Lighting Custom Diablo Light and Grow

Les @HLG

Horticultural Lighting Group For Rep
Reaction score
Website
horticulturelightinggroup.com
Hey all! Glad to be back an active again! Quite a while back, I was lamenting that nobody had a medium size lamp in a more or less square profile. Little did I know, that for a short time, HLG built a lamp called the HLG-300. It had a square heatsink made from bare aluminum, actually pretty cool looking. it has a 240 power supply, which is exactly what I wanted.
Now the downside of this lamp was, the QB288 Rspec boards were riveted to the heatsink! NOT a great design..... So I left the lamp in the box for months while I debated about swapping the boards for the spare Diablo boards I had. I didn't want to ruin the QB 288s as I'll probably sell them as all my lamps are now Diablo based.

I had a couple good day a while back so I decided to tackle the lamp. I used a drill bit that I knew would just fit the hole in the board ( I forget what size ) and drilled out the rivets. Then I went through my parts bins and found screws, nuts and washers that fit perfect and bolted the boards to the heatsink. I wired it up and tested it WOOOOO! That some bright light!
I'll be haning it in my 32"x32"x60" tent, replcing the Diablo 200, single board light that is in there. Might put the 200 in my 2x2 tent..... might be overkill though lol!

Custom Diablo Lamp -1.png

Back