New Grower Danielsaaan’s Mephisto Sour Stomper

OK Why plain water? Just explain your thought process on that.

No matter what the age, your buds tell me you still got quite a bit of time left.

Age doesn't designate harvest time. The ripeness of your trichomes designates harvest time.

There is no such thing as flush in organics.

And flushing makes no sense in non-organics either!
:yeahthat:

No matter what the age, your buds tell me you still got quite a bit of time left.

Age doesn't designate harvest time. The ripeness of your trichomes designates harvest time.

I been under the impression that flushing has been bro science. I know even when Im 80 ill still wanna eat. Till im dead I wanna why wouldnt plants be the same.

59: Watered the plants in flower with tap, quillaja, and molasses. PH: ~6.2. Til slight runoff. Temps: 76, RH: 45, DLI: ~50 at the tops. Do you guys recommend top dressing a third time? CoM does if you think the plants will go 84+ days. These don’t look like they will? The more mature plant looks like it’s beginning it’s fade.
Seedling will need water tomorrow.
Thanks all!
View attachment 1644609View attachment 1644610View attachment 1644611View attachment 1644612View attachment 1644613View attachment 1644614

That seems to be the consensus. Plain water the rest of the way!

I’ve been torn on what to say personally I would probably feed it’s cheap and easy. Don’t forget we’re not necessarily feeding the plant we are feeding the soil which keeps the plant happy :pighug:

I’ve been torn on what to say personally I would probably feed it’s cheap and easy. Don’t forget we’re not necessarily feeding the plant we are feeding the soil which keeps the plant happy :pighug:
In my regular potted girls, I tried to have my dry down right before harvest. This is so I can fully water the grill the night before harvest. This way I know my plant will be fully hydrated and offer me the best opportunity for the longest period of drying.

Nobody said anything about flushing bro…Just don’t plan on top dressing again. If this was synthetics, I’d keep feeding. it’s been water only the entire grow less the two top dressings. Lol. But will start checking trichs soon.

Last edited:
I think I’m going to let ‘em go per CoM’s recommendation. If I have problems, I’ll adjust next grow!

I been under the impression that flushing has been bro science. I know even when Im 80 ill still wanna eat. Till im dead I wanna why wouldnt plants be the same.
I never said anything about flushing anything anywhere. I’m just not top dressing again. Per nutrient line’s recommendation. Also, I’m under the impression that flushing is running a large amount of water through your medium?
Either way, nobody is flushing anything here…

I never said anything about flushing anything anywhere. I’m just not top dressing again. Per nutrient line’s recommendation. Also, I’m under the impression that flushing is running a large amount of water through your medium?
Either way, nobody is flushing anything here…
That's how I prefer to interpret flushing. I wouldn't call it bro-science either as I've used this technique to save a nute-locked plant.

Leeching is a better word to use for when you let the plant use the rest of the available nutrients in the medium, but this is more for salts. I also do this to save some money on nutes, but you either want to have a good eye to predict mature-ness, or know the cultivar timeline. For organics, depending on the nutes, it may take a while for the top dress to be broken down by the microbes to make them plant-available. So what you add today might not be plant-available until 1-2 weeks from now.

That's how I prefer to interpret flushing. I wouldn't call it bro-science either as I've used this technique to save a nute-locked plant.

Leeching is a better word to use for when you let the plant use the rest of the available nutrients in the medium, but this is more for salts. I also do this to save some money on nutes, but you either want to have a good eye to predict mature-ness, or know the cultivar timeline. For organics, depending on the nutes, it may take a while for the top dress to be broken down by the microbes to make them plant-available. So what you add today might not be plant-available until 1-2 weeks from now.
:yeahthat:

I think I’m going to let ‘em go per CoM’s recommendation. If I have problems, I’ll adjust next grow!

I count my weeks from when water touches the seed which puts a plant at the start of week 12 at day 74 most all my plant go that long plus I top dress early at week 9. But your the farmer I’m just telling you what I’d do :toke:

Last edited:
Back