Outdoor Corn Field Grow in German/Danish Border

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Northern Lights
Hi i am a newbie at Outdoor Growing and would like some advice.
I heard that it is best to keep Autos in very big pots from start which i dont have for maximum yield and am trying to figure out when to start popping some seeds.

The Corn Plants around are about 15-20cm / 6-8inches and i heard that once they are about 40-50cm / 16-20inches Roundup isn't an issue anymore.

So when should i start popping my seeds for asap transplantation into the field?
Going from previous Seasons the Corn would be cut always between 1-2 Weeks before the End of September the earliest i remember was the first Week of September.
The Strains i want to user are Auto Durban Poison, Think Different and Big Devil XLs

Anyone willing to guide me through this baby-step style? :D

Last edited:
Dig some big ass holes in that field and water the shit outta em. U have plenty of time. But honestly photos do better outside way better yield.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

I tried Photos Outside at the same Spot with a Durban Poison she didn't finish fast enough although she is one of the earlier finishing photos.

Need to make sure this won't happen again, that's why i choose autos

I noticed that you are from around and have experience with corn fields do you have suggestions for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried Photos Outside at the same Spot with a Durban Poison she didn't finish fast enough although she is one of the earlier finishing photos.

Need to make sure this won't happen again, that's why i choose autos
Aww I see. Just finished my durban poison. I start mine early . mines been in the ground since the 15 th of last month they all reveggin
f240d6f9ac184bec5b9b3072e1930a6c.jpg
4b6a773232b9e8fc70c3267bc1929f60.jpg
f11b04f6b93dc5443c086cd37feb5905.jpg

Well honestly I've grown in them myself a long time ago. But they to easy to find by air so I quit, dig holes add your own soil mix .pull out a few corn plants around each plant. Only way to do it .

@onewarriorkilled

My Durban Poison started only beginning of September to flower, it also had quite some different features than yours, it was not as thinly fingered but had pizza box sized leaves (10fingers) and every stalk was at least 2inch in diameter, which made her very prone to strong winds and broke off quite a few branches.

That's why i will be trying out Auto Durban Poison this year, just optin for the best moment to start poppin' them seeds

Hi i am a newbie at Outdoor Growing and would like some advice.
I heard that it is best to keep Autos in very big pots from start which i dont have for maximum yield and am trying to figure out when to start popping some seeds.

The Corn Plants around are about 15-20cm / 6-8inches and i heard that once they are about 40-50cm / 16-20inches Roundup isn't an issue anymore.

So when should i start popping my seeds for asap transplantation into the field?
Going from previous Seasons the Corn would be cut always between 1-2 Weeks before the End of September the earliest i remember was the first Week of September.
The Strains i want to user are Auto Durban Poison, Think Different and Big Devil XLs

Anyone willing to guide me through this baby-step style? :D

I'd say start now, or within the next 2 weeks.

Let's say the corn is harvested Sept 15.
If you start on June 15, then you have 3 months = 12 weeks = 90 days.
That is prob sufficient for most auto strains.
Some will be earlier, prob, but should include them all.
But why wait?
June often has the best sunshine hours and quality.
So, why not get them ready as soon as you can?
Will also give you a better buffer zone for time.
If they don't take 12 weeks, they'll then be outside during the longest, best sunshine period.

If you can, grow them for maybe 2-3 weeks in pots, at home, or in your garden.
If you do 2 weeks, can just use 1L pots, should be okay.
That way you can baby them a little bit, keep your eyes on them,
keep them from from pests and stuff like that.
And avoid having the taller corn block out the sunshine from baby plants.
After 2-3 weeks, put them out in the corn fields.
Could use pots, but could just go straight into the ground.
Dig out big holes, put in some fertilizer amendments.
Give them a good watering, and you're good to go.

Back