New Grower Danielsaaan’s Fourth Grow - Nightowl Blue Microverse

Mostly cloudy with about 5% amber is definitely harvestable. If you want something to put you to sleep, wait a few days, if not, chop her.

Mostly cloudy with about 5% amber is definitely harvestable. If you want something to put you to sleep, wait a few days, if not, chop her.
Thanks BCB! Will likely chop within the next 2-3 days. I know most hate it, but I’m kind of excited to trim these. Can’t wait to start the next one!

Thanks BCB! Will likely chop within the next 2-3 days. I know most hate it, but I’m kind of excited to trim these. Can’t wait to start the next one!
Yup, I hate to trim!!:haha::yoinks: You will get an idea
whether to full plant hang/wet trim/dry trim according to YOUR preferences, and environment.
Thanks for the slaps and my pleasure!!:bighug:

One thing I’ve noticed is my fan leaves are all pretty much faded/yellow. I understand it’s late in flower. I see most other peoples’ grows are green up to finish. Am I underfeeding these, do I have other issues, or are they perfectly fine the way they are? Trying not to overthink things, but here we are. Would like to get everything dialed in eventually!

One thing I’ve noticed is my fan leaves are all pretty much faded/yellow. I understand it’s late in flower. I see most other peoples’ grows are green up to finish. Am I underfeeding these, do I have other issues, or are they perfectly fine the way they are? Trying not to overthink things, but here we are. Would like to get everything dialed in eventually!
Your leaves yellowed sooner/more than normal. Likely a lockout situation.
I’ll look through the specifics of your nutrient/amendment regimen. Grow Dots/recharge sounds like a great/easy system, but I’ve not seen a completed cycle without issues. Likely a PH issue.
Not trying to dis the products. I grow in a set it and forget it type method too, using KiS amendments and Recharge/microbes but find keeping the PH in the 6s helps, with Recharge tending to increase PH. No need to buy fancy pens, just the cheap ph solution and some organic up/down if necessary. Check the PH before adding that teaspoon of recharge.
Regardless, you got to harvest and a very nice selection to sample as you plan your next cycle.

Your leaves yellowed sooner/more than normal. Likely a lockout situation.
I’ll look through the specifics of your nutrient/amendment regimen. Grow Dots/recharge sounds like a great/easy system, but I’ve not seen a completed cycle without issues. Likely a PH issue.
Not trying to dis the products. I grow in a set it and forget it type method too, using KiS amendments and Recharge/microbes but find keeping the PH in the 6s helps, with Recharge tending to increase PH. No need to buy fancy pens, just the cheap ph solution and some organic up/down if necessary. Check the PH before adding that teaspoon of recharge.
Regardless, you got to harvest and a very nice selection to sample as you plan your next cycle.
Makes sense. I PH everything to 6’s after adding Recharge and or Quillaja. Plants were gorgeous until about day 50. Going to try 1-2 more grows with the dots and recharge, then moving to something completely organic. That’s the plan anyways. Thanks again!

The only thing I can think of is maybe I’m watering too often? I usually wait until the pots are somewhat light and topsoil is dry. Should I wait for the plants to tell me when to water? When the leaves begin to droop a bit? That or maybe the dots are causing some kind of lockout? Can’t be sure! Definitely had the same issues my grows prior - with FFOF and the trio. Either way, happy I made it to harvest. Would still like to improve obviously!

The only thing I can think of is maybe I’m watering too often? I usually wait until the pots are somewhat light and topsoil is dry. Should I wait for the plants to tell me when to water? When the leaves begin to droop a bit? That or maybe the dots are causing some kind of lockout? Can’t be sure! Definitely had the same issues my grows prior - with FFOF and the trio. Either way, happy I made it to harvest. Would still like to improve obviously!
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, honestly it's likely just the dots. I ph'd my water to 6.5 and even went as far as to test the pH of my soil regularly and I still had issues. Like BC said I haven't seen anyone go start to finish without issues. I had a few come close and do great but it was only a few out of a larger group. They can't be controlled after starting which is the primary reason I'm kicking them myself.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, honestly it's likely just the dots. I ph'd my water to 6.5 and even went as far as to test the pH of my soil regularly and I still had issues. Like BC said I haven't seen anyone go start to finish without issues. I had a few come close and do great but it was only a few out of a larger group. They can't be controlled after starting which is the primary reason I'm kicking them myself.
Total agreement. With each cycle, you take away valuable knowledge and learn to read your plants and make adjustments. Organics, once dialed in, are awesome, and taste/smells unsurpassed, but unforgiving. The quest for perfection…..
I would venture to say that the weed you grew is far superior than anything you will buy!!! Why we grow.

Back