Harvest & Curing First time grove bag

Forgot to say its also important to keep them at a temp lower than 20c.

What temperature is the space you're storing them in?

Qb

Best I can do is 65, 66f
That's within range so you're good to go.

I've also seen people using wine coolers if that's something you're interested in.

Qb

Getting a cannatrol for cheap this weekend. That’ll be my dry/cure and storage ontop of my dry tent and grove bags
Very nice. I imagine "cheap" is still not "cheap" in the grand scheme of things.

Qb

Very nice. I imagine "cheap" is still not "cheap" in the grand scheme of things.

Qb
Being able to lock my stuff inside it makes it more convenient, while keeping it in storage and follow the rules of the land makes it cheap compared to keeping my ac on. One time purchase for something to run cheaper seemed good to me

Once I get to 65% I bag in 1oz bags and seal. I leave them in there until I'm ready to open and put that in a jar so I don't wear out the zipper. You can keep cutting the bag below the seal and use them for a long time. But I've found anything that's gonna sit for a couple months needs the heat seal. I label with a piece of tape and reuse
PXL_20231023_234310586.jpg

Once I get to 65% I bag in 1oz bags and seal. I leave them in there until I'm ready to open and put that in a jar so I don't wear out the zipper. You can keep cutting the bag below the seal and use them for a long time. But I've found anything that's gonna sit for a couple months needs the heat seal. I label with a piece of tape and reuse
View attachment 1640845
I've always presumed that having Grove bags in contact with each other defeats their purpose, does not allow sufficient or optimal diffusion water vapor in and out of each bag. There is much less surface area in contact with open air, with in the picture it looking like ~50% of the bags' surface area is restricted, not exposed to open air. Comparably, I presume sealing sealed bags in a container is also not good practice?

For the bags to do their job, bag surfaces should be in optimal contact with open air, with the bags relying on passive diffusion of water vapor. Am I wrong? Can Grove bags equilibrate their internal water vapor content when jammed together or tightly sealed in a container? I let my bags stand or lie free, not pressing against other bags (at least for ≥ a month after sealing the bags).

Last edited:
View attachment 1640845
I don’t cram the buds in but I leave the space uptop is that good?

I don’t cram the buds in but I leave the space uptop is that good?
I presume the bag surface being able to exchange water vapor with external air is more critical.

I presume no need to leave a good amount of space, as long as loose enough for the buds to be well exposed internally to air. [But yes, I only fill the bags <50-60%, leave lots of unused air space].

Back