FC3000 height/distance in 3x3

GinFizzLuv

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 30 days into an auto grow and will be upgrading light and tent this week to an FC3000 in a 3x3 (actually 39”x39”).

What height/distance are you guys using for veg and flower? The manufacturer’s recommendations seem aggressive and I am afraid to nuke the plants. I have a PAR meter on back order, but won’t be here for a couple weeks.

I have a TS3000 in a 3x3. 24" above, on full for 18 hours.

I can lower it 6" without light burning the plants, but that raises temps, and with the necessary fan speed I can't maintain the humidity I want.
If I wasn't lazy I'd move the ballasts outside the tent to be able to lower the light.

I guess I fix stuff to an acceptable level of unacceptability.

Get it as close as you can without light burn, then back it away until you are where you want to be on the VPD.

I have a TS3000 in a 3x3. 24" above, on full for 18 hours.

I can lower it 6" without light burning the plants, but that raises temps, and with the necessary fan speed I can't maintain the humidity I want.
If I wasn't lazy I'd move the ballasts outside the tent to be able to lower the light.

I guess I fix stuff to an acceptable level of unacceptability.

Get it as close as you can without light burn, then back it away until you are where you want to be on the VPD.
Gotcha. I’m running 24 hours at 18inches about 70% strength. Without doing the math my guess is our DLI’s aren’t too far apart.

Back