New Grower Danielsaaan’s Fourth Grow - Nightowl Blue Microverse

Another thing I thought of is maybe I’m not watering until enough runoff? To get some of the buildup out of the pots? I usually stop after the water starts dripping out of the bottom. Do I really need to water until an entire gallon (20%) runs out of the bottom (in 5 gallon pots)? Trying to think of anything I could be doing detrimentally wrong

Another thing I thought of is maybe I’m not watering until enough runoff? To get some of the buildup out of the pots? I usually stop after the water starts dripping out of the bottom. Do I really need to water until an entire gallon (20%) runs out of the bottom (in 5 gallon pots)? Trying to think of anything I could be doing detrimentally wrong
I believe grow dots are billed as “organic”. If so, then no need to water to runoff. Water until saturated, and lift your pot. Get an idea of how it feels. Water again when your pot feels considerably lighter, but not feather light/bone dry. The whole watering process is the most difficult to get down. In organics, soil should never dry out, but early on, overwatering is easy. I’m sure there are many other views.

20% is a little much IMO for soil but once the girls are well established when I water the pots it is to 10% runnoff the theory their being that it will helps prevent dry pockets and water channels that the water only travels through…

I’d have to look back through your grow but what is your water source? Tap, RO, distilled what is the PPM?

My gut tells me that when you veg is easy and flower is when the issue’s start sounds very possible that there is too much nitrogen come flower time just my 2 cents but it could be a bunch of other things too ph nute balance and it goes on

20% is a little much IMO for soil but once the girls are well established when I water the pots it is to 10% runnoff the theory their being that it will helps prevent dry pockets and water channels that the water only travels through…

I’d have to look back through your grow but what is your water source? Tap, RO, distilled what is the PPM?

My gut tells me that when you veg is easy and flower is when the issue’s start sounds very possible that there is too much nitrogen come flower time just my 2 cents but it could be a bunch of other things too ph nute balance and it goes on
I’m using tap water, adding nutrients/quillaja, PHing to between 6-7, then watering. Everything I’ve read tells me this is the way. I’ll be using grow dots/bio bizz light again next grow - because I already bought them (when this grow was going wonderfully haha). Just super frustrated, trying to think of things I could do better.

At first, I thought I was burning my plants with nutrients, then I thought with light, now I really think my issue has been PH problems later into flower all along. But I PH my water every time! This hobby is maddening. I love it!

I’m using tap water, adding nutrients/quillaja, PHing to between 6-7, then watering. Everything I’ve read tells me this is the way. I’ll be using grow dots/bio bizz light again next grow - because I already bought them (when this grow was going wonderfully haha). Just super frustrated, trying to think of things I could do better.
Ok that fine what is the PPM?

From my understanding if you phing your inputs and that is accurate then the ph of the pot should be very hard to screw up.. one way to find out is to buy a soil ph probe lots of folks like the Hanna meter..

Last edited:
Ok that fine what is the PPM?

From my understanding if you phing your inputs and that is accurate then the ph of the pot should be very hard to screw up.. one way to find out is to buy a soil ph probe lots of folks like the Hanna meter..
No clue on PPM. I’m using an Apera PH pen currently…

No clue on PPM. I’m using an Apera PH pen currently…

might be worth the investment into a cheap tds meter… is it well or municipality water? Also what is the PH to start… I just wonder cause I know we’re in the same region and my tap water is awful high ppm and ph 400ppm 8.4Ph I needed to at least cut my tap with RO/ distilled water to <150ppm… I now currently run RO only… getting my water source figured out has helped my grow tremendously:d5::toke: if it municipality water you should be able to find awater report online:goodluck:

I assume you let it sit out over night before feeding to the plants?

might be worth the investment into a cheap tds meter… is it well or municipality water? Also what is the PH to start… I just wonder cause I know we’re in the same region and my tap water is awful high ppm and ph 400ppm 8.4Ph I needed to at least cut my tap with RO/ distilled water to <150ppm… I now currently run RO only… getting my water source figured out has helped my grow tremendously:d5::toke: if it municipality water you should be able to find awater report online:goodluck:

I assume you let it sit out over night before feeding to the plants?
Im using city water. The PH is usually pretty high out of the tap. I do let it sit out for 48h+ before watering though

Back