Seed Stockers DDubs Wedding Glue Solo Cup Comp Grow 2021

How are they doing sweetie?
:bighug:

Thanks for asking.

Wedding Glue -Soil, day 8
Still getting plain pH 6.2/6.3 water. Doing ok, some krinkled leaf thing going on and still working on her second node leaves. I may have slowed her down with a bit of overwatering but im headed out for a day or two so it will give me a chance to LITFA and let the cups dry out a little.

20211125_072149.jpg

20211125_072158.jpg

Wedding Glue - Coco, day 5
Still getting plain pH5.9 water. Doing ok and like her big sister, she has a little leaf krinkle. It may just be low rH because i'm finishing up on my current grow but still a few weeks from being done.

20211125_072204.jpg

Thanks for asking.

Wedding Glue -Soil, day 8
Still getting plain pH 6.2/6.3 water. Doing ok, some krinkled leaf thing going on and still working on her second node leaves. I may have slowed her down with a bit of overwatering but im headed out for a day or two so it will give me a chance to LITFA and let the cups dry out a little.

View attachment 1390575

View attachment 1390576

Wedding Glue - Coco, day 5
Still getting plain pH5.9 water. Doing ok and like her big sister, she has a little leaf krinkle. It may just be low rH because i'm finishing up on my current grow but still a few weeks from being done.

View attachment 1390577

So glad the seeds arrived safe and sound mate :thumbsup:

You look to be off to a steady start :pass:

Game on :headbang:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

I have some scrap metal in the garage so i built some solo cup stands. The humidifier is under one and i have a collapsible/telescoping seat under the other. I have a takeout container under the cup to catch run off. Now im trying to mess around with placement of everything. I think im going to get an external inkbird humidifier to open up some floor space. If i can move the humidifier unit i have room for 2 seats.

20211127_103541.jpg

20211127_110616.jpg

20211127_112548.jpg

Last edited:
@The Bedroom Gardener UK thanks for the rep. The stands are working out pretty well so far.

Wedding Glue -Soil, day 13
Its refreshing to go away for a day or two and come back to see what kind of progress the garden has made. Doing ok so far and on par with my previous grows. pH and EC are finally settling down but pH is still a bit high. I think ill start light feeding next water so hopefully that can stabilize the soil.

Water in= EC 0.0, PPM 0, pH 6.2
Run off = EC 1.1, PPM 580, pH 6.9

20211130_191008.jpg

20211130_191016.jpg

Wedding Glue - Coco, day 10
Doing ok so far. Right now it feels like the coco cup takes longer to dry out so i have to moderate how often i water. Trying to make some gains so I started feeding her today. Checking the runoff numbers, it was probably the right time and i need to get this pH in check. Hopefully this will be a jumpstart.

Water in= EC 0.6, PPM 350, pH 5.9
Run off = EC 0.5, PPM 250, pH 7.5

20211130_191024.jpg

Wedding Glue -Soil, day 17
Doing ok showing some signs of either overwatering or the effects of the high pH. Only pushing out the 5th node now so i probably wont top this one. I started to lightly feed but im struggling with soil pH. Seams a bit too high and im not really sure how to get it lower. I will lower the pH going in and see if it stabilizes over the next couple days.

Water in= pH 5.5, PPM 700, EC 1.3
Run off = pH 7.3 PPM 490, EC 0.7

20211204_073637.jpg

20211204_073653.jpg

Wedding Glue - Coco, day 14
Still growing but her color is a bit off. I tired upping the EC numbers so hopefully that will help. Im struggling to get good pH numbers at runoff. I guess ill drop the pH going in a few points and start watering at pH5.5 to see if that helps bring it down.

Water in= pH 5.5, PPM 700, EC 1.3
Run off = pH 7.2 PPM 430, EC 0.8

20211204_073700.jpg

Hey friend, it's my first go in coco also but! From everything I've read, water in at 5.8-6.2 and make sure you're getting decent runoff. The outflow pH will change over time. Did you rinse/flush the coco before planting in it? If it's pre buffered you may just be seeing the effects of whatever they used.

Hey friend, it's my first go in coco also but! From everything I've read, water in at 5.8-6.2 and make sure you're getting decent runoff. The outflow pH will change over time. Did you rinse/flush the coco before planting in it? If it's pre buffered you may just be seeing the effects of whatever they used.

Thanks. The package said buffered and pH balanced but who knows. I actually just stole the coco from my worm farm and started a bean on a whim to see a side by side grow. Before planting I ran some water through to try and clear out the fines but i probably should have rinsed better. The coco girl seams a little more perky where the soil plant is drooping a bit.

I kind of have too much going on in the tent for my liking right now. 2 hurt'n girls im trying to limp to the finishline (day 81 and 76) and these two solos. Ill be able to concetrate better in a couple weeks. First thing first is to be better about watering and to reevaluate my nutients to make sure im in balance. Endlessly learning

Hi sweetie. Did you say in your first post that your cups are soil and coco? I did that once and had MAJOR PH issues. I just go pure coco now.
You will get a handle on it I am sure. :biggrin:

xoxo
mom

Back