both the 20 gallon Grassroots Living Earth pots are growing quite well with a very pretty cover crop going. Both will get hit with Rootwise When I use that to hydrate the new pucks I'm using for seed sprouting.......... Coco Coin - Rooting Pucks by Char Coir. I'll also be using them in making clones.

The Earthbox Jr media that is cooking in a tote is finished. I will also use the root wise to inoculate and bring up the media to the proper moisture level just before potting up.

The only significant change to my plans for this grow is growing a couple or three Sour Stompers in the new Grassroots Living Earth 3gal pots. With this longer delay between Grows, I'm going to see if I can pull off finishing out the Stompers Along with these photo girls to have some flower before the photo girls are done. This is the shortest auto I have and just happen to have quite a bit of seeds that I made myself. I do expect better results just from the changeover from the Rain Science bags. If I can raise them up high enough to keep the DLI where I want it, I should have pretty good results . It will be an interesting experiment.

I'm hoping to start to grow in the next few days. The physical therapy has been quite physically demanding and has been taking its toll in dealing with the pain resulting. I'm also hoping for a warm up outside so that the root wise I add to the tote will be a bit more effective with the higher temperatures when I inoculate the tote.

I'm definitely excited for this next grow with all the different things I've added in what I plan on doing. It should be very interesting grow in several aspects!

I hope everyone had a fine 420!

I did a quick little PAR test in the new gorilla 3x3 tent. I currently have both lights to just about the maximum height. I have the ac Infinity Controller running both lights. HLG is on the controllable outlet and the Mars is on the resistor adapter.
It really is kind of real easy to see the difference in 50 watts makes in these small lights. Pretty dramatic. Both at full blast...... 350 watts........... and my sensor at the very bottom of the tent was around 280ppfd and was pretty solidly even in across the entire floor of the tent. That's in the neighborhood of 6 1/2ft and still getting that much of a ppfd!

If used for production, that little combo can make some bud....... I think!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:
I think I'm gonna push those Stompers!

Thanks @Bob's Auto's
I think if I have one more round of visits and I can accomplish what I had attended, getting a stronger core. I can tell the difference and I have made significant progress, but it's been a hard row to hoe! I have been pushing pretty hard. This definitely isn't my first round of physical therapy! I've been fighting this since the mid 80s. You have to put something in to get something out! I had a very strong incentive to put everything into my first round of physical therapy when I first got hurt. They had me on a ward with multiple amputees, paraplegic and quadriplegics. It was just a horrible place to be in. Really depressing. I was having to relearn how to walk come but I knew I was eventually going to walk out. A lot of those guys wouldn't. Even though they cheered me on I still felt bad. That's kind of like Survivor Guilt a little bit.

My therapist constantly comments on my efforts. I tell him I'm pushing it, but I'm trying to walk that line and not hurt myself. I do have to admit though that I do have the absolute best therapist in the woman that supervises them come I can't remember what medical qualification she has, But it is the best I have ever had presented to me. That's including the military hospital where I did have quite excellent physical therapy but this is quite a bit different.

I did a quick little PAR test in the new gorilla 3x3 tent. I currently have both lights to just about the maximum height. I have the ac Infinity Controller running both lights. HLG is on the controllable outlet and the Mars is on the resistor adapter.
It really is kind of real easy to see the difference in 50 watts makes in these small lights. Pretty dramatic. Both at full blast...... 350 watts........... and my sensor at the very bottom of the tent was around 280ppfd and was pretty solidly even in across the entire floor of the tent. That's in the neighborhood of 6 1/2ft and still getting that much of a ppfd!

If used for production, that little combo can make some bud....... I think!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:
I think I'm gonna push those Stompers!

Thanks @Bob's Auto's
I think if I have one more round of visits and I can accomplish what I had attended, getting a stronger core. I can tell the difference and I have made significant progress, but it's been a hard row to hoe! I have been pushing pretty hard. This definitely isn't my first round of physical therapy! I've been fighting this since the mid 80s. You have to put something in to get something out! I had a very strong incentive to put everything into my first round of physical therapy when I first got hurt. They had me on a ward with multiple amputees, paraplegic and quadriplegics. It was just a horrible place to be in. Really depressing. I was having to relearn how to walk come but I knew I was eventually going to walk out. A lot of those guys wouldn't. Even though they cheered me on I still felt bad. That's kind of like Survivor Guilt a little bit.

My therapist constantly comments on my efforts. I tell him I'm pushing it, but I'm trying to walk that line and not hurt myself. I do have to admit though that I do have the absolute best therapist in the woman that supervises them come I can't remember what medical qualification she has, But it is the best I have ever had presented to me. That's including the military hospital where I did have quite excellent physical therapy but this is quite a bit different.
One step at a time brother! ♥

Living cover crop in the 20 gallon Grassroots Living Earth bags has absolutely gone ballistic in a week's time!
IMG_20240425_102754671_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240425_102805459.jpg

I'm currently ruining a heat test and trying to dial in the temperatures. With CO2 augmentation, I will be running higher temperatures in Veg and thru stretch. Roughly two weeks left before harvest, at that time I will be pulling back on the environment............. Lowering temps, ppfd, DLI and backing off the VPD. In each tent, it's going to be pretty much a compromise with multiple strains I'll be running, but what else is new.
To the 4 X4 tent, I added back the 4 inch hose that was directed at the light and driver. This made for a more stable and even air flow. I haven't ran a full blast light test yet in the new 3x3 tent but I suspect the two 4 inch hoses that will be at the bottom will suffice. The ends will be covered by two layer paint filter, the same stuff that I put my compost and worm castings in when I'm making tea. I keep them on with a small hair band.
With the final two smart outlet coming in today, I now can do a full complete electrical and heat load run on the entire grow room. My heat load are not gonna change really that much. I just need to make sure my electrical loads are separated correctly between the circuits.

I'll probably start a compost tea late this afternoon or tonight and hit it in the last two or three hours with a dose of Root wise and then bring up my media in the tote to the proper moisture level I'll throw in some wettable mycorrhizae. They'll give me a couple of days to finish up all my tests that I'm trying to get done and get everything fully adjusted.

Once that's done all the earthbox juniors will get potted up, top dressed with the beginnings of the nutrient mound, Wet the nutrient mound and throw a bit of Bokashi on top and then place the unsplit cover over the Earthboxes.
I'll be using both my new propagating dome and the new BAS pucks I'm trying. I'll just soak them in a root wise mixture and then plant my seeds in that with no soak. I'm just going to give them a couple of days in the dome and then they get planted.

I'm hoping to drop seeds Sunday.

Back