New Grower DSM First Grow. Kind Soil. LED :) Completed

DarkStarMagnolia

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Taking a break until harvest :)
Hello Everyone!! Welcome to my first AutoGrow. After many weeks of researching and gathering supplies I am ready to start my first auto grow. I want to personally thank the AFN community for being so helpful and welcoming. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Feel free to stop by my introduction thread and introduce yourself. Don't be shy, the water is warm! :thumbsup::cools:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hey-now-new-guy-on-the-block.72075/#post-2121411

~Keep On Smiling~

Tent: VivoSun 3'x3'x6' (36''x36''x72'')

Lights: Phlizon Cree Cob 1000w LED

Pots: VIVOSUN 5 Gallon Fabric Pots

Medium: Kind Soil (Hot Soil - Water Only) - 3 lbs per 5 gal fabric pot

Medium 2 (Base Media for Hot soil) coco loco

Additional Nutrients: Recharge and Mammoth P. Anyone have any experience with using these two together with Kind Soil??

Exhaust: 6'' Ac Infinity Cloudline T6 with Temp and humidity controller. 350 CFM

Carbon Filter: Ac Infinity 6" carbon filter

Ducting: 6'', 8' Ac inifity ducting

Thermometer/Hygrometer: AcuRite Digital Humidity and Temperature Comfort Monitor - Home Depot

Fans: Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan Black,

IPM: Mammoth Biocontrol Concentrated Preventative Insecticide

Humidfier: PureGuardian H965 Ultrasonic Cool Mist

Water: Distilled water.

AutoStrains:
Mephisto Genetics: Strawberry Nuggets
Sweet Seeds: Dark Devil Auto
NightOwl Seeds: The GoldiLocks Zone

Last edited:
subbed :pop: ppp

Exhaust: 6'' Ac Infinity Cloudline T6 with Temp and humidity controller. 410 CFM
Carbon Filter: Ac Infinity 6" carbon filter
Check and make sure that the carbon filter is at the minimum matching cfm of the inline fan or preferably higher. NOT lower than inline fan cfm.

Check and make sure that the carbon filter is at the minimum matching cfm of the inline fan or preferably higher. NOT lower than inline fan cfm.

Whoops my bad. I wrote down the wrong cfm for the inline fan. Its 350 cfm not 410. :smoker1:

I was looking for the cfm info the other day for the filter . And couldnt find the answer so I emailed the company and was told this....

"Hello there,

Thank you for your question. This filter is designed to work primarily with our 6 inch duct fan. The duct fan has a maximum CFM of 351. This is the maximum amount of airflow that we know the filter is able to handle.

Thank you for your question.

Kind regards, "

Whoops my bad. I wrote down the wrong cfm for the inline fan. Its 350 cfm not 410. :smoker1:

I was looking for the cfm info the other day for the filter . And couldnt find the answer so I emailed the company and was told this....

"Hello there,

Thank you for your question. This filter is designed to work primarily with our 6 inch duct fan. The duct fan has a maximum CFM of 351. This is the maximum amount of airflow that we know the filter is able to handle.

Thank you for your question.

Kind regards, "

ok...well...at least it'z +1 above...:shrug: :rofl: :thumbsup: ppp

Based on the PPF foot print of your light at 24" height 3x3 footprint the average is about 431 um/s² this will produce about 28 DLI (day light integral) in 18 hours so this is going to be short of the 41 to 50 we are looking for in ideal conditions. Two lights would be better but I have grown with less than you have now. A word to the wise "Light Envy" is never ending. Tent goggles and UV protection:

ScreenHunter_200 Aug. 02 17.45.jpg

Based on the PPF foot print of your light at 24" height 3x3 footprint the average is about 431 um/s² this will produce about 28 DLI (day light integral) in 18 hours so this is going to be short of the 41 to 50 we are looking for in ideal conditions. Two lights would be better but I have grown with less than you have now. A word to the wise "Light Envy" is never ending. Tent goggles and UV protection:

View attachment 1085830

Should of played it safe and gotten the 2000w model instead. The one I purchased was almost $200 cheaper than the 2000w model. It was on a flash sale for only $98. Might just keep it in the box and save it for a rainy day and go ahead and order the next size up. Or perhaps find a small led to fill in the rest of gaps. Thanks for your input @Mañ'O'Green

Should of played it safe and gotten the 2000w model instead. The one I purchased was almost $200 cheaper than the 2000w model. It was on a flash sale for only $98. Might just keep it in the box and save it for a rainy day and go ahead and order the next size up. Or perhaps find a small led to fill in the rest of gaps. Thanks for your input @Mañ'O'Green
I would use that and just add one or two others. I like @BigSm0 autocob. Having a couple of lights makes it easier to accommodate a short plant.

Looks like its going to be a little bit before I get the ball rolling. Went to set up my VIVOSUN tent to find out they didn't send the right amount of poles. I'm missing one. Grrr super frustrating.

Anyone have any recommendations for a better tent company? Preferably one that will send me all the necessary equipment... :nono: :shrug:

Back