Choosing Autoflower Seeds: The Indoor Edition

Choosing Autoflower Seeds: The Indoor Edition (beginner-intermediate)

Choosing the right strain is never an easy task!! The options are vast, and spread across hundreds, even thousands of companies, not to mention the variety of options available including Photoperiod, Autoflower, Light Sensitive Photoperiod, and Fast Version Photoperiod plants. Many companies sell Feminized(all female seeds), but very few also sell regular non-feminized seed which will contain males and females. For the non breeder, feminized seed is generally the best option. Autoflower strain breeders very rarely offer regular non-feminized seed for sale. Feminized options are generally best for new growers, but also lots of veteran growers prefer to use feminized seeds, and with growing many companies strains feminized is the only option.

Sometimes breeders do not use proper breeding techniques, and their strains can often turn into hermaphrodites(also known as "hermies"). The partially male, partially female traits are extremely undesired, and any plants showing both male and female traits should be discarded, so they do not pollinate pure female offspring. If they do pollinate pure females there is a very good chance that any seeds produced will also be hermaphrodites.

Terpene Connection:

What strain is perfect for you? Only your own body and brain can tell you for sure!! Different terpenes, associated with different smells, contain different types of highs that affect everybody differently. One strain that affects you greatly, might not have the same impact on another person. Once you get to grow out a number of different varieties, you will get to know which terpenes fire up your receptors.

Link those preferred buzzes to their associated scent, and you will be one step closer to finding your perfect strain. Let's say you find a special connection with a pine dominant smell. Get out there and do internet research, and pull a list of pine dominant smelling autoflower strains. Start with well known companies with solid reputations, and work your way down the list until you find the strain best suited to you.

You might find an excellent strain that you want to regrow over and over using this method within a couple of grows. Some of the best autos breeders I have tried, taking potency, quality of effect smell, taste and yield into account, are Dutch passion, Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, and the Autoflower Portal. These companies are very good at breeding and all have pretty accurate finish times(within reason, sometimes plants just take longer than they should), as well as fairly accurate smell, taste, and buzz descriptions.

Your grow space will reflect which strain you want to grow as well. If you are seeking a variety of different buzzes and flavors, you would be better off getting a bunch of smaller autos and trying a limited pot size(1.5-2 gallons/6-8 liters) Sea of Green style grow, versus grabbing notoriously large autos like the Dutch Passion Auto Ultimate, Dutch Passion Daiquiri Lime autos, Dinafem XXL autos, and Sweet Seeds XL autos.
As autos evolve more and more, the strains are continuing to get larger and larger. Many of todays autos grown in the right conditions, can grow to staggering sizes in under 80 days, even in often adverse conditions!!

This Dinafem White Widow XXL auto grew to 43" despite the cold damp rainy summer.

IMG_5675.JPG

AWWXXL Trunk - Amazing this plant grew to this size considering it rained 35 of the first 45 days, after I planted her! Imagine how large this plant would have been in a perfect climate indoors!!

IMG_5685.JPG

If you have a semi ideal climate indoors, then you don't really have to be too selective on strain with climate in mind. Instead, you get to focus on characteristics you are seeking. It might be superior flavor, a certain terpene profile, super high yield per seed, or perhaps a certain type of buzz. This is where you need to sit down and figure out what you are really after!! Do you want a multi strain grow with a variety of buzzes, or would you be content with a single strain growing? Are you looking to grow a very low number of plant and yield maximum amounts of bud from them? The answer to all of these questions would immensely change the strains I would choose for an indoor grow. If I want small strains there is a bunch of smaller compact strains that grow nice and small, but pack on lots of buds. I actually find that tiny plants that take up very little room can often outproduce, much larger plants in the same sized space. Planting Autos in a SoG (Sea of Green) style grow, can be very productive, especially if short stacked densely budded strains are chosen and grown in smaller pots. Certain types of lighting can keep plants fairly small as well.

These 7 plants were "stacked like firewood" in a 56" X 16" deep X 36" space. Choosing mostly smaller strains and using on purpose stunting techniques they fit in there beautifully.

