Fem seed breeding: STS info and Other questions..

Ok please clarify this for me.

I have a few feminized autoflower seeds. I would like to create more autoflower seeds of the same strain. What is the most direct way to do this?

I am intending to utilize the Colloidal Silver technique to reverse one of the plants and pollinate the other. Will I get feminized autoflower seeds this way? If not what is the best way to do it? Is it better to self the desired plant? I have read that it is bad to smoke the plant that has been treated with CS. Is that true and if so why? I understand that the STS method uses some dicey chemicals as far as potentially taking in any amount. People ingest colloidal silver solutions for their health so I do not understand why smoking would be bad esp. considering the dilution factor of bud to the rest of the likely discarded leaves of the plant. Also if smoking is not good is ingesting a safe alternative?

I am familiar with backbreeding regular photoperiod sensitive plants but the autoflower constraints of it being non cloneable and not being able to keep a mom plant leaves me with questions.

I am also backcrossing a true mutant plant which I call MLC which stands for Mutant Lemoncake. This is my own strain (Lemoncake) where an f2 initially grew with three leaves instead of two. it grows like an inverted xmas tree and the leaves are soft with a tendency to have one half of a leaf having a curl in it along the vertical axis. It is a regular plant. It also is very uplifting since I tend to seek plants that remind me of what I smoked in the late sixties. I have had people tell me it was very good for their stomach and gut related issues. I am considering creating feminized seed from it too. The next gen will be .94 I think that is far enough to produce fairly uniform seeds.

So please help me with the autoflower question or direct me to where I can find the answer. I really like this site a lot and will be starting a detailed grow journal soon which will be posted here.
Oh yeah I will be using the new Blackstar Chrome 270 watt (max output not what it runs at). When I do please feel free to lend helpful suggestions or if you are unable to do that, just send me a couple lbs of your finest so that I can better test and evaluate your work. I promise to give you a fair and accurate report if you do this! :firedevil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok please clarify this for me.

I have a few feminized autoflower seeds. I would like to create more autoflower seeds of the same strain. What is the most direct way to do this?

I am intending to utilize the Colloidal Silver technique to reverse one of the plants and pollinate the other. Will I get feminized autoflower seeds this way? If not what is the best way to do it? Is it better to self the desired plant? I have read that it is bad to smoke the plant that has been treated with CS. Is that true and if so why? I understand that the STS method uses some dicey chemicals as far as potentially taking in any amount. People ingest colloidal silver solutions for their health so I do not understand why smoking would be bad esp. considering the dilution factor of bud to the rest of the likely discarded leaves of the plant. Also if smoking is not good is ingesting a safe alternative?

I am familiar with backbreeding regular photoperiod sensitive plants but the autoflower constraints of it being non cloneable and not being able to keep a mom plant leaves me with questions.

I am also backcrossing a true mutant plant which I call MLC which stands for Mutant Lemoncake. This is my own strain (Lemoncake) where an f2 initially grew with three leaves instead of two. it grows like an inverted xmas tree and the leaves are soft with a tendency to have one half of a leaf having a curl in it along the vertical axis. It is a regular plant. It also is very uplifting since I tend to seek plants that remind me of what I smoked in the late sixties. I have had people tell me it was very good for their stomach and gut related issues. I am considering creating feminized seed from it too. The next gen will be .94 I think that is far enough to produce fairly uniform seeds.

So please help me with the autoflower question or direct me to where I can find the answer. I really like this site a lot and will be starting a detailed grow journal soon which will be posted here.
Oh yeah I will be using the new Blackstar Chrome 270 watt (max output not what it runs at). When I do please feel free to lend helpful suggestions or if you are unable to do that, just send me a couple lbs of your finest so that I can better test and evaluate your work. I promise to give you a fair and accurate report if you do this! :firedevil:

yes if you use the cs on one plant and pollinate another plant with the cs'd plant you will get fem seeds. if you breed the CS'd plant with itself then you might be breeding in a hermi trait so it is advised to not do that.(although some people still do)
I assume the CS'd plant is not good to smoke because you are potentially smoking silver and that not a good thing..I also wouldnt eat it because it still has the silver in it. look up the blue man on youtube and see what happens if you eat/drink too much cs. any part of the plant you didnt spray the cs on should be ok to smoke tho

Thanks I understand the feminized aspect but will the seeds produce all autoflowers or some percentage of the seeds ? Thanks for your response.

Thanks jm that was the answer I was hoping to get. If a month or so I will be getting a 14% cbd plant (reg photo) at that time perhaps we can start an autoflower cbd project although the cost of testing gets a bit pricey.

I have yet to receive:cry: any lbs of fine medical marijuana! I am so disappointed, sob.

This is an awesome thread with a lot of exciting and important information. Any idea where I can find seed to grow plants with 14% cbd? I found the strain Juanita Lagrimosa but the cbd amount is much lower. I've got plans to make tinctures in hopes of helping my Mom with her cancer. The pain and stress are absolutely terrible. The chemo and her quack of a doctor is another story.

My friend runs a seedbank and that Juanita la Lagrimosa (the weeping one) has sold shedloads - I would try it, but I personally cant recomend it - hype or really good - no idea.
Can I direct you to another friend of mine's places - not selling anything - neither am I - but if you find his pages - may help you.
Google and Facebook - Jeff Ditchfield - check his story and even watch him being arrested.
He's devoted to the Med use and is making significant progress.
I repeat neither he or I will make a penny from this post. Just trying to help - he may be able to steer you to good strains.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know when to start treating a photoflower with silver but at what point should treatments with CS start with an autoflower?

Last edited:
Back