Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

Well all that is left is to separate the seeds from a little bit of trash leftover.
The left pile is from the little one and the right is from the bigger. There is a definite trend for the little one to be lighter seeds, but they are still for the majority nice and fat.

Both girls were pollinated by the same male. Just from the size of some of the seas in the smaller female, tells me there was a little bit of maturity issues in some of the seeds, but I tend to believe the lighter colorization is just a pheno expression. Even with the darker beans there's not the same amount of darker mottling.
Just for simplicity I think I'm just going to combine the two seeds. There is a enough difference for me to generally get it right picking one seed or the other when I decide to plant.
What do you guys think?View attachment 1670209
The speckled seeds on the R will likely have excellent germ rates. I expect L will be 50percent, or better. Allow them to air dry for a week or so after separating the plant material a bit more and into the freezer. Good for years. Great work.

Well, I'm pretty sure it was quite a bit more than 300!
:eyebrows:

I did count out 100! I looked at how much I had left and I just called it good!
:crying:

it wouldn't surprise me if I had 500+
I put a label on a medicine bottle and filled it up. That little bottle had a bit of a heft to it.

I can pretty much for sure tell the difference between the two pheno's on the vast majority of the seeds. I'm fairly sure that the male was a more olive color and I'm also fairly sure that the bigger female was also in olive. That may be where the distinction comes from, because I think the smaller female was not an olive pheno. That would definitely be nice if one colored seed has more olive phenos pop up.

The speckled seeds on the R will likely have excellent germ rates. I expect L will be 50percent, or better. Allow them to air dry for a week or so after separating the plant material a bit more and into the freezer. Good for years. Great work.
I put the seeds in the medicine bottle and with the desiccant. Those girls were sitting out in my drying room for quite a long time. I'm pretty sure they're good without an additional drying period.

I might have lucked out and got two olives pollinated! Like I said in the previous post, I can pick out the seeds from each girl with pretty much one hundred percent 100% success. I'm definitely gonna keep track of it . And when I grow these again. I'll probably try to do some more olive to olive playtime! :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Okay you organic geeks! BAS has come out and sourced a new killer product!
:face:
:haha:

I like the availability of calcium with this product and None the bad sides of other sources of calcium.
Throw in some aminos with the application........
:headbang:

I think there's also good ethical and risk of heavy metals reasons for using this product too. Most bone meal comes from cattle and most cattle are not raised the way I raised them. Even Fishbone has downsides of heavy metals being possible.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to get some. Get the small size first. Off the top of my head at the moment I can't remember what product it was but I had a bit of clumping in the product way too soon I think it was their coconut water. I had to put it in a plastic bag. It still dissolved perfectly fine.

Well, I did do something grow related today. :face::haha:

I harvested a section of my worm bin that has been sitting for quite a while. He still had quite a few worms in it, but they were very lethargic. I'm gonna do my best to potter up everything in the next few days, so I don't think I will sort those worms out. This will mean I will probably have some worms in some Earth box juniors. I've never done that just for the hassle of harvesting them at the end.

I got about two thirds of a 5 gallon bucket of nice dense dark material!

So I put the top section on the bottom and made up a top section with fresh coco, Place it on top of where the worms are and sink it into the material so they have their little pathways to go to the new section and a nice big layer of food, intermingled with shredded paper. I put out the store bought grain feed And my frozen concoction that I made from some fresh bananas, avocados, the biomass from making FFJ and the worked material from dry ice shake and infusions. I also kind of heavily salted it with volcanic tuft to help me worms breakdown. Not only does that help their digestion but through the process they could just make a little bit of that silica available.

This time I didn't take up the old leftover food. Basically because there was none other than some avocado shells. Normally I would take up any remaining food items and place it on the top section. I may have to go back in there and remove the avocado hulls, if the worms are not migrating upwards. I did have a literal handful, and I have big hands, of worms from underneath one avocado. I should have went ahead and transferred all of them up to the top section, but I didn't.

Here is the top before I thoroughly wetted it down.
IMG_20240324_140703612.jpg

So the next step is to put newspaper on top of all that. I have several layers and I wet them down as I go. Any news print is good as long as it is not slick is a good rule of thumb to go by. I get several layers I'll wetted down And then I trim up a pizza box for the final cover. I wear it down thoroughly also and we'll have to go back every day for a bit to get it thoroughly wetted.

I'll check it for worms in the top section in about 4 or 5 days I should see some activity. It really is kind of amazing how they can find the new food.

Best thing about this is it'll kick me in gear to get the grow going come because I'm not going to waste those worms.:face::haha:

It's just that my pain levels here recently with the physical therapy and it's not letting me have much motivation to get in there to the grow room and do what needs to be done. I'm kind of getting tired of that crap!

Okay you organic geeks! BAS has come out and sourced a new killer product!
:face:

I like the availability of calcium with this product and None the bad sides of other sources of calcium.
Throw in some aminos with the application........

I think there's also good ethical and risk of heavy metals reasons for using this product too. Most bone meal comes from cattle and most cattle are not raised the way I raised them. Even Fishbone has downsides of heavy metals being possible.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to get some. Get the small size first. Off the top of my head at the moment I can't remember what product it was but I had a bit of clumping in the product way too soon I think it was their coconut water. I had to put it in a plastic bag. It still dissolved perfectly fine.
So is this a soluble powder to be added to any feed water or a (slower-release?) soil amendment added to soil?

So is this a soluble powder to be added to any feed water or a (slower-release?) soil amendment added to soil?
Jeremy stated that they're still refining and trying to nail down the exact usage procedures, but I would probably use it in my water since it is fully soluble supposedly.
To be honest with you I don't see why you couldn't mix the appropriate amount with a top dressing along with the other ingredients in the top dressing.

Jeremy stated that they're still refining and trying to nail down the exact usage procedures, but I would probably use it in my water since it is fully soluble supposedly.
To be honest with you I don't see why you couldn't mix the appropriate amount with a top dressing along with the other ingredients in the top dressing.
And will be interesting to see if can use this with foliar feeding.

Back