Photoperiod Extreme ( for me.. ) Plant Training - A Mainlining Grow

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
It was time for me to try something new. I'm not much for plant training, I perfer my plants nuatural, though I have begun to do moderate defoliation. SCROG is the most advanced technique I've used and I've only done that a couple times. So I decided it was time to go extreme, and Mainlining is about as extreme as you can go!
I'm growing some photo periods, 3 Sugar Black Rose, and one Herijuana. I've taken one of the SBR, transplanted into a 5 gallon pot, and put the knife to her... I'm surprised she didn't die of shock, I did this to her, 23 hours after transplant! I expect she's going to stall a bit but that is expected with this type of plant abuse...errr.... training. We'll see. And from reading the norm is to train for 8 colas. I'm planning on 16. Not in a quest for more bud, but to grow a plant with a very low profile and I'm guessing 16 colas won't grow as tall as 8, so its also an experiment!

So here she is, and she seems to be doing fine. I'm giving her water only right now till she builds some roots, then i'll feed her Megacrop 2.0

Sugar Black Rose -mainlined pic1 -3-31-2019.jpg

Watching this one for sure, I have abused my poor photo gals so much, but they have always taken it and given me great rewards.
I'm addicted to it, I just can't leave them alone now and I find it to be a lot of fun, and often challenging (I love a challenge).
:pop:

Update:

My SBR survived the hack job! LOL! Actually she's doing well and is about 2-3 days ( estimate ) till the next round of butchery! When she has 4 nodes
I'll top at the third node, and remove all growth from the second node. I'm basically following the guide on growweedeasy.com in case anyone wants to check it out.
I'm feeding her Megacrop 2.0 at 500 ppms and ph 6.5. She looks happy! I moved her to another tent as the other 2 SBRs are now on 12/12. She's getting light from my 4 COB, citi 1825 light currently running at 250 watts. So far, so good!

Sugar Black Rose- mainlined pic1 -4-8-2019.jpg

Update:

Well, she not only survived, she took it all and kept going. I let her grow to 5 nodes instead of 4, so the I could use the branch tips for clones. I was concerned that maybe the Megacrop solution might be too strong for a plant taking this abuse, but no! She handled it fine. She's getting 500 ppms at PH 6.5. so now I have 8 tops.

I let her grow to 5 nodes, topped to the third node, and stripped off the second node. Should I go for 16 colas or stick with 8?

manifold plant pic1 -4-12-2019.jpg

Back