Other ethylene blockers for female reversal

Chemist

New User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to get your input on other types of ethylene blockers to perform female reversal. I'm aware of the traditional STS and colloidal silver treatments. I listened to Tad Hussey's podcast with Dr Jim Barrett and it seems like there are commercial agro industry ethylene blockers out there. One called ReTain (aminoethoxyvinylglycine) from Valent Bioscience for example is used to absorb ethylene and keep apples from ripening too soon, and generally safe for human consumption. Another one called 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP). I'd like to see if anyone has tried these products to produce pollen on a female plant. Or other ethylene blockers you have tried. If you have experience in this area would be interested to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMG
I have also wondered on this subject too. Tomato-Blossom-Set spray is the one that has been rattling around in my head as to if it would work on cannabis to produce pollen from females. Not living near a garden-centre unfortunately & no vehicle, so l can't get any to experiment with on a branch or two.

Lately I was reading about injecting silver nitrate into the stem of the plant to get balls with one shot and will be trying that down the road when I have a spare clone or two to play with. 1/10th of a gram to 10mls distilled or RO water and inject 20 units or 0.20cc into the bark of the stem. Might try it on a branch of a plant I have in flower right now and see what happens tho it's a little over 2 weeks into flower. I'm spraying STS on a branch of the other plant in there too.

:peace:

That technique is very interesting. Seems if it works would be great so self plants. Inject it and let it go seems really convenient. I have sts supply so maybe I'll try it. I remember reading when researching sts that silver nitrate works on its own but isn't absorbed by stomata very well. Injecting it would certainly solve that problem. It probably would work.

Back