Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

Today I'm trying to determine if I'm going to keep with the original plan or slightly modify it for the 4 X 4 tent.

I really wasn't happy with the way I did the top dressing after the last grow. I mixed all my ingredients together then applied it. I should have added some sort of aeration at the time. By mixing everything together, The structure was just too dense and was not going to help with oxygen reaching down into the pot.

So I took off that layer and put into a separate tote. I also took all the vegetative matter off and put it in one of the bins outside to cook down at a later time .

So if I keep with the same plan, I'll take a little bit more of the media out of the 20 gallon pots to be able to add the top dressing along with straw and other stuff. Once I transplant the seedlings and let it get established approximately 14 days, I'll go ahead and add a thin layer of top dressing and also plant my cover crop at the same time and then put straw on top a light layer.

Now I have been thinking about an alternative method that won't alter plant count. Instead of the two 20 gallon pots I would substitute Regular Earthboxes. It's been quite a while since I've ran Regular Earthboxes. This would also give me the opportunity, if I choose to do so, to run the modified media separator with wicking areas from a media separator for a junior plastic welded into place . Not that important with photos, this would help autos get established a bit quicker with the wicking areas. It might be kind of interesting to see a side by side test.
That's not a big departure from the original plans. If I get the Tray2Grow bed set up, I was gonna do away with those 20 gallon pots anyway. They would be put away for when I'm able to do outdoor grows.

Now off the top of my head I don't know if I have enough, but another option would be to run 6 juniors in the 4X4 tent. ................................. I just checked I only have a total of 6.

I think after Mulling everything around and checking the fitment of the juniors in the 4x4 tent with the 20 gallon bags in there, I think I'm going to run with two juniors in the tent with the 20 gallon bags. This will still leave me enough room to put two or three 3 gallon bags in the center of everything. I think that would be the perfect place to let the clones that I have fertilized mature their seeds there.

I've been thinking about adding some Supplemental light to my 2X4 tent with the Morris Hydro SP 3000.
I still love the hell out of that light and it does produce quite good buds. I do think the spectrum that it produces is quite good for plant structure and Bud structure alike. Plant structure is not overly squatty and Bud structure is generally pretty tight and very frosty.

I really don't think I need infrared to wake up and put my girls to sleep. Since I'm happy with the structure of the plant itself, I don't think far red is needed. Therefore I think the best supplemental light would be some UV.

A video from Bill Ward just popped up in my feed talking about Mars Hydro new supplemental light setups.
for ease of timing, I think I'm gonna get a smart plug and use my AC Infinity Smart controller to control this.
I think 30 watts is plenty for a 2x4 tent.

And I'm also thinking about in the 4 by 4 tent to get a smart plug and run the HLG UV bar a little different than I am currently.
I think once in Flower, I'll have it set to run 5 minutes every hour and probably increase that to 10 minutes every hour for two hours at the mid cycle . Kinda to simulate noontime sunshine.

Here's Bill's video in case anybody wants to watch it

Last edited:
Well some of the grow Room action is compost tea making!

The water I'm using is 'aged' rainwater. That's just rain water that sat in Buckets outside for a few days. :grin:

Along with my worm castings, it's one way of introducing some native bacteria.

Just a simple compost this time. My worm castings and Coast of Maine lobster compost.

Since I'm using this to inoculate my media,, bring it up to proper moisture levels And I'm going to take the top dressing that was on the 20 gallon pots and play with it. Since I'm not going to need it for about a month. I think I'm gonna add some chicken feed compost tea and Bokashi and kind of let this decompose for a bit.

That kind of means the clock is ticking for me to get the grow room clean back up and reorganized.

All I'm going to do with the media but I have the tote that's going to be used in this next run, is add some HumiChar, a bit of volcanic tuft and bring up the moisture level to its proper range.
I don't expect it to heat up, but there is a fair amount of compost and top dressings from the junior Earth boxes in the mix and I'll add a little bit of aminos to the compost tea. And probably a touch of coconut water for good measure. If it heats up I'll just turn it when it begins to drop and then wait till it doesn't heat up anymore.

I feel like I made a fair bit of progress along with the other bit of straightening out around the house.

You know I was thinking that I could only take on one seed making project, Asian Haze, to maintain a bit of simplicity,
But I think I can also Make some Crockett Tangie BX PHOTO REG.

I think if I delay Germinating Tangie Ten days to two weeks ,
I can Take Asian haze clones at around three weeks or so. A week for the clones to get roots established in my new rooter pucls and transplanted into the small disposable bags I bought. Spray the STS on the clone/s A few days before flipping as @Jean-O said and then flip the tent And continuing to spray the STS on Asian haze.
Once I have the males and females established, I can take either strain and put separate them in my Small tent that will be in the walk in closet, Once everybody's done with their dirty work, everybody can go back in the 3X3 tent And maybe some spots in the 4x4.

Any opinions on that plan?

I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought this big boy for my lung room!

With 15 liters, that will help quite a bit in keeping it filled.

I'm quite sure I will get more accurate humidity readings and a huge aspect is the instant/automatic on. If I lose power with my current set of my current set of, I have to go back and turn everything on manually.

I also got two adapters, so I can control my other lights with the AC Infinity smart controllers.

I was gonna get at least two more of their smart outlets, but they are not due out until next month in any orders with them won't ship out until then. And your only limit to 1 at this moment with the pre-release crap . That's just way too late and I do have alternatives.

Instead of getting a new HLG 350 Diablo light for the 2x4 tent, I'm going to add some far red With the Mars hydro supplemental light.

Well all that is left is to separate the seeds from a little bit of trash leftover.
The left pile is from the little one and the right is from the bigger. There is a definite trend for the little one to be lighter seeds, but they are still for the majority nice and fat.

Both girls were pollinated by the same male. Just from the size of some of the seas in the smaller female, tells me there was a little bit of maturity issues in some of the seeds, but I tend to believe the lighter colorization is just a pheno expression. Even with the darker beans there's not the same amount of darker mottling.
Just for simplicity I think I'm just going to combine the two seeds. There is a enough difference for me to generally get it right picking one seed or the other when I decide to plant.
What do you guys think?
IMG_20240308_092000734.jpg

Well all that is left is to separate the seeds from a little bit of trash leftover.
The left pile is from the little one and the right is from the bigger. There is a definite trend for the little one to be lighter seeds, but they are still for the majority nice and fat.

Both girls were pollinated by the same male. Just from the size of some of the seas in the smaller female, tells me there was a little bit of maturity issues in some of the seeds, but I tend to believe the lighter colorization is just a pheno expression. Even with the darker beans there's not the same amount of darker mottling.
Just for simplicity I think I'm just going to combine the two seeds. There is a enough difference for me to generally get it right picking one seed or the other when I decide to plant.
What do you guys think?View attachment 1670209
I have found that the color is way different from one cultivar to another. I have some that only produce light Grey to almost white seeds ( speed racer) and some that produce almost black seeds ( grandpa's Exodus). The lighter color beans almost always germinate faster for me over the darker shells. Breeding cultivars several times will help you to determine how many weeks after pollination is the best time to harvest for the best seed stability. Some cultivars seeds are ready 4 weeks after pollination and some take 5 to 6 weeks to mature properly. Over ripening seeds will generally produce a very tough exterior on the shells and adds lots of time to germination.
Do you just use a gravity on a tray to sift your seeds? I built a seed separator out of wood planks and a cheap dry vac. I stole the idea from zig zag they make a seed sifter but wanted over $600 for it. I built one for 60$ and leftover materials I had around the house.

Back