Efficiency auto cobs

Reaction score
I understand autocob are very efficient. I'm adding a 36x20x63 space. I was just going to get a 2qb 288 lm301h cree red uv and ir 275 watt light. But I've been wanting some cobs but never pulled the trigger on my larger space. Autocobs are I guess 60 watts? My question is how can 2 cobs at 60 be better than a 2 QB 275w light consisting of the most efficient diodes on the market? Especially when I can get the QB slightly cheaper, $20-$30

@Craigery :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:

120 watts vs 550 watts = no contest from a power stand point so this is a silly comparison. Power is not the only consideration as spectrum is important also.

Check out Bruce Bugbee's videos on cannabis lighting.

Thanks! I guess I said it wrong. I mean the standard 2 board light. 240 mean well ( like the sf2000 category)with whatever spectrum, 3500 with far red, or with uv and ir. Or 3000k 4000k whatever. That light can be had for 200 sometimes 175. And that's 250 watts give or take of either lm301h or b. Why would anyone spend $239 on 2 cobs?

Why would anyone spend $239 on 2 cobs?
I felt much the same way after buying an AutoCOB for 125$ and then getting a 100w vivosun board style light for 99$. After time has passed I prefer the autoCOB for its versatility but the value is not superior. It’s not more efficient. So I don’t know why anyone would buy two cobs lol. It is a versatile light that enables me to bump intensity over a single plant. If a beginner was asking what to buy I wouldn’t recommend the autoCOB

I felt much the same way after buying an AutoCOB for 125$ and then getting a 100w vivosun board style light for 99$. After time has passed I prefer the autoCOB for its versatility but the value is not superior. It’s not more efficient. So I don’t know why anyone would buy two cobs lol. It is a versatile light that enables me to bump intensity over a single plant. If a beginner was asking what to buy I wouldn’t recommend the autoCOB
Beg to differ been running them since my 3rd grow

Thanks! I guess I said it wrong. I mean the standard 2 board light. 240 mean well ( like the sf2000 category)with whatever spectrum, 3500 with far red, or with uv and ir. Or 3000k 4000k whatever. That light can be had for 200 sometimes 175. And that's 250 watts give or take of either lm301h or b. Why would anyone spend $239 on 2 cobs?
All I can say is I started with 2 and now have over 25

All I can say is I started with 2 and now have over 25
I know much success can be had using the autoCOB and I run mine still to bump intensity. However if you had a 250ish$ budget you could get two autoCOB or a marshydro fce3000(got mine for <200$) Based on cost per watt the fce3000 wins all day. The autoCOB uses .49 amps, the FCe3000 uses 2.5 amps so similar watts/amp draw. It’s just not financially competitive against most other lights, also running 25 of these with individual plugs is nuts

Thanks man. Feeling much better weekly it. I just grabbed a second sp3000 for only $290. Crushing.

Back