Feminizing

Roobrowny

New User
Reaction score
Hi,
From what I have seen, to get a female to produce pollen, colloidal silver needs to be sprayed on the female before flipping it into flowering, but what if you don’t know the gender yet?

Can the spaying of x1 female begin 1) AFTER flipping it and the males reveal themselves (and removed) with this x1 female pollinating other females to make seed, or 2) spray the emerging buds/pistils with silver forcing the female to produce seeds rather than pollen sacks?

hope that makes sense?

I believe its fine to wait until you first see signs of sex and then start spraying it regularly. Despite what some people say

Hi,
From what I have seen, to get a female to produce pollen, colloidal silver needs to be sprayed on the female before flipping it into flowering, but what if you don’t know the gender yet?

Can the spaying of x1 female begin 1) AFTER flipping it and the males reveal themselves (and removed) with this x1 female pollinating other females to make seed, or 2) spray the emerging buds/pistils with silver forcing the female to produce seeds rather than pollen sacks?

hope that makes sense?
Are you trying to fem reg seeds? And auto or photo? If you are talking about photos (since you mention flipping to flower) you can take a clone off each, labeled or marked, and put them on 12/12 to see sex. Otherwise I believe you can spray just one branch on each plant (again, mark!) And then only keep the ones that show male and female flowers.

I believe its fine to wait until you first see signs of sex and then start spraying it regularly. Despite what some people say
Often its an issue of having the pollen ready in time for the seeds to mature. This is why often the lowest branch kept is used for seeds if you're not open pollinating so that you can harvest the top when it's ready and then let the seeded branches go to maturity.

Back