Grow Mediums Mephisto & Roc Bud Inc & Mega Crop

UPDATE:
Sigh, so today i learned the tough lesson of double-checking your numbers. My plants, on day 7, were still the most pathetic of sprouts -- not even finished forming their first set of leaves, and so very stretched. I was confused, all my numbers seemed to be right on.
Then, i realized, i had forgot to move the decimal place. Sigh. Basically, for the VERY important and formative first 7 days of their lives I had thought the lights were set at 15,000 lux. But they were set at 1,500 lux. I FUCKED UP MY MATH.

Now, i fixed the lights, the height, and replanted the same two strains in rapid rooters WITH THE CORRECT LEVEL OF LUX (8000K @ 38" above the non-existent canopy. My lights are currently set at approx 35% of their full intensity). These two strains are relatively short grows and if you dont get them off on the right foot from the beginning, you're wasting your time.

Alright, so ba-da-bing-ba-da-boom, ive got two seeds germinating. Ill update once they pop out of the rapid rooter.

Expand your knowledge.......long but very well explained!

Thank you for this Youtube. I have both Blue and far red on my ChilLED light. I love my ChilLED. It has a controller that I can adjust the three separate channels (red, white, blue). From this video I see I could turn down my blues. Much appreciated. @pop22 @St. Tom ....worth the 27 minutes to watch.

Day 10 SEEDLING // 81F // 70% RH // Lights @ 40% intensity // Light Height @ 35" = 11,600 - 12,500 Lux

Nutrients: (750ml for each plant)
Cal Mag Pro = 0.75 g / gal
Mega Crop = 2g / gal
Sweet Candy = 1 g / gal
Great White = 0.5 tsp / gal
pH = 6.0

Alright! These ladies are looking lovely! The 3BOG x SN is at day 9 and growing quite a bit slower than the Dosi Breath (day 10) but they're both very healthy and happy. The Grape Dosi Breath might have a TINNNNYYY bit of Mag deficiency (interveinal lightening on the new growth) but since its just a seedling i dont want to start trying to fix problems that arent real problems yet. Aside from that...not a whole lot to update on!

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

Day 15 SEEDLING // 81F // 70% RH // Lights @ 38% intensity // Light Height @ 35" = 10,000 - 11,300 Lux

Nutrients: (1L for each plant)
Cal Mag Pro = 0.75 g / gal
Mega Crop = 2g / gal
Sweet Candy = 1 g / gal
pH = 5.9

Coming along! I started to notice a little taco-ing coming from the girls, so i dimmed the lights just a hair. I also noticed that a magnesium and calcium deficiency is slowly progressing (inter-veinal yellowing as well as tiny rust spots on one leaf) so for my next feeds, i will be raising the CalMag to 1.25g / gal. Otherwise...all is good! So far, this is the most successful grow yet.

3BOG x SN:
IMG_1421.jpg

GDB:
IMG_1422.jpg

Day 28 SEEDLING // 80F // 60% RH // Lights @ 48% intensity // Light Height @ 28" = 14,500 - 17,300 Lux

Nutrients: 5 gal in res
Cal Mag Pro = 1.25 g / gal
Mega Crop = 2g / gal
Sweet Candy = 1 g / gal
pH = 5.8

All is well! I had a small case of fungus gnats, hence the sand -- now they seem to be largely under control. Ill also be adding bacillus into the res at the next refill in order to control any enemies at root level. Aside from that -- the Grape Dosi Breath seems to be getting a bit of tip burn but im unsure if its from the lights or from the nutes so for the next res fill im going to not add Sweet Candy but instead add 2.5g of Mega Crop. The Grape Dosi Breath has nice internodal spacing and i think will definitely be the larger of the two plants. The 3BearsOG x Strawberry Nuggets wants to be a short fat bush :crying: i have a feeling that the 3BOG bud is going to send me into a coma.

Everything is going smoothly! I feel VERY lucky to have a more stress-free grow than i have in the past.

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

@MANNIK heres the update =]

Day 31 VEG // 80F // 70% RH // Lights @ 48% intensity // Light Height @ 24-30" = 20,000 - 26,000 Lux

Nutrients: 5 gal in res
Cal Mag Pro = 1.25 g / gal
Mega Crop = 2.75g / gal
pH = 5.8

Okay! Heres the first real sign of trouble, i guess. ( @bushmasterar15 @Olderfart @pop22 @Nosias ) Avengers, Assemble! It seems like both plants, but especially the 3BOG, are suffering from Magnesium deficiency. For the last 10 days, the plants have been getting 1.25g/gal of Cal Mag Pro and 2g/gal of Mega Crop along with 1g/gal of Sweet Candy. Before that, the Cal Mag was at 0.75g/gal.

As of yesterday, i changed the res and now am no longer feeding Sweet Candy (im not convinced it was doing much since i grow in coco, and it made my autopot res all weird) but i did increase the Mega Crop. Now we're at 1.25g of Cal Mag and 2.75g of Mega Crop.

What do you all think the leaves are telling me? I know deficiencies often take a while to show up, so am i seeing the leaves tell me that 1.25g of calmag is too low, or was having the calmag at 0.75g that was too low?

My EC for the last 10 days was 1.36 and ppm was 989 average. The new res (as of yesterday) is at 1.27 EC and 917 ppm.

PS: That white stuff that looks like paint is just Diatomaceous Earth that got wet and then dried.

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

Back