Diluting Concentrated Cannabis oil....Please, How?

icmoon

Finding a Replacement for the painkillers we use
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Don't smoke.......First grow = Burple bud Fem and Super Skunk auto
Hi all,
I've just got to the point where I have decarboxylated my ground weed and have made a sticky kind of glue type 'oil' as a completed CCO using everclear.
Now. I need to dilute it so I can get it into eyedropper type bottles in a concentrate that will not (like the undiluted stuff) knocked me pretty much unconcious, for 6 hours.
Can I add olive oil to dilute it or will the two oils not mix? i.e. like oil & water don't mix.

If I can dilute like this I can dose more accurately and avoid going numb for 6 hours!

Thank you guys for all your support this far.

With Respect.........As Always

Cmoon.

Why not dilute it in the same drinkable alcohol? Aren't tinctures just alcohol solutions? Otherwise any edible inert organic liquid will dissolve it, such as plant-derived oils. Olive oil I recall has been used in mainstream THC and other cannabinoid clinical trials and research over the years, and is used with many prescription drugs, so you also can't go wrong with that. Also, consider most any bottled high alcohol content beverage, e.g., vodka, rum, also peppermint oil....

Hi all,
I've just got to the point where I have decarboxylated my ground weed and have made a sticky kind of glue type 'oil' as a completed CCO using everclear.
Now. I need to dilute it so I can get it into eyedropper type bottles in a concentrate that will not (like the undiluted stuff) knocked me pretty much unconcious, for 6 hours.
Can I add olive oil to dilute it or will the two oils not mix? i.e. like oil & water don't mix.

If I can dilute like this I can dose more accurately and avoid going numb for 6 hours!

Thank you guys for all your support this far.

With Respect.........As Always

Cmoon.

The Full Extract Cannabis Oil you have will easily dissolve in any warm oil.
I do this all the time with avocado and olive oils that are liquid at room temp.
A 1 oz dropper bottle contains 30 mL, and each mL will be about 30-35 drops, so there will 900-1100 drops in a full bottle.
If 1 oz cannabis made the FECO, and all the original thc got into the FECO (which assumes at least several hours of soaking), then for 15% thc herb there will be about (0.15)*(28,000 mg) = 4200 mg
If that is split among 1000 drops, then each drop will have about 4 mg thc.

Why not dilute it in the same drinkable alcohol? Aren't tinctures just alcohol solutions? Otherwise any edible inert organic liquid will dissolve it, such as plant-derived oils. Olive oil I recall has been used in mainstream THC and other cannabinoid clinical trials and research over the years, and is used with many prescription drugs, so you also can't go wrong with that. Also, consider most any bottled high alcohol content beverage, e.g., vodka, rum, also peppermint oil....
My brother is as well of many other problems an alcoholic and I do not in anyway want to put temptation in front of him. I on the other hand do have serious liver problems.

My brother is as well of many other problems an alcoholic and I do not in anyway want to put temptation in front of him. I on the other hand do have serious liver problems.
Then just use a vegetable oil. You could also just mix it in melted high cocoa-content chocolate, fry or bake directly with your concentrate, most anything as long as their is a high fat or organic solvent content (that is edible, non-toxic, etc.).

Then just use a vegetable oil. You could also just mix it in melted high cocoa-content chocolate, fry or bake directly with your concentrate, most anything as long as their is a high fat or organic solvent content (that is edible, non-toxic, etc.).
Yay!........Cheers BII, I hate asking dumb questions but this is my first ever grow and I have made almost every mistake in the book. Now I've got a plant to this stage I really don't want to screw up! For me this is the easiest route (oils) to get the dosing right. I don't/can't smoke and I have to watch my liver (no alcohol at all) and only today I'm told I have an enlarged heart so I just have to be careful is all. Appreciate the imput, thanks.

Respect.....As Always

Cmoon.

The Full Extract Cannabis Oil you have will easily dissolve in any warm oil.
I do this all the time with avocado and olive oils that are liquid at room temp.
A 1 oz dropper bottle contains 30 mL, and each mL will be about 30-35 drops, so there will 900-1100 drops in a full bottle.
If 1 oz cannabis made the FECO, and all the original thc got into the FECO (which assumes at least several hours of soaking), then for 15% thc herb there will be about (0.15)*(28,000 mg) = 4200 mg
If that is split among 1000 drops, then each drop will have about 4 mg thc.
That's the kind of info I like! Thanks for that buddy.

I have bulk thc oil it hardens before I can get it in the cartridge. I hear both. How can I thin it

Back