New Grower Danielsaaan’s Mephisto Sour Stomper

Hey brother, I just wanted to let you know, since we both use the CoM amendments. I am running an experimental plant, a Meph Orange Biscuit.
I have always been concerned with CoM's Bud and Bloom not having any K, but also having a high cal percentage. On this plant I will be supplementing my B&B feedings with Down to Earth Langbeinite 0-0-22, which should add the missing K and also has 10% magnesium, this will hopefully tackle that common mag deficiency, and eliminate the epsom treatments.
I'll keep ya posted if it works.
Interesting… I guess I didn’t realize until now that there was no K in their bloom amendments (this is my first run). Is that normal for a flower feed? I may add small doses of Epsom salts in my next grow to try to avoid the early mg deficiencies. Appreciate the help brother!

while he is correct I know lots of ferts use fish bone meal for flower because it does have some K even though it says 5-13-0. I know a lot of people use fish bone meal for flower amendments in other soils

IMG_6786.png

What we have to remember is the microbes are doing most the feeding of the plant. If she wants K she tell the microbes to make more K. The biggest thing is keeping the microbes happy and the soil life happy which will in turn keep the plant happy.

Interesting… I guess I didn’t realize until now that there was no K in their bloom amendments (this is my first run). Is that normal for a flower feed? I may add small doses of Epsom salts in my next grow to try to avoid the early mg deficiencies. Appreciate the help brother!
From what I seen with other bloom nutes, its not a common thing to have no K. But I would like to get back to using the CoM bloom feed, if I can add the K and mag. Because as lil dab has said, fishbone meal is good stuff for these plants, it just does not have everything I think it should have. Hence the common mag issue.
We're all after the same thing, a healthy looking plant from beginning to end with as little effort as possible.

From what I seen with other bloom nutes, its not a common thing to have no K. But I would like to get back to using the CoM bloom feed, if I can add the K and mag. Because as lil dab has said, fishbone meal is good stuff for these plants, it just does not have everything I think it should have. Hence the common mag issue.
We're all after the same thing, a healthy looking plant from beginning to end with as little effort as possible.

Something else to keep in mind these nutrients company’s only has to state the minimum amount in a product

Last edited:
I’ll look into this!
You find a recipe for 5 gallon bucket, just Half it. A five gallon bucket is a loooooooooooot!
It's food that's ready for the microbes to use! With this fast girl you're growing, I don't think you can make it quick enough to be fully beneficial to this particular grow. You might could use it the last 10 days. But that would be at the most key time, too. Nevertheless, it will be good for your further grows.

Last edited:
You find a recipe for 5 gallon bucket, just Half it. A five gallon bucket is a loooooooooooot!
It's food that's ready for the microbes to use! With this fast girl you're growing, I don't think you can make it quick enough to be fully beneficial to this particular grow. You might could use it the last 10 days. But that would be at the most key time, too. Nevertheless, it will be good for your further grows.
For sure! Was debating giving unsulphured molasses once a week in flower because I have it on hand. I think I’ll need to water them tomorrow after work. Biggest plants I’ve ever had at 24 days. Still some signs of burn / mg def, but good growth. Will post some pics up tm.

Day 25 / 23: Watered with tap water and Quillaja - PH 6.2. Right around 7.5% soil volume for each plant. Upped DLI to ~28.5. Newer growth looking a bit better. The 3 gallon is short and stout and likely under-watered a bit. All in all pretty happy!
IMG_2854.jpeg

Day 25 / 23: Watered with tap water and Quillaja - PH 6.2. Right around 7.5% soil volume for each plant. Upped DLI to ~28.5. Newer growth looking a bit better. The 3 gallon is short and stout and likely under-watered a bit. All in all pretty happy!
View attachment 1636911

Are you still running 24/7? not that it will change much but I prefer giving them a rest can you run 18/6 or 20/4 and get the proper DLI? They are looking fine very similar to some of mine :headbang::pighug:

P.S. I don't like digging up the surface when top dressing plus come the third feeding you shouldn't be able too cause it will be packed full of roots. I like using some EWC and/or composts to cover it up

Back