Decolouration on the tip of leaves and "heads"

Django_TO

Qualified Live Stoner
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Equipment:
.1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's) - Led, TGL Star 100 (100w)
.2) Distance from tops? - Around 60 cms
.3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...) - Don´t have
.4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? - Yes
.5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? - Yes
.6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? - 18/6, don´t know the rest

Your medium:
.7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...) - BioBizz light mix
.8) Size of container. - 11 liters

Your nutrients and water:
.9) Source of water. (tap or filtered) What's it's ph? - Tap water, rested at least 24h to avoid chlorine, with ph around 6.5
10) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...) - Test with drops and colours
11) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...) - Lemon
12) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule. - Only used nutes once - Advanced nutrients a+b 1 ml per liter.
13) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering? Every 2/3 days, around 1 liter per pot
14) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...) - No
15) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? - I think they are stable, but last watering was done by my SO, can´t confirm it was not to near to 7.0
16) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph? Ingoing around 6.5, never tested runoff
17) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray? - I do not

Your growroom:
18) Indoors or outdoors? - Indoors
19) What size of closet, room or hut? - 80cms*80cms*1.80m
20) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? - Light on 55-60 RH - Lights of around the same. Temps always around 22.º - 24.º C
21) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? - No

Your strain:
22) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) - Indica dominate - RQS easy bud and royal critical
23) Is this an photoperiod strain? - No, they are autoflower
24) How old is the plant? - They'll be 4 weeks on soil next tuesday, 10th of March
25) In what life-cycle is it? Vegetative, pre-flowering, flowering, rippening? - First grow, o think is late veg or maybe pre flowering
26) From seeds or clones? - Seeds

So, for what i read online this could be a copper issue related with PH problems. According to the PH soil measure instrument it is really close to seven. I already have a post about this on other forum here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...o-sort-of-a-growth-journal.76070/post-2250464 , if it helps. Thanks

Attachments

• Branch.jpg
    Branch.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Full_Floor.jpg
    Full_Floor.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Leaf_tip_1.jpg
    Leaf_tip_1.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Leaves.jpg
    Leaves.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Tip_1.jpg
    Tip_1.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Top_1.jpg
    Top_1.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Top_2.jpg
    Top_2.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Top_4.jpg
    Top_4.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Top_leaves.jpg
    Top_leaves.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 47
  • Top3.jpg
    Top3.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 61
Hi guys,
Equipment:
.1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's) - Led, TGL Star 100 (100w)
.3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...) - Don´t have
.6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? - 18/6, don´t know the rest

Your medium:
.7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...) - BioBizz light mix

.9) Source of water. (tap or filtered) What's it's ph? - Tap water, rested at least 24h to avoid chlorine, with ph around 6.5
10) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...) - Test with drops and colours
11) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...) - Lemon
12) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule. - Only used nutes once - Advanced nutrients a+b 1 ml per liter.
13) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering? Every 2/3 days, around 1 liter per pot
14) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...) - No
15) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? - I think they are stable, but last watering was done by my SO, can´t confirm it was not to near to 7.0
16) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph? Ingoing around 6.5, never tested runoff
17) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray? - I do not

Your growroom:
20) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? - Light on 55-60 RH - Lights of around the same. Temps always around 22.º - 24.º C

Your strain:
22) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) - Indica dominate - RQS easy bud and royal critical
24) How old is the plant? - They'll be 4 weeks on soil next tuesday, 10th of March
25) In what life-cycle is it? Vegetative, pre-flowering, flowering, rippening? - First grow, o think is late veg or maybe pre flowering

So, for what i read online this could be a copper issue related with PH problems. According to the PH soil measure instrument it is really close to seven. I already have a post about this on other forum here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...o-sort-of-a-growth-journal.76070/post-2250464 , if it helps. Thanks
Another thing, i checked PH and humidity in the soil. The PH is arounf 7.0. The Humidity is high on the bottom of the pot but a bit dry around the middle. Should i water, and if so, until runoff or not? Thanks

Hi guys,
Equipment:

Your medium:

Your growroom:

Your strain:

well, disclaimer -> me def no plant doc, lol, :rolleyes2: but offhand, i'd say N is fading, now that she'z about to enter preflower, and...well, that'z all me gonna postulate, becuz u saw the disclaimer, right-? :rofl: in any event, u've given nice & detailed info & i'm sure our rezident house physician, @Waira will reply soon enuff & be able to help u out :thumbsup: jus hang tuff, cuz he tendz to be a buzy guy, lol ;) ppp

well, disclaimer -> me def no plant doc, lol, :rolleyes2: but offhand, i'd say N is fading, now that she'z about to enter preflower, and...well, that'z all me gonna postulate, becuz u saw the disclaimer, right-? :rofl: in any event, u've given nice & detailed info & i'm sure our rezident house physician, @Waira will reply soon enuff & be able to help u out :thumbsup: jus hang tuff, cuz he tendz to be a buzy guy, lol ;) ppp
Thank you

:toke: - thanks for the info Dj', I think you found an old form? This was a bit exhaustive, the new one is shorter...

OK, so it's a light soil, and you've only fed once at 1ml/L? It almost looks like nute burn on the newest growth, but not elsewhere... yellowing tips is a fairly generic symptom though, more than a few things can cause it...
How exactly did you check the in-pot soil pH? Taking that 7.0 at face value (pending how you did it), it's a bit alkaline, enough to start locking out some micronutes; very early symptoms are hard to be sure on, but Zn defc. can start out like this...
Drop tests can be a bit iffy for accuracy; what's the resolution on your pH drop test, like +/- 0.2?
... it's very odd that you pot is raising pH with so little input and that soil brand... unless it got over dosed with lime when made? That can force pH up out of range....

So, you water in 6.5, and the AN nute solution is also going in at 6.5, no change when adding the nutes? Super odd!..... You tap water at 6.5 is pretty low, indicates it's very soft water,.. Do you know what the TDS/EC is ?
....something is not adding up here, so let's see what the new info I asked for shows,.... :smoking:

:toke: - thanks for the info Dj', I think you found an old form? This was a bit exhaustive, the new one is shorter...

OK, so it's a light soil, and you've only fed once at 1ml/L? It almost looks like nute burn on the newest growth, but not elsewhere... yellowing tips is a fairly generic symptom though, more than a few things can cause it...
How exactly did you check the in-pot soil pH? Taking that 7.0 at face value (pending how you did it), it's a bit alkaline, enough to start locking out some micronutes; very early symptoms are hard to be sure on, but Zn defc. can start out like this...
Drop tests can be a bit iffy for accuracy; what's the resolution on your pH drop test, like +/- 0.2?
... it's very odd that you pot is raising pH with so little input and that soil brand... unless it got over dosed with lime when made? That can force pH up out of range....

So, you water in 6.5, and the AN nute solution is also going in at 6.5, no change when adding the nutes? Super odd!..... You tap water at 6.5 is pretty low, indicates it's very soft water,.. Do you know what the TDS/EC is ?
....something is not adding up here, so let's see what the new info I asked for shows,.... :smoking:
Hi. I checked the in pot soil with a PH/Moister meter i bought at a gardening store. It's not electronic, i has a "colour" scale for PH and another for moisture. I measured ont the bottom of the pot - where it shows the PH at around 6.8 - and on the top of the soil, i would say aroud 5 cms deep - PH there would be around 7.0.
I always used the drop tests to correct the water PH. The water i use (tap water, rested for at least 24h) has a high PH, over 7 for sure, and i reduced it with lemon drops until the colour test shows the PH somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5.
I don´t know what the TDS/EC of the water is.
Let me try and give you a bit of history on this, it may help. After the girls went to the soil i've watered them with water and B-52 (2ml/liter). I found out later that i shoud not have used B-52 so soon, but the girls did not seemed to mind. I also watered them until runoff (February 14th), the first time, something i learned here later i also should not have done. Anyway, the girls kept going strong. After that i gave them 1 liter (PH corrected water) per pot on the 24th of February, with no nutes. Again, 1 liter per pot, with 1ml/liter of each of this, and 2ml/liter of B-52. Until here no issues presente. Last wednesday (march 4th) my SO gave them 0.5l per pot of PH corrected water, and the issue presented the next day.
Yesterday i measured thePH on soil and after that i gave them each 1 liter per pot, with 1ml/liter of each of this, and 2ml/liter of B-52. I used the PH perfect nutes to be sure it would be the correct ammount.
I checked the PH soil just now. It's really odd. On the bottom of the pots the PH is lower than on the top soil. The difference is probably around 0.3 - 0.5. So at something like 6.5 in the bottom, and reaaly close to, or at, 7 on the top. I will add a few pics later.
Thank you

Hi. I checked the in pot soil with a PH/Moister meter i bought at a gardening store. It's not electronic, i has a "colour" scale for PH and another for moisture. I measured ont the bottom of the pot - where it shows the PH at around 6.8 - and on the top of the soil, i would say aroud 5 cms deep - PH there would be around 7.0.
I always used the drop tests to correct the water PH. The water i use (tap water, rested for at least 24h) has a high PH, over 7 for sure, and i reduced it with lemon drops until the colour test shows the PH somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5.
I don´t know what the TDS/EC of the water is.
Let me try and give you a bit of history on this, it may help. After the girls went to the soil i've watered them with water and B-52 (2ml/liter). I found out later that i shoud not have used B-52 so soon, but the girls did not seemed to mind. I also watered them until runoff (February 14th), the first time, something i learned here later i also should not have done. Anyway, the girls kept going strong. After that i gave them 1 liter (PH corrected water) per pot on the 24th of February, with no nutes. Again, 1 liter per pot, with 1ml/liter of each of this, and 2ml/liter of B-52. Until here no issues presente. Last wednesday (march 4th) my SO gave them 0.5l per pot of PH corrected water, and the issue presented the next day.
Yesterday i measured thePH on soil and after that i gave them each 1 liter per pot, with 1ml/liter of each of this, and 2ml/liter of B-52. I used the PH perfect nutes to be sure it would be the correct ammount.
I checked the PH soil just now. It's really odd. On the bottom of the pots the PH is lower than on the top soil. The difference is probably around 0.3 - 0.5. So at something like 6.5 in the bottom, and reaaly close to, or at, 7 on the top. I will add a few pics later.
Thank you
I'll put some pics here. I also found some problems on lower leaves. I'll also leave pics here. Thanks

Attachments

• bottom leaf yellowing.jpg
    bottom leaf yellowing.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 46
  • bottom_leaf.jpg
    bottom_leaf.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 30
  • bottom_leaf_2.jpg
    bottom_leaf_2.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 40
  • cutted_leaf.jpg
    cutted_leaf.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 30
  • cutted_leaf_1.jpg
    cutted_leaf_1.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200308_125854.jpg
    IMG_20200308_125854.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200308_125934.jpg
    IMG_20200308_125934.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200308_130956.jpg
    IMG_20200308_130956.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200308_131127.jpg
    IMG_20200308_131127.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200308_131246.jpg
    IMG_20200308_131246.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 47
  • PH_bottom.jpg
    PH_bottom.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 45
  • ph_bottompot_1.jpg
    ph_bottompot_1.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 32
  • PH-top_soil.jpg
    PH-top_soil.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 30
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Top_1.jpg
    Top_1.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 44
After some more researching i think one probable cause may be "wind burn". I decreased the fan speed and i put it further away from the girls. Any thoughts?
Thanks

The issue seems to be preading to lower fan leaves. @Waira Any ideas? thanks

Back