Grow Mediums Mephisto & Roc Bud Inc & Mega Crop

ahh ok! from what I've seen, you only want that UV part on for a few h a day. (in the middle, or High noon of your plants light period) IR would most likely be at max benefit on sunrise/ sunset type timing cycle. (too much IR light will cause the plant to think it's being shaded out and stretch for light!) but in the case of autos, this may be a good thing! I've only grown autos outside so far. I intend to run them this fall inside though.

I get to spend a fair amount of time researching through work on these things!

ahh ok! from what I've seen, you only want that UV part on for a few h a day. (in the middle, or High noon of your plants light period) IR would most likely be at max benefit on sunrise/ sunset type timing cycle. (too much IR light will cause the plant to think it's being shaded out and stretch for light!) but in the case of autos, this may be a good thing! I've only grown autos outside so far. I intend to run them this fall inside though.

I get to spend a fair amount of time researching through work on these things!

interesting!! Thanks for the knowledge drop! What do you do for work that brings you to this type of research?

Day 5 SEEDLING // 80F // 60% RH // Lights @ 25% intensity // Light Height @ 36" = 21,000 Lux

Nutrients: (500ml for each plant)
Cal Mag Pro = 0.75 g / gal
Mega Crop = 2g / gal
Sweet Candy = 1 g / gal
Great White = 0.5 tsp / gal
pH = 5.8

Both plants are showing fairly slow growth...but especially the Grape Dosi Breath — she hasn’t fully extended her first set of leaves yet. I have a heat lamp set at 80F for them to keep them nice and toasty through the night. I’m a little concerned that the PPM / EC is coming in at 848 / 1.1 respectively. Normally I’d consider that too high for seedlings but that’s the feed schedule that was recommended by BushmasterAR15 so this time around I’m just going to trust the process.

7455DACA-F155-460E-954A-1740C61DECB1.jpeg
18BAB722-04C6-4FCA-98E1-3D2529532BC4.jpeg

Expand your knowledge.......long but very well explained!

Oh heck yeah im half-way through his two hour/two part video. Its absolutely fascinating. Frustrating though because i cannot accurately measure my ppfd (i have a lux meter, but the conversion is only an estimation) so im still working mostly blind.

Oh heck yeah im half-way through his two hour/two part video. Its absolutely fascinating. Frustrating though because i cannot accurately hasmeasure my ppfd (i have a lux meter, but the conversion is only an estimation) so im still working mostly blind.
Yeah man, I math geeked out and got out a pad and paper, stopped the vid and did the math! LOL!
WHEN it's fully legalized, there will be even better studies!
Damn crazy Canadian YT John Berfelo has a bunch of those toys. Last vid he was rambling about his new UPRTek spectrum analyzer. He was just to high to explain what it was showing. If I had that, I could answer the question I asked Tina from Mars about what was the percentage of total power were the far reds pulling. She said it was a trade secret. LOL!

I work in a greenhouse in one of the more analytical positions. I started as a grower though but, I'm so glad I'm where I'm at now.

Bruce bugbee is the man! Great guy to watch on YouTube.

Yeah man, I math geeked out and got out a pad and paper, stopped the vid and did the math! LOL!
WHEN it's fully legalized, there will be even better studies!
Damn crazy Canadian YT John Berfelo has a bunch of those toys. Last vid he was rambling about his new UPRTek spectrum analyzer. He was just to high to explain what it was showing. If I had that, I could answer the question I asked Tina from Mars about what was the percentage of total power were the far reds pulling. She said it was a trade secret. LOL!

I wonder if its possible to buy some of those measuring tools after they've been used?? People such as yourself (and to a far lesser extent, me as well) could use it to REALLY dial in their environments. Once its federally legalized (which...i predict it will have to be in order to save the US economy) we're going to have access to so much more research. It will be a beautiful thing.

I work in a greenhouse in one of the more analytical positions. I started as a grower though but, I'm so glad I'm where I'm at now.

Bruce bugbee is the man! Great guy to watch on YouTube.

Thats so badass! I work in advertising, but i have a lot of interest in moving into the agricultural field -- specifically cannabis. Theres just so much to discover.

Thanks dude, I've definitely had a wide range of jobs that I've done, but this is the one I enjoy the most. In down time, I get to do research on topics regarding growing cannabis. Learning about UV and far red have been some of the most interesting things I've seen so far.

Back