Reaction score
*Having trouble adding some links :(

Tent: TopoLite 2'x2'x4' (24''x24''x48'')

Lights: QB96 Elite V2 Engine
QB96 Elite V2 Engine

Driver for QB: Meanwell HLG-240H-54A
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/HLG-240H-54A?qs=Pc4kzEvJlcTBk4EjkLxZ9g==

Pots: VIVOSUN 3 Gallon Fabric Pots

Medium: Kind Soil (Hot Soil - Water Only) - 5 lbs / 2.5lbs per 3gal fabric pot

5 lbs. Kind Soil Hot Soil™ product Create your own order size

Medium 2 (Base Media for Hot Soil): Roots Organic Original 1.5 cubic ft bag - Added on top of 2.5lbs of Kind Soil (Not entire bag lol)

Exhaust: 4'' Inline Fan (duct/booster fan) - 100CFM

Ducting: 4'', 8 feet aluminum foil

Carbon Filter: VIVOSUN 4'' with Australia Virgin Charcoal

Thermometer/Hygrometer: AcuRite Digital Humidity and Temperature Comfort Monitor - Home Depot
AcuRite Digital Humidity and Temperature Comfort Monitor-00619HD - The Home Depot

Fans: 2x 6'' clip fans from Home Depot

Water: Tap water with 6.5-7.0 PH

Strains: Mephisto Genetics (Direct)
1x Strawberry Nuggets
1x Sour Crack
1x Walter White (giving this to my older sis to experiment with growing, doesn't have Kind Soil at bottom, all Roots Organic)

:growing:

Last edited:
Water PH.jpg
IMG_20190516_095936248_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190518_075923300.jpg

Last edited:
Germination started on 5/16/19 at 11:30am EST - Toilet paper method in DVD case, wrapped in shirt. Tucked into tent at 75-80F with 50-70% RH. First pic is Strawberry Nuggets, second is Sour Crack, third is Walter White. DVD case standing up so taps will grow down. It's been about 48 hours - Strawberry Nuggets taking longer than the other two to pop, but it's peeking out

Strawberry Nuggets.jpg

Sour Crack.jpg

Walter White.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to check them again (50+ hours now), Walter is definitely ready, Sour Crack is almost an inch, and Strawberry Nuggets is still a bit slow.

Made a hole in the center of each pot with my finger about 1/2 inch deep, placed seeds in with tap root facing down, and covered lightly with soil. I lightly misted the surface of the soil with a spray bottle of tap water about 3-4 times each

My QB96 is about 28 inches from them, each pot measured at 14,000 - 15,000 lux

Temperature is stable around 73F with RH of 55-60%

IMG_20190518_134056123.jpg

48 hours later and no sign of a sprout anywhere. Trying to be patient since I know it can take awhile

Kind of worried that I planted too deep or didn't water enough. I talked to other people using the same soil setup and they lightly misted the top about twice a day, but everytime I check the soil it feels so dry, even like 5 minutes after misting.

My sister moved the soil gently from her Walter White. The seed turned white and the tap root looks really dry or shriveled/skinny. Not sure what it's supposed to look like after it's in the soil for a few days though

I gently moved the soil aside to check on the Strawberry Nuggets. The seed looks smaller and the tap root that was barely showing has started going back into the seed

I knew I would make mistakes on my first grow, but I didn't expect it to stop before it even started lol. Lightly covered with less soil, sprayed a little more and turned off all the lights. RH at 65-70% and temp around 72F. Going to let them sit for a few days before I give up hope on these ones

It's been a few more days and still no sprout. I decided to check again since I got off to a bad start. Walter is dead :(

Strawberry Nuggets and Sour Crack are making progress under the soil, going to cover them lightly again and lightly water with a spray bottle directly around them instead of around the entire pot

Edit: Decided to try another Walter White seed, but this time I'll germinate in the soil directly. I can't keep the temps over 65 without the light on though. RH between 60-80%

Last edited:
Sour Crack is starting to poke through the soil! The shell looks like it's about to fall off soon.

Not sure what's going on with the other two, but I'm not going to disturb them lol

Turned on my light and set the dimmer really low (3,000 lux at 30"). I figured SC would need some light, but don't want to mess with the other two. Not sure if this is okay lol

Back