New Grower First Grow - Northern Lights/Pineapple Express/Sweet Tooth (Autos)

Thanks for the link TGB. I think I'm just going to go ahead and try to get that one.

I looked at the fatter shorter one....I bet it works the same in every way except that it doesn't go to the bottom of the pot and it leaves a much bigger divot in your soil...to me, and it may be OCD, I just didn't want to risk root damage to that extent. As it is, the Accurate 8 is semi-intrusive, I see the other one as even more so....

Once it's in the toolbox, it's there forever...start-up costs of doing a good job. My 2 cents.

I thought it actually like extends into the long thin thingie. Is the Accurate 8 one always long? I dunno why I thought you could "close" it

I thought it actually like extends into the long thin thingie. Is the Accurate 8 one always long? I dunno why I thought you could "close" it

That would be nice, but no...it's always a huge instrument.

LMBAO!!! I thought the same thing, too! Both of the instruments being shown side by side led me to believe that, then when I got it, I was like "whaaaaat?!"

haha thanks for the info guys. Really sucks I have to spend so much but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do. Especially if it will help me with my next grow. I'm also hoping that if I can get it fast enough I can maybe fix my plants so they will actually grow.

I think I finally realized what my problem was and why my plants stunted out so early. I don't know what the PH of my FFOF is but it said like 6.3 on the bag. My tap water before I moved to a new apt was like an 8. So if my FFOF was actually the correct PH and I didn't get a bad bag -_-

I've most likely had a high PH for at least the first 15 days of the plants life. The ph of my current tap water is like 7 and it drops down to between 6-6.5 when I add nutes to it. I assumed that would be okay. Problem is my plants never really seemed to recover, as in they never really started to grow at the rates they should have been.

I'm thinking that even if I have been watering with the correct ph that it's not really making a difference because I already used the wrong ph and I didn't flush? I'm assuming I need to flush. I planned on flushing after I got that PH meter but I don't know when I will be able to get it and I feel like the longer I wait the longer my plants are going to be screwed.

What do you guys think? Assuming everything I just said is accurate, is a flush needed? I mean I'm totally guessing as to what the ph in my soil is but I feel like it's a pretty educated guess. I'm not sure how to calculate soil ph but 6.3 ph + 8 ph has to = too damn high lol.

Last edited:
haha thanks for the info guys. Really sucks I have to spend so much but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do. Especially if it will help me with my next grow. I'm also hoping that if I can get it fast enough I can maybe fix my plants so they will actually grow.

I think I finally realized what my problem was and why my plants stunted out so early. I don't know what the PH of my FFOF is but it said like 6.3 on the bag. My tap water before I moved to a new apt was like an 8. So if my FFOF was actually the correct PH and I didn't get a bad bag -_-

I've most likely had a high PH for at least the first 15 days of the plants life. The ph of my current tap water is like 7 and it drops down to between 6-6.5 when I add nutes to it. I assumed that would be okay. Problem is my plants never really seemed to recover, as in they never really started to grow at the rates they should have been.

I'm thinking that even if I have been watering with the correct ph that it's not really making a difference because I already used the wrong ph and I didn't flush? I'm assuming I need to flush. I planned on flushing after I got that PH meter but I don't know when I will be able to get it and I feel like the longer I wait the longer my plants are going to be screwed.

What do you guys think? Assuming everything I just said is accurate, is a flush needed? I mean I'm totally guessing as to what the ph in my soil is but I feel like it's a pretty educated guess. I'm not sure how to calculate soil ph but 6.3 ph + 8 ph has to = too damn high lol.

I felt the sting of kicking out $50+ dollars for yet another meter, too, but in the end, told myself it's a good investment. Plus, as long as I don't break the damn thing, it's a one time deal.
The bag may say one thing, but the actual PH of the soil may be something else entirely. I too got FFOF soil, and mine was at 5.8, and I've had a few other people tell me there's came in at different levels, too.
I'm not the resident expert here, far from it, but I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with giving your plants a good flush if you suspect your levels may be high. I just flushed my girl a couple of days ago because I was under the suspicion that the perlite (unsuspectingly used mg perlite) was starting to cause me some PH issues, and a few days later, she looks like she's as healthy as she could wanna be.

Back