Watering Issues I Assume?

Danielsaaan

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Problem: Sad plants, droopy leaves
-Medium/grow method: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend
-Feed and supplements used: Top dressed CoM Plant Food at the beginning of week 3.
-Water source: Tap with Quillaja, PH ~6.5
-Strain and age: Mephisto Sour Stomper - 30 days.
-Climate: Temp: 75F, RH 55-60%, exhaust fan 24/7, oscillating fans to circulate air in the tent

- Light used: Mars Hydro FCE4800, DLI: 32.5.
-Additional info:
Symptoms have lasted a few days. The plants got 2 liters on Monday, and another 2 liters yesterday. At first I thought I was overwatering, but to me these are showing signs of underwatering - as the leaves and stems are both droopy. Maybe 2L isn’t enough? Maybe I should bottom water as well (I haven’t tried this yet). Open to suggestions. This is my first time trying to run organics.
Thanks all!

Picture from this afternoon:

IMG_2914.jpeg

This is just what I have done. With 5 gal pots im assuming you are using. I was watering more like a gal every 3 to 4 days. Like @Lil Dab I water slow and have it in a tray to suck up the run off. I also let the run off never to much maybe 5 percent not even sit and let it suck that up too. If I see the next day its still got water in the tray I dump it out and then put them back on the raisers. Watering is hard man you will get it dont give up.

I agree would guess underwatered. Also it might take more then you would think to catch back up on keeping the pot moist. If you have gotten behind it can be a pain to get the soil back to field capacity.

There’s two ways you can play this either water more or less. Personally I would start watering more and see if they perk up it may take a day or so. Anything we do to the plants takes time to see

I agree would guess underwatered. Also it might take more then you would think to catch back up on keeping the pot moist. If you have gotten behind it can be a pain to get the soil back to field capacity.

There’s two ways you can play this either water more or less. Personally I would start watering more and see if they perk up it may take a day or so. Anything we do to the plants takes time to see
Makes sense. Hopefully the Quillaja helps a bit with that

How I water is every day , I also never water to run off just till around half a cup which gets absorbed , also if you get used to the weight of your pot it helps in the volume needed , When your plants come good and next water do it in small amounts at a time - say 200 ml - slowly , when you see run off , only a bit , wait for it to be absorbed and add a bit more , again wait a bit to see how long it takes for that to be absorbed and how much is left sitting it will give you the volume to water , It might sound like it is a bit of mucking around but it gives you a good idea of field capacity , Spend time on getting watering right and there is a lot of benefits to it . :thumbsup:

Back