Everclear tinctures

Medicann Seeds blue Blood is supposed to be a good one for high cbd also. Never grown it out, but heard it it good for pain and inflamation.:shrug:

Made a batch of tincture for myself and another chronic guy out of some underformed G bud and we are both finding it quite effective at 1.5ml.

So now I have done batches of tincture out of Frisian Dew, DP Blueberry, Hollands Hope and G-13. All have had very similar effect. My friend that's 70 and has a broken neck, take 1.5-2ml right before he goes to sleep and in the last few months reports his sleep is the best in over 20 years.
I've been taking 1.5ml during the day when I have lots of stuff to do, and at night. I find some varieties to be stronger than other for sure.

One thing to keep an eye out for when using tinctures...if left to settle for much a time duration, there will be a settling of crystal in the bottom of the jar. This super powered tincture is very, very strong. I took 1.5ml last week, and it was extremely intense, almost too intense. Careful out there guys.

I'm curious about something. Are tinctures more for pain relief and a high? Or can they be used as a healing thing like RSO?
Do you just cook it down further for RSO? Is that the only difference?

This is a great thread! I have a 78 year old who is taking up to five sleeping pills a night in order to get to sleep. Also a friend who is taking opiates (for years) for neck pain. I'm growing an indica strain that is high in CBD that I plan to make tinctures with. It will harvest in about 10 days. Looking forward to trying this. I have a Magical Butter Machine as well that I may check out.

I'm curious about something. Are tinctures more for pain relief and a high? Or can they be used as a healing thing like RSO?
Do you just cook it down further for RSO? Is that the only difference?

They can be used for all three dcat. I find that I don't much care for the high of tinctures but they will definitely get you high. The onset takes a long time, up to 45 minutes to an hour in some cases, and the high is quite dull for lack of a better word. It is difficult to explain unless you have tried it but the high is much more medicinal in effect. There isn't that happy, giddy feeling. More of a sluggish blah feeling. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for mood enhancement. It does work fair for pain relief and excellent for sleep.

As for your question about RSO, yes, it can be further reduced for exactly that. Mr Simpson recommends using a higher extraction solvent but the process is identical. I prefer alcohol because it is intended to be consumed, unlike many solvents that are suggested for RSO. The claim is that if done properly, RSO is safe using industrial solvents. I won't debate that fact except to say I prefer not to ingest anything that is used as an industrial cleaner. I don't mind loosing a little potency by using a less efficient solvent but that is up to each individual to determine for his/her own self. You extract everything in the same process with alcohol and then if you want RSO you will need to extract further. I use a double boiler method and cook the tincture down to oil. A glass or stainless bowl setting in boiling water and watch the temp of the tincture or you will ruin it. The tincture will cook down to a very dark consistency but will still be liquefied so long as it is warm. As the tincture begins to cool down it will thicken to an oil, or is allowed to go too long, a blob of grease which is basically THC with some chlorophyll and residuals. It takes a little practice to get proper oil.

Hope that helps my friend.

They can be used for all three dcat. I find that I don't much care for the high of tinctures but they will definitely get you high. The onset takes a long time, up to 45 minutes to an hour in some cases, and the high is quite dull for lack of a better word. It is difficult to explain unless you have tried it but the high is much more medicinal in effect. There isn't that happy, giddy feeling. More of a sluggish blah feeling. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for mood enhancement. It does work fair for pain relief and excellent for sleep.

As for your question about RSO, yes, it can be further reduced for exactly that. Mr Simpson recommends using a higher extraction solvent but the process is identical. I prefer alcohol because it is intended to be consumed, unlike many solvents that are suggested for RSO. The claim is that if done properly, RSO is safe using industrial solvents. I won't debate that fact except to say I prefer not to ingest anything that is used as an industrial cleaner. I don't mind loosing a little potency by using a less efficient solvent but that is up to each individual to determine for his/her own self. You extract everything in the same process with alcohol and then if you want RSO you will need to extract further. I use a double boiler method and cook the tincture down to oil. A glass or stainless bowl setting in boiling water and watch the temp of the tincture or you will ruin it. The tincture will cook down to a very dark consistency but will still be liquefied so long as it is warm. As the tincture begins to cool down it will thicken to an oil, or is allowed to go too long, a blob of grease which is basically THC with some chlorophyll and residuals. It takes a little practice to get proper oil.

Hope that helps my friend.
This is perfect!! Helps tremendously!! Thank you @A4 for this!!
This is what I had guessed but to have someone back up my thoughts it makes a huge difference!!
This is exactly why I love AFN...

This is perfect!! Helps tremendously!! Thank you @A4 for this!!
This is what I had guessed but to have someone back up my thoughts it makes a huge difference!!
This is exactly why I love AFN...

No worries brother, that is what we are all here for, to share information and help each other.

One more thing, as it seems like you are considering making this. The best way I have found to get the oil out is with a dispensing syringe. You can pick up a box of them for a few dollars on amazon. I like the 1ml size which costs about $12 for a box of 100. It is the perfect dose and when you need one, just run it under warm water for a moment and it dispenses perfectly. Some places call them oral medication syringes or something like that. Anyways, these are easy because you can suck the oil out of the bowl with very little fuss while it is warm and when it cools down it hardens a little and keeps oxygen out of it, which will degrade the THC is stored for long periods of time.

Back