New Grower First grow- seedsman northern lights

Carve

Grow dad
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Howdy!
I'm a first time grower. I've been lurking here, trying to absorb as much knowledge from these forums as I could while I waited for my first seeds to arrive. Now it's time to get my hands dirty and join in the fun.

My first grow is 2 Northern Light autos from Seedsman. Tuesday afternoon, I plopped the beans straight into five gallon fabric pots filled with an 80/20 mix of FFHF + perlite. I was getting anxious waiting, but they broke ground Friday morning. Below are the seedlings this Saturday evening. I'm not sure whether they look fine or not--they're my first born girls but they seem a bit ugly. But most newborns are ugly, right?

Attachments

• IMG_20210711_190041.jpg
    IMG_20210711_190041.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20210711_190032.jpg
    IMG_20210711_190032.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Howdy!
I'm a first time grower. I've been lurking here, trying to absorb as much knowledge from these forums as I could while I waited for my first seeds to arrive. Now it's time to get my hands dirty and join in the fun.

My first grow is 2 Northern Light autos from Seedsman. Tuesday afternoon, I plopped the beans straight into five gallon fabric pots filled with an 80/20 mix of FFHF + perlite. I was getting anxious waiting, but they broke ground Friday morning. Below are the seedlings this Saturday evening. I'm not sure whether they look fine or not--they're my first born girls but they seem a bit ugly. But most newborns are ugly, right?
Give them a few days to get things sorted. They will likely be just fine once they have a chance to grow a couple sets of leaves. They will be concentrating on roots for a while, so be patient. When you water, do it away from the stem in a circle around the plant, not next to the plant. They will not need much for a while. What are you using for nutes?

Oops, forgot to mention, if the relative humidity in your grow area is less than 60% or so, you should consider putting some sort of transparent cover (plastic drink glasses work) over each plant to keep the humidity up for several days while the babes get some roots and leaves started.

@Olderfart thanks for the reply. I haven't added any nutrients and won't for some time, but I have the fox farm trio on hand. I had them under plastic covers until yesterday morning, but low humidity definitely isn't an issue here in the south. I'm at or above 70% with the fan running.

@Olderfart thanks for the reply. I haven't added any nutrients and won't for some time, but I have the fox farm trio on hand. I had them under plastic covers until yesterday morning, but low humidity definitely isn't an issue here in the south. I'm at or above 70% with the fan running.
That's perfect for the babes, but you should get the RH down for flowering if you can. If not, keep the canopy open and air moving through it with a fan.

Good luck with the grow, I hope it goes really well for you. There is lots of help here if you need it. :goodluck:

That's perfect for the babes, but you should get the RH down for flowering if you can. If not, keep the canopy open and air moving through it with a fan.

Good luck with the grow, I hope it goes really well for you. There is lots of help here if you need it. :goodluck:
Thanks @Olderfart I'm looking forward to watching them grow. I need to watch them less, though. My tents are right next to my work station :hurry: I may be a tad hobby obsessive as I'm sure many others here are as well.

Howdy!

into the brave new world! :yay: ppp

First watering for the twins this morning. They're working on some leaves it looks like, but they're still not what you'd call pretty. They take after me, I guess.
IMG_20210714_054701.jpg

IMG_20210714_054653.jpg

Also, I could be a better photographer.

The twins welcomed new baby sisters to the world this morning. These are in espoma organic potting mix with about 25% perlite because I didn't want to drive the 30 min each way to get FFHF again. Seeds were planted straight into 5gal fabric pots Sunday night.

This is seedsman Larry Lemon auto:
IMG_20210715_083307.jpg

And seedsman Alaskan Purple auto:
IMG_20210715_083333.jpg

Back