IMG_6373small.jpg
IMG_6374small.jpg

This strain from the Autoflower Portal is a Stone Dragon. This strain stays short, but packs on intensely dense buds that pack on major weight for small plants. Perfect for an Auto SoG grow!!

IMG_4991.JPG

If I was looking for maximum size and output per plant, I would likely head over to a Seed Bank, and get some Dutch Passion or Dinafem seed, or perhaps to a slightly lesser degree sweet seeds. All 3 of those companies have a bunch of strains capable of giant yields indoors. The autoflower portal is also getting into some larger autos, and they are pulling some really nice smoke. If you are looking for a Bumper Crop from a single seed, grab a pack of Autoultimate and give them a try. I grew a pair of them outdoors a couple of seasons ago, and their size was really impressive! The largest grown in fulll sun was 41" tall she came in at 265grams.

ultimate7.JPG

The bud on the autoultimate was also really quite nice. If I had an indoor space big enough, I would certainly give it a try. I've certainly seen some giant plants coming from the autoultimate, though I do see quite a few taking 90+ days to finish.
ultimate dry1.JPG

For the newer growers out there selecting a quality strain like the auto ultimate is a really good move. Not only is it well spoken of for taste, smell, potency, but it is also known to be a forgiving strain, as are many of the other monster autos. If you make a few minor or moderate rookie mistakes on an ultimate you are still likely going to get a decent harvest of some smoke, and if you hit it just right, your first harvest will totally blow your mind!
Other strains known to grow out giants, are Dutch Passion Daiquiri Lime, DP Mazar, DP Glueberry OG, Mephisto Hubbasmelloscope, Dinafem Critical 2.0, Dinafem Blue Cheese , Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarin XL, Autoflower Portal Spiritwalker. Definitely try different strains that interest you, but also have a couple of good quality stand by strains you know you like as a backup. There is nothing worse than untested/improperly bred autos that don't autoflower, or even worse turn into hermaphrodites! Whatever strain is interesting you, make sure you do your research. Find out as much as you can about the strain on various forums and review sites. Google the strain names, and review to get some solid widespread information.

I am going to use Fruity Chronic Juice by Delicious Seeds as an example on strain research. I located a bunch of grows on different sites, indoors, I saw this strain was putting out some extremely nice crystal coated bud, and everybody, except one or two was very happy with the strain. There was quite a few happy with the smell, taste and a couple commented on the medical qualities of the strain (which incidentally coincided with delicious description of potential medical effects). The few unhappy had problems with their grows (so really they were unhappy about their situation, more than the performance of the strain), but overall all I found was the vast majority were saying great things on forums and in reviews. I didn't find a whole lot about outdoor grows on this strain, and there I was wanting it for outdoor. Everything had read was positive, and I see on the delicious website they list it as "moderate" mold resistance...hmm, it can get wet in the fall, but I figured I would give it a shot in partial sun. Well! That plant did fantastic, and so has every single Fruity Chronic Juice I have grown since then!! Bottom line, is if you find only positive things about a particular strain through research, there is a very good chance that is exactly what you are going to get!!

Okay, so now lets talk about breeders versus banks. Seedbanks are essentially stores that amass a bunch of seed packs from selected breeders and sell them. The biggest problem buying from banks, is that the age and viability can be an issue, if the banks are not storing the seeds properly, or if the seeds are old. I much prefer to get seeds directly from the breeder, because if you have problems with germination, hermies or whatever, you are able to take it up directly with the breeder. If you selected a highly regarded breeder, this is where you really see why they are at the top!! Top breeders get to the top, because of their customer support and their reputation to make wrong things right. Let's face it, the seeds are expensive, and we should get what we pay for! Highly reputable breeders will do just that if there is a problem, they will make it right. That is how they stay at the top!!

There is a few things you need to be wary about when dealing with seed banks. First of all, as with all things in the canna world, do your research. Finding negative comments is easy if the Bank isn't holding up their end of the sale. Not shipping in a timely manner, peddling old dead stock will all be easily found using google. Make sure you check out the Seedbanks payment methods and be sure that they have a method that works for you, and that their payment methods are secure. A few banks I recommend are SeedsMan, TheVault, AliBongo , GTASeedbank, TrueNorthSeedbank. I ALWAYS make sure I ask a seedbank about the availability of the seeds I want to buy. Some banks might simply substitute your selection if they run out of stock, and the sub might not be what you want at all.

