Fem seed breeding: STS info and Other questions..

Also have had success with autos that were fem and I knew would be ladies spraying the auto as soon as I see preflowers... I have also done multiple sprays daily for a couple of weeks, it worked but fried the hell out of the plant and created little pollen, sacs didn't fully open on their own... Need to dry the plant and than crush the sacs by hand to expose the little pollen that there was... This plant I'm spraying now has only been hit twice once when I put her in to 12/12 than once again a week later and now about two weeks in I'm starting to see early sacs, might mist her one more time... Though will give her a couple of more days and see... I can post pics later if ya guys want to see... Reversing a DNA Tangilope to make s1's to blow through some different phenos hopefully and learn the strain a bit better as it seems a keeper for sure!
Anyone needing STS info or help please feel free to PM me or ask here as someone else maybe wondering the same thing...
:Sharing One:

Thanks Bob and Yoda! The "Molar Formula" presented higher on the thread, is that to be diluted? If so to what strength?

"The STS solution is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4,
respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of [Ag (S2O3)2]3-, the
active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.

Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of
0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a
month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended."

Also, if doing a DWC plant would you switch to flowering nutes at first spray?

Thanks again guys!

Correct me if im wrong.

Part A: .5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

Then I take 500ml of Part A and mixed into 500ml of Part B and I got STS base. Right? Or there is some other ratio of A + B?

Next I make solution STS base and distilled water in ratio 1:9. Right? Or there is some other ratio?

Correct me if im wrong.

Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

Then I take 500ml of Part A and mixed into 500ml of Part B and I got STS base. Right? Or there is some other ratio of A + B?

Next I make solution STS base and distilled water in ratio 1:9. Right? Or there is some other ratio?
Bump

I used the recipe on teh Sigma Aldritch website, 1.58g sodium thiosulfate in 100 ml water, 1.7 g silver nitrate in 100 ml water, add 25 ml of teh silver nitrate solution to the 100 ml of sodium thiosulfate solution - I did this 1 ml at a time, because they say do it very very slowly - tehn diluted the whole thing out 5:1 RO water:STS solution.

In my signature, theres a link to my breeding journal, you'll see how it turned out, I recommend it.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/technical-documents/protocols/biology/silver-thiosulfate.html

Or here it is is you dont want to go off site for it:

Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.

In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of
[Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.

Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

Where would one purchase the Ingredients from, I am not from the states, so online seems to be a bit of a dead end unless I import.
Suppose I would have to try a laboratory be the best bet.

Silver nitrate can be bought at camera supply places and on ebay. Sodium Thiosulphate is used medically and should be available. Ebay and amazon both have it.
Cost me maybe $12 for both and its enough to make supply for years.

Where would one purchase the Ingredients from, I am not from the states, so online seems to be a bit of a dead end unless I import.
Suppose I would have to try a laboratory be the best bet.

you've got it right

Correct me if im wrong.

will check if I can order from ebay.
otherwise I will go old fashioned and just go regular male pollen to female.
Thanks for the info pop22 appreciated
Silver nitrate can be bought at camera supply places and on ebay. Sodium Thiosulphate is used medically and should be available. Ebay and amazon both have it.
Cost me maybe $12 for both and its enough to make supply for years.

auto x auto = auto
auto x photo = faster photo @ F1 progressing more auto % after each generation

:toke:
So if u breed a auto to photo what would they be both or what.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Back