Grow Mediums Mephisto & Roc Bud Inc & Mega Crop

briefbriefs

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hey all! So this will be my third grow, but my second grow was the first one that made it to harvest. Hopefully this one will make it to harvest too!

Strain & Breeders:
- 3 Bears OG x Strawberry Nuggets - Mephisto Genetics
- Grape Dosi Breath - Roc Bud Inc

Tent:
2ft x 2.5ft x 7ft.

Light:
Kingbrite 240W LM301H with CREE xpe2 660 mix UV IR chips QB IP67 (Waterproof version)

Light Schedule:
20/4

Fan:
- AC Infinity 6" inline fan on a temp controller (AC Infinity carbon filter included)
- Vornado Hurricane fan above
- Little muffin fans.

Water Pump In Res:
- Nano Circulation Pump running for 15min every 2 hours.

Medium:
- Mother Earth Coco (I added perlite at about 60% coco & 40% perlite)

Nutrients:
- Greenleaf line: Mega Crop, Sweet Candy, Cal Mag Pro, Bud Explosion
- Drip Clean
- Great White
- Recharge

Pots:
- Autopot 2.2 Gal pots (x2)

I've got a nutrient feeding game plan ready to put into action! So hopefully this time i will have better control over everything. Okay, im not much for words or intros so...here we go.

Day 0 GERMINATION // 80F // 60% RH // Lights = 15% intensity @ 38" = 15,000 Lux

Nutrients: (Pre-moistened coco with the following)

Cal Mag Pro = 0.75 g / gal
Mega Crop = 2g / gal
Sweet Candy = 1 g / gal
Great White = 0.5 tsp / gal

Both seeds in their pots, they've sprouted in paper towels and now they're about to pop out of the coco. I can see their little helmet heads!

IMG_1372 copy.png

Last edited:
Hey man, how well do those ac/infinity filters work? I really like their fans

Good luck on the grow I will sub!
Thanks! This is my first time using their filters but I was using a cheap amazon filter last run and it worked great so I can only imagine that these will do the job even better.

You using the UV from start? Interested to see how the plants like it? I'm subbed too!

Welcome! And no, I’ll be using IR during veg and UV during flowering. The light I bought has two switches for the lights so you can turn them on when you wish. This will be my first time using both types of light so I’m interested in seeing how they grow but i think it’ll take me at least a few grows to properly be able to do A/B testing.

@bakEQuatorial No they are 630-640 I believe. You can your curer over any "avatar" and another screen pops up. Then click on the avatar on this screen to see a full screen. On the top left you will see a "FIND" drop down. Use that to find all threads or posts by a member.

@bakEQuatorial No they are 630-640 I believe. You can your curer over any "avatar" and another screen pops up. Then click on the avatar on this screen to see a full screen. On the top left you will see a "FIND" drop down. Use that to find all threads or posts by a member.
But 630nm is red. Not anywhere close to UV.

love your setup! quick q for ya. what are the spec on your UV light? is it UVA or B or maybe a combo of both? be careful not to expose your skin or eyes to the UV light! UVB is what I am trying to source. I even found the exact bulb I want, but can't get it shipped to me reasonably. Agromax pure UV, 2 ft tubes are what I'm after. You can get em in the States but their exclusive distributor will not ship to Canada. . The search continues.

I use both 660nm light in flower and a 730nm stand alone light to put my plants to sleep at lights out.

I think it's awesome your light has most these features built into it and then some!

So you are going to use the IR in veg. This is to encourage inter nodal spacing and stretch I am assuming? It's funny with photo you don't want to do that. but for autos I can def see the potential advantage for that. something I hadn't considered. Is there other reasoning I'm missing?

love your setup! quick q for ya. what are the spec on your UV light? is it UVA or B or maybe a combo of both? be careful not to expose your skin or eyes to the UV light! UVB is what I am trying to source. I even found the exact bulb I want, but can't get it shipped to me reasonably. Agromax pure UV, 2 ft tubes are what I'm after. You can get em in the States but their exclusive distributor will not ship to Canada. . The search continues.

I use both 660nm light in flower and a 730nm stand alone light to put my plants to sleep at lights out.

I think it's awesome your light has most these features built into it and then some!

So you are going to use the IR in veg. This is to encourage inter nodal spacing and stretch I am assuming? It's funny with photo you don't want to do that. but for autos I can def see the potential advantage for that. something I hadn't considered. Is there other reasoning I'm missing?

Great questions!! I’m a new grower so I’m just going off of what I’ve been suggested by more experienced growers, so unfortunately I’d be lying to you if I told you that I had a specific reason for doing certain things. Down the road, a few grows in the future, I’ll be able to answer your questions with more information. For now, I’m just focused on trying to get my plants to harvest :smoking:

Back