Do You Flush With Mega Crop?

BCBUDY

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I was wondering who does or doesn't flush before harvest when using Mega Crop since it's not the same thing as your typical synthetic nutrient lines.

I don't just lower back to 3g per gallon on the final week.

Awesome, I've just been cutting back too.

Did a ton of reading on the subject of flushing. I've always done it in the past but after all the reading sources, I decided to continue feeding until harvest but with a reduction in the nutes given as harvest day draws near. So after a good proper cure, I'm very curious to see if there's any difference positive or negative.

I don't flush at all I feed her till the end. Spoil her and fatten her up like a cow when she's all full fat and happy cut her down. I did use to flush but can't say it's worth it. Most I may do now is cut down a little on the feed.

Depending on the plant, I either just don't feed it for about 5 days or just feed it full dosage right up to the end. I don't really expect there is much difference.

I admit ignorance of how 'flushing' at the end makes any difference in what nutrients remain. Yes, if you stop input of nutrients from the roots by drying out the soil or feeding just water, certain nutrients stored in cells and even migrating from the fluids of other itssues will then be used. But the inorganic nutrients and salts that 'flushers' want most to get rid of (am I correct on this?), such as result in off-color burning or ashes or off-tastes, are not going to be removed from the plant cells/tissues where they already are (what plant excretory function is there that would do this?) . Even if highly soluble, all the Ca, Mg, Cl, phosphates, sulfates, etc, are going to stay within their cells/tissues.

Depending on the plant, I either just don't feed it for about 5 days or just feed it full dosage right up to the end. I don't really expect there is much difference.

I admit ignorance of how 'flushing' at the end makes any difference in what nutrients remain. Yes, if you stop input of nutrients from the roots by drying out the soil or feeding just water, certain nutrients stored in cells and even migrating from the fluids of other itssues will then be used. But the inorganic nutrients and salts that 'flushers' want most to get rid of (am I correct on this?), such as result in off-color burning or ashes or off-tastes, are not going to be removed from the plant cells/tissues where they already are (what plant excretory function is there that would do this?) . Even if highly soluble, all the Ca, Mg, Cl, phosphates, sulfates, etc, are going to stay within their cells/tissues.

Awesome explanation! :thanks:

fantastic someone bucking the trend- agree 100%

must admit I also dont flush- -I stop feeding 1-2 weeks before harvest (depends what mood I'm in) I will give plants 1-2 liters of ph water only every 2 days - works for me....

I also have just completed a grow were I have recycled the coco with out flushing- pulled old plants and put the seedlings ( autos) straight in the used coco.. the plants grew very well and produced approx 160 grams per plant(dry)- using the mega crop does not seem to leave the build up of salts as the mass produced water based nutrients do so no need to flush --- :smoking:

Back