Let's take a break, and peer into what I believe is one of the biggest seed scams out there.....THC percentages. I have smoked more than a few varieties of canna(yeah I would say!), and I have also grown more than my fair share. The first time i got a hold of some lab tested 32% medically grown bud, I thought for sure I would smoke a half of a joint and would have to put the joint down because I was so high. Nope...that wasn't the case at all. In fact, I have gotten a stronger effect from high quality field grown home stone, and to make that statement even crazier, I have gotten just as high if not higher from varieties that "in a prime climate" are only rated at 14%thc(Dutch Passion Durban Poison). What does this tell me? Not all THC psychoactive effects are created equal, and from what I have smoked, THC ratings don't mean bugger all. Don't be fooled by false claims of soaring high THC ratings.

Also, don't be fooled into thinking a high priced seed is the "best you can get". I took a chance on the most expensive seed I have ever seen, and bought 2 pure G-13 photoperiod seeds for $200. The pack came with one extra seed (LOL), so we are talking $66 per seed. So this strain was supposed to be the real deal pure G-13, and the company stated that yields would be extremely high. I grew two of the seeds side by side. One of the two plants tasted and smelt of hay. Yes it tied for the best yield of the season, but the taste and smell were poor and weak. The second $66 seed had huge fluffy buds and was the lowest producer of the season for the location, but had a very appealing fruity odor. The only good thing about both plants is potency was solid. Never grew another strain from that company after that. A $66 seed should be the holy grail of bud, if its anything less than that you are getting ripped off.

Which auto strains are the ones for you?
This is a very tough question to answer and will boil down to personal preference in regards to taste smell, finish times, and type of effect. Not to mention your setup. If you have a low ceiling in your grow space or limited in space in general, then you should be selecting naturally short strains. If you are looking for huge plants and want to maximize the amount of bud you get from a single plant then strains or plants from sweet, dutch passion, or dinafem might be better choices. Again, do your research, quality strains are easy to find large well grown examples on AFN and other grow sites. Same can be said with strains that don't seem to get very big, they are easy to find.

Here is a list of several of my favorites:
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies

IMG_4630.JPG

Dutch Passion Auto night Queen (part of my regular rotation now)

IMG_5146.JPG

Autoflower Portal Citrus Noir (recently added to regular rotation)
IMG_6723.JPG

Autoflower Portal Amber
IMG_6441.JPG

Sweet Seeds Mohan Ram
IMG_6500.JPG

Mephisto Toofless Alien

IMG_6726.JPG

Are you seeking a favorite or unique scent from your bud?
Favorite auto smell and taste list:
Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise - heavy fruity diesel. Be careful with this one if smell is a problem!!
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies - I had varied smells growing this strain. One was a mango fruity smell....but one was this minty chocolate that was super unique and just amazing!! All have been excellent scent appeal.
Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen - Okay, before I grew this strain I read on another forum and a guy was saying his smelled of Strawberry Milkshakes. In my head, I laughed "Yeah, right!", and then the first friggin' ANQ i grew out whammo!! Strawberry milkshakes!! The second one I grew was a more citrus odor...still great, but not the shaky awesome!!
Dinafem Moby Dick XXL - Very nice strong citrus (lemon) strong haze smell on this one. Highly recommend for Haze fans.
Portal Bloodstone - Always strong fruity smells with this strain...one I grew had an intense jolly rancher taste and smell, that was off the charts!!
Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarin XL - I have only grown out one of these so far, but the smell of the cured bud was really nice mandarin oranges. I liked it so much, I have decided to try the Cream Mandarin Fast photoperiod version outdoors.

Favorite auto effects list
Dutch Passion Euforia - Really well named...great uplifting euphoric high.
Dutch Passion Broolkyn Sunrise - DP really hit the nail on the head with their description of the buzz. Pretty much the ultimate morning toke.
Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen - Very intense Indica Stone. Excellent smoke for laying back and relaxing.
Portal Stone Dragon - Another VERY strong indica stone. Excellent for sleeping, or just chilling out.

On your own quest - I know this guide favors certain breeders, but that is simply because they are the best I have found for my own individual tastes. Definitely do get out there, and try smaller breeders seed out if they have something that you find interesting. It may be a unique reported taste or smell, that you find attractive. Watch your plants flowering progress closely regardless of strain for any signs of male preflower signs.
I should note....I do not hastily chop a plant at the very first sign of male preflower especially if one shows up super early in the preflower stage. I have seen a couple of times one of the earliest preflower signs on a single node(set of 2 branches), be a set of two male flowers on autos. Spotted early enough, with the two pollen sacs removed before they open, the plants showed no signs of future hermaphroditic traits and were able to finish with zero seed. Had i been hasty and chopped at the first sign, I would have missed out on quite a bit of fine bud!! Remember....pollen sacs are nothing to fear until they open up. Observe your plants closely, and its not a problem. In the case of true hermaphrodism, yes for sure cull the plant.

This is the first of a 4 part set of seed strain guides. Part 1 is Indoor auto's, Part 2 is for Outdoor autos, and coming soon will be part 3 Indoor Photoperiod, and after that keep an eye out for part 4 Outdoor Photoperiod.

Good luck on your quest for the perfect strains!!

"Not for a free weed country or continent, but for a free weed World, Unite and Grow, for a Better, Kinder Planet" 912GreenSkell

Choosing Autoflower Seeds: The Indoor Edition (beginner-intermediate)

Choosing the right strain is never an easy task!! The options are vast, and spread across hundreds, even thousands of companies, not to mention the variety of options available including Photoperiod, Autoflower, Light Sensitive Photoperiod, and Fast Version Photoperiod plants. Many companies sell Feminized(all female seeds), but very few also sell regular non-feminized seed which will contain males and females. For the non breeder, feminized seed is generally the best option. Autoflower strain breeders very rarely offer regular non-feminized seed for sale. Feminized options are generally best for new growers, but also lots of veteran growers prefer to use feminized seeds, and with growing many companies strains feminized is the only option.

Sometimes breeders do not use proper breeding techniques, and their strains can often turn into hermaphrodites(also known as "hermies"). The partially male, partially female traits are extremely undesired, and any plants showing both male and female traits should be discarded, so they do not pollinate pure female offspring. If they do pollinate pure females there is a very good chance that any seeds produced will also be hermaphrodites.

Terpene Connection:

What strain is perfect for you? Only your own body and brain can tell you for sure!! Different terpenes, associated with different smells, contain different types of highs that affect everybody differently. One strain that affects you greatly, might not have the same impact on another person. Once you get to grow out a number of different varieties, you will get to know which terpenes fire up your receptors.

Link those preferred buzzes to their associated scent, and you will be one step closer to finding your perfect strain. Let's say you find a special connection with a pine dominant smell. Get out there and do internet research, and pull a list of pine dominant smelling autoflower strains. Start with well known companies with solid reputations, and work your way down the list until you find the strain best suited to you.

You might find an excellent strain that you want to regrow over and over using this method within a couple of grows. Some of the best autos breeders I have tried, taking potency, quality of effect smell, taste and yield into account, are Dutch passion, Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, and the Autoflower Portal. These companies are very good at breeding and all have pretty accurate finish times(within reason, sometimes plants just take longer than they should), as well as fairly accurate smell, taste, and buzz descriptions.

Your grow space will reflect which strain you want to grow as well. If you are seeking a variety of different buzzes and flavors, you would be better off getting a bunch of smaller autos and trying a limited pot size(1.5-2 gallons/6-8 liters) Sea of Green style grow, versus grabbing notoriously large autos like the Dutch Passion Auto Ultimate, Dutch Passion Daiquiri Lime autos, Dinafem XXL autos, and Sweet Seeds XL autos.
As autos evolve more and more, the strains are continuing to get larger and larger. Many of todays autos grown in the right conditions, can grow to staggering sizes in under 80 days, even in often adverse conditions!!

This Dinafem White Widow XXL auto grew to 43" despite the cold damp rainy summer.

View attachment 922900

AWWXXL Trunk - Amazing this plant grew to this size considering it rained 35 of the first 45 days, after I planted her! Imagine how large this plant would have been in a perfect climate indoors!!

View attachment 922901

If you have a semi ideal climate indoors, then you don't really have to be too selective on strain with climate in mind. Instead, you get to focus on characteristics you are seeking. It might be superior flavor, a certain terpene profile, super high yield per seed, or perhaps a certain type of buzz. This is where you need to sit down and figure out what you are really after!! Do you want a multi strain grow with a variety of buzzes, or would you be content with a single strain growing? Are you looking to grow a very low number of plant and yield maximum amounts of bud from them? The answer to all of these questions would immensely change the strains I would choose for an indoor grow. If I want small strains there is a bunch of smaller compact strains that grow nice and small, but pack on lots of buds. I actually find that tiny plants that take up very little room can often outproduce, much larger plants in the same sized space. Planting Autos in a SoG (Sea of Green) style grow, can be very productive, especially if short stacked densely budded strains are chosen and grown in smaller pots. Certain types of lighting can keep plants fairly small as well.

These 7 plants were "stacked like firewood" in a 56" X 16" deep X 36" space. Choosing mostly smaller strains and using on purpose stunting techniques they fit in there beautifully.

View attachment 922905 View attachment 922906

This strain from the Autoflower Portal is a Stone Dragon. This strain stays short, but packs on intensely dense buds that pack on major weight for small plants. Perfect for an Auto SoG grow!!

View attachment 922908

If I was looking for maximum size and output per plant, I would likely head over to a Seed Bank, and get some Dutch Passion or Dinafem seed, or perhaps to a slightly lesser degree sweet seeds. All 3 of those companies have a bunch of strains capable of giant yields indoors. The autoflower portal is also getting into some larger autos, and they are pulling some really nice smoke. If you are looking for a Bumper Crop from a single seed, grab a pack of Autoultimate and give them a try. I grew a pair of them outdoors a couple of seasons ago, and their size was really impressive! The largest grown in fulll sun was 41" tall she came in at 265grams.

View attachment 922911

The bud on the autoultimate was also really quite nice. If I had an indoor space big enough, I would certainly give it a try. I've certainly seen some giant plants coming from the autoultimate, though I do see quite a few taking 90+ days to finish.
View attachment 922918

For the newer growers out there selecting a quality strain like the auto ultimate is a really good move. Not only is it well spoken of for taste, smell, potency, but it is also known to be a forgiving strain, as are many of the other monster autos. If you make a few minor or moderate rookie mistakes on an ultimate you are still likely going to get a decent harvest of some smoke, and if you hit it just right, your first harvest will totally blow your mind!
Other strains known to grow out giants, are Dutch Passion Daiquiri Lime, DP Mazar, DP Glueberry OG, Mephisto Hubbasmelloscope, Dinafem Critical 2.0, Dinafem Blue Cheese , Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarin XL, Autoflower Portal Spiritwalker. Definitely try different strains that interest you, but also have a couple of good quality stand by strains you know you like as a backup. There is nothing worse than untested/improperly bred autos that don't autoflower, or even worse turn into hermaphrodites! Whatever strain is interesting you, make sure you do your research. Find out as much as you can about the strain on various forums and review sites. Google the strain names, and review to get some solid widespread information.

I am going to use Fruity Chronic Juice by Delicious Seeds as an example on strain research. I located a bunch of grows on different sites, indoors, I saw this strain was putting out some extremely nice crystal coated bud, and everybody, except one or two was very happy with the strain. There was quite a few happy with the smell, taste and a couple commented on the medical qualities of the strain (which incidentally coincided with delicious description of potential medical effects). The few unhappy had problems with their grows (so really they were unhappy about their situation, more than the performance of the strain), but overall all I found was the vast majority were saying great things on forums and in reviews. I didn't find a whole lot about outdoor grows on this strain, and there I was wanting it for outdoor. Everything had read was positive, and I see on the delicious website they list it as "moderate" mold resistance...hmm, it can get wet in the fall, but I figured I would give it a shot in partial sun. Well! That plant did fantastic, and so has every single Fruity Chronic Juice I have grown since then!! Bottom line, is if you find only positive things about a particular strain through research, there is a very good chance that is exactly what you are going to get!!

Okay, so now lets talk about breeders versus banks. Seedbanks are essentially stores that amass a bunch of seed packs from selected breeders and sell them. The biggest problem buying from banks, is that the age and viability can be an issue, if the banks are not storing the seeds properly, or if the seeds are old. I much prefer to get seeds directly from the breeder, because if you have problems with germination, hermies or whatever, you are able to take it up directly with the breeder. If you selected a highly regarded breeder, this is where you really see why they are at the top!! Top breeders get to the top, because of their customer support and their reputation to make wrong things right. Let's face it, the seeds are expensive, and we should get what we pay for! Highly reputable breeders will do just that if there is a problem, they will make it right. That is how they stay at the top!!

There is a few things you need to be wary about when dealing with seed banks. First of all, as with all things in the canna world, do your research. Finding negative comments is easy if the Bank isn't holding up their end of the sale. Not shipping in a timely manner, peddling old dead stock will all be easily found using google. Make sure you check out the Seedbanks payment methods and be sure that they have a method that works for you, and that their payment methods are secure. A few banks I recommend are SeedsMan, TheVault, AliBongo , GTASeedbank, TrueNorthSeedbank. I ALWAYS make sure I ask a seedbank about the availability of the seeds I want to buy. Some banks might simply substitute your selection if they run out of stock, and the sub might not be what you want at all.

Let's take a break, and peer into what I believe is one of the biggest seed scams out there.....THC percentages. I have smoked more than a few varieties of canna(yeah I would say!), and I have also grown more than my fair share. The first time i got a hold of some lab tested 32% medically grown bud, I thought for sure I would smoke a half of a joint and would have to put the joint down because I was so high. Nope...that wasn't the case at all. In fact, I have gotten a stronger effect from high quality field grown home stone, and to make that statement even crazier, I have gotten just as high if not higher from varieties that "in a prime climate" are only rated at 14%thc(Dutch Passion Durban Poison). What does this tell me? Not all THC psychoactive effects are created equal, and from what I have smoked, THC ratings don't mean bugger all. Don't be fooled by false claims of soaring high THC ratings.

Also, don't be fooled into thinking a high priced seed is the "best you can get". I took a chance on the most expensive seed I have ever seen, and bought 2 pure G-13 photoperiod seeds for $200. The pack came with one extra seed (LOL), so we are talking $66 per seed. So this strain was supposed to be the real deal pure G-13, and the company stated that yields would be extremely high. I grew two of the seeds side by side. One of the two plants tasted and smelt of hay. Yes it tied for the best yield of the season, but the taste and smell were poor and weak. The second $66 seed had huge fluffy buds and was the lowest producer of the season for the location, but had a very appealing fruity odor. The only good thing about both plants is potency was solid. Never grew another strain from that company after that. A $66 seed should be the holy grail of bud, if its anything less than that you are getting ripped off.

Which auto strains are the ones for you?
This is a very tough question to answer and will boil down to personal preference in regards to taste smell, finish times, and type of effect. Not to mention your setup. If you have a low ceiling in your grow space or limited in space in general, then you should be selecting naturally short strains. If you are looking for huge plants and want to maximize the amount of bud you get from a single plant then strains or plants from sweet, dutch passion, or dinafem might be better choices. Again, do your research, quality strains are easy to find large well grown examples on AFN and other grow sites. Same can be said with strains that don't seem to get very big, they are easy to find.

Here is a list of several of my favorites:
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies

View attachment 922935

Dutch Passion Auto night Queen (part of my regular rotation now)

View attachment 922936

Autoflower Portal Citrus Noir (recently added to regular rotation)
View attachment 922937

Autoflower Portal Amber
View attachment 922941

Sweet Seeds Mohan Ram
View attachment 922939

Mephisto Toofless Alien

View attachment 922938

Are you seeking a favorite or unique scent from your bud?
Favorite auto smell and taste list:
Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise - heavy fruity diesel. Be careful with this one if smell is a problem!!
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies - I had varied smells growing this strain. One was a mango fruity smell....but one was this minty chocolate that was super unique and just amazing!! All have been excellent scent appeal.
Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen - Okay, before I grew this strain I read on another forum and a guy was saying his smelled of Strawberry Milkshakes. In my head, I laughed "Yeah, right!", and then the first friggin' ANQ i grew out whammo!! Strawberry milkshakes!! The second one I grew was a more citrus odor...still great, but not the shaky awesome!!
Dinafem Moby Dick XXL - Very nice strong citrus (lemon) strong haze smell on this one. Highly recommend for Haze fans.
Portal Bloodstone - Always strong fruity smells with this strain...one I grew had an intense jolly rancher taste and smell, that was off the charts!!
Sweet Seeds Cream Mandarin XL - I have only grown out one of these so far, but the smell of the cured bud was really nice mandarin oranges. I liked it so much, I have decided to try the Cream Mandarin Fast photoperiod version outdoors.

Favorite auto effects list
Dutch Passion Euforia - Really well named...great uplifting euphoric high.
Dutch Passion Broolkyn Sunrise - DP really hit the nail on the head with their description of the buzz. Pretty much the ultimate morning toke.
Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen - Very intense Indica Stone. Excellent smoke for laying back and relaxing.
Portal Stone Dragon - Another VERY strong indica stone. Excellent for sleeping, or just chilling out.

On your own quest - I know this guide favors certain breeders, but that is simply because they are the best I have found for my own individual tastes. Definitely do get out there, and try smaller breeders seed out if they have something that you find interesting. It may be a unique reported taste or smell, that you find attractive. Watch your plants flowering progress closely regardless of strain for any signs of male preflower signs.
I should note....I do not hastily chop a plant at the very first sign of male preflower especially if one shows up super early in the preflower stage. I have seen a couple of times one of the earliest preflower signs on a single node(set of 2 branches), be a set of two male flowers on autos. Spotted early enough, with the two pollen sacs removed before they open, the plants showed no signs of future hermaphroditic traits and were able to finish with zero seed. Had i been hasty and chopped at the first sign, I would have missed out on quite a bit of fine bud!! Remember....pollen sacs are nothing to fear until they open up. Observe your plants closely, and its not a problem. In the case of true hermaphrodism, yes for sure cull the plant.

This is the first of a 4 part set of seed strain guides. Part 1 is Indoor auto's, Part 2 is for Outdoor autos, and coming soon will be part 3 Indoor Photoperiod, and after that keep an eye out for part 4 Outdoor Photoperiod.

Good luck on your quest for the perfect strains!!

"Not for a free weed country or continent, but for a free weed World, Unite and Grow, for a Better, Kinder Planet" 912GreenSkell

A fascinating & well thought out read. Thank you [emoji1303]

HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bravo bravo freaking loved it!!! :clapper: I could read this over again this is a good one. There's a lot to learn from you. If I don't skip an closley pay attention read everything. You make a lot of interesting points. Thanks highly look forward to the new content coming. This is a winner thread

Simply outstandingly well organized, written & illustrated article. :bow: Thanks so much. :thanks: :smoking:

Bravo bravo freaking loved it!!! :clapper: I could read this over again this is a good one. There's a lot to learn from you. If I don't skip an closley pay attention read everything. You make a lot of interesting points. Thanks highly look forward to the new content coming. This is a winner thread

Thank you for the kind words!! Appreciate it...soon enough i will get around to finishing the rest of the series of seed selection articles....the rest are well on their way to completion...just need some spare time to finish and post!

Fantastic guide, thanks so much for sharing. One question, one of the recommended strains (I'll quote which one) ;

"Portal Bloodstone - Always strong fruity smells with this strain...one I grew had an intense jolly rancher taste and smell, that was off the charts!!"

I can't seem to find anywhere, if someone knows where I can get hold of this strain please let me know :)

Very good read ! Interesting and informative!

Fantastic guide, thanks so much for sharing. One question, one of the recommended strains (I'll quote which one) ;

"Portal Bloodstone - Always strong fruity smells with this strain...one I grew had an intense jolly rancher taste and smell, that was off the charts!!"

I can't seem to find anywhere, if someone knows where I can get hold of this strain please let me know :)

head to the autoflower portal and ask about bloodstone

Back