Droopy leaves

skudra

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I am at day 33 with my Zkittlez Autoflower and in the last couple of days have noticed that the leaves are droopy. I haven't watered since Wednesday, and today is Saturday. The last watering was with 750ml of Advanced Nutrients Sensi A&B. I am trying to copy Tang's detailed grow journal that he did a couple of years ago. lowered my light intensity from 500par to 300par to see if it is light stress. I also jacked up my light so it's farther from the top of the plant. Temp 70F and RH 50%. It is in ProMix HP. Light is Optic Slim 650S. Maybe too much water? Too little? My moisture meter doesn't even budge when I stick it into the soil. I want to see if I can right the ship before it gets too bad, but not sure which way to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.jpg
    IMG_3954.jpg
    743.7 KB · Views: 51
I am at day 33 with my Zkittlez Autoflower and in the last couple of days have noticed that the leaves are droopy. I haven't watered since Wednesday, and today is Saturday. The last watering was with 750ml of Advanced Nutrients Sensi A&B. I am trying to copy Tang's detailed grow journal that he did a couple of years ago. lowered my light intensity from 500par to 300par to see if it is light stress. I also jacked up my light so it's farther from the top of the plant. Temp 70F and RH 50%. It is in ProMix HP. Light is Optic Slim 650S. Maybe too much water? Too little? My moisture meter doesn't even budge when I stick it into the soil. I want to see if I can right the ship before it gets too bad, but not sure which way to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
She looks thirsty at that age my plant normally start drinking quite a bit and need watered every couple days... Nothing to alarming from the pics but the burple makes it hard to see what really going on maybe some pics not under the burple... But if it were me I would just give her a healthy watering of low ppm water ph to 6.4

My moisture meter doesn't even budge when I stick it into the soil.
First off those things are not very accurate I have some but stopped using them after first grow... I water by weight once the pot loses 50% of its weight I water again to full saturation.. BUT if it doesn't even move the meter that tells me she probably is too dry

She looks thirsty at that age my plant normally start drinking quite a bit and need watered every couple days... Nothing to alarming from the pics but the burple makes it hard to see what really going on maybe some pics not under the burple... But if it were me I would just give her a healthy watering of low ppm water ph to 6.4
First off those things are not very accurate I have some but stopped using them after first grow... I water by weight once the pot loses 50% of its weight I water again to full saturation.. BUT if it doesn't even move the meter that tells me she probably is too dry

:yeahthat:

She's starting flower and thirsty! It's pretty hard to overwater in fabric pots if you have good air movement.

Cannabis likes a wet dry cycle so I usually fully saturate the pot when watering then wait for it to get light again then repeat...

Here is a better photo without the purple. I was being cautious on too much water as Tang was going at 500ml at this stage. What amount of water would you suggest with nutrients?

Attachments

• 1EF7CFBE-AA34-419F-9C2F-FD6EF563360C.jpeg
    1EF7CFBE-AA34-419F-9C2F-FD6EF563360C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
She's starting flower and thirsty! It's pretty hard to overwater in fabric pots if you have good air movement.
Here is a better photo without the purple. I was being cautious on too much water as Tang was going at 500ml at this stage. What amount of water would you suggest with nutrients?

Like susitna said at that point it is pretty hard to over water... I would not give her any nutrients at this point she looks plenty healthy and water to just a tiny bit of runoff to try to get the pot back to full saturation... when letting soil dry way out you run the chance of dry pockets I use a surfactant once a week to help prevent this I use yucca BUT mind you have NO experience with your nute or soil.. I grow in coco or coast of maine TLS

thirsty af
soil should be watered consistently.. try to avoid wet\dry cycles and aim for evenly hydrated soil at all times... its a bit of an art..
very hard to over water a plant that size in cloth ime
gl

Last edited:
@skudra hi, plants looks perfectly fine … just water more and avoid completely wet /dried soil, it s an art but it’s just about not touching extreme conditions, soils shouldn’t be underwatered neither should be overwatered .

if you are aiming to give fertilisers every watering (I suggest to do so or also you can do it one watering fertilisers and one only water ph’d) so you don’t give stress to the plant.
For the dosage of fertiliser, follow the feed chart but starting with half dosage, if feed chart says to give 3 watering a week with 2 ml fertiliser each, you have to give half dosage, so 1ml each watering, but if you need to water more than 3 times you just split the dosage of 3 ml week in, for example, 6 watering of 0,5 ml each… happy growing !!!

Last edited:
She is much happier this morning after a fairly thorough watering and feeding yesterday. I did 1200ml with Tang’s feeding schedule of Advanced Nutrients and it really perked her up. Thank you for all of the advice. Super helpful to a first-time AF grower! I was so nervous about over-watering as everyone says that’s the biggest mistake that a new grower can make, but obviously I was going too light.

Attachments

• AD0BCF39-B0D4-43E9-A193-8CBE64827B3E.jpeg
    AD0BCF39-B0D4-43E9-A193-8CBE64827B3E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • D307828A-31CF-4E8E-9FBC-F7006148FBC7.jpeg
    D307828A-31CF-4E8E-9FBC-F7006148FBC7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
